1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Nova-West Palm Beach Campus

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by RX student, Apr 7, 2007.

1. RX student

RX student NSU-WPB campus
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Who is planning on attending the West Palm Beach Campus?? It looks like that is where I'll be going. Any advice on the best place to live?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spirit82

Pre-Pharmacy
    hey...i just got a call from nova for an interview....my 1st choice was WPB...im guessing u had an interview, can you tell me how it went, and what did they ask? im really nervous.....please let me know....thanks.

4. RX student

RX student NSU-WPB campus
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    OMG..that was back in early January, but I did the interview feedback section. They asked me why pharmacy 1st, then why nova. They really focused on certain things from my file...like a bad grades from 1999 and where I had worked for 5 years. They have really dug into my file, so be prepared to answer any questions from your personal statement and the supp. application. What was the last book you read? How did you study for the PCAT? What other careers did you consider and why? Well, good luck and if you need anything else, just pm me. I am going there, so maybe I'll see ya there. If you go there, pm me and let me know where you are going to live. Me and another girl that is going there will be rooming together.

5. spirit82

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks so much....i'm guessing i am on the alternate list for them to choose me for an interview this late.....but i'm still grateful....hopefully it gies well i will be there may 15th at 1pm....wpb campus...i wont be living there, i live in vero beac north of WPB, so if i get accepted hopefully i will be commuting everyday...its a 40min to an hour drive .....it will suck, but a degree in pharmacy will be worth it.....wish me luck.....we may be study partners-i hope!

6. lovelife

Pharmacy Student
    i think i'll be there this fall, i'm way excited!

7. jessymint55

Pre-Pharmacy
    me too!! :)
    is anyone else coming from miami? I wanted to know if people commute there bythe tri-rail or if its worth it to move there? thanks!

8. cdpiano27

cdpiano27 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Are you talking about WPB campus or Ft. lauderdale campus?

First of all, tri-rail does not go as far north as WPB campus. It stops in Mangonia park which is by 45th street and congress. That is about 10 miles south of the WPB campus, which is by PGA Boulevard three exits north on I-95.

As far as the fort lauderdale / davie campus. You would have to take another bus from the airport tri-rail stop. This is very inconvenient. I would say if you cannot afford a car, then you have to live right near the campus.

For WPB campus, you absolutely must have a car. It is one satellite building near a very residential area, and the Gardens Mall, and I-95.

The problem with tri-rail is:

it is only good for going downtown Miami, and a few other places.
    It spans 72 miles (Mangonia Park to Kendall), including metrorail when you get into Miami, but is really only one line, if you consider that and metro-rail.

If it is WPB campus, I think you have to move there from Miami. It is simply too long of a commute.

If Fort Lauderdale, you can easily just drive there from Miami.

9. jessymint55

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah, it was WPB campus. I originally interviewed @ Ft. Lauderdale, so I had to go and look to see where the satellite campus was. It was like an hr drive on the turnpike, so i guess moving there is probably best. The neighborhood looks really new, pretty nice...until you start going down US1 thinking you'll end up in west palm downtown, I went through some pretty scary areas, made me scared for my life, lol. Not as bad as overtown though, but still..any places current students can recommend to live?? thanks!

10. cdpiano27

cdpiano27 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, US1 in Riviera Beach, and the North part of West Palm Beach is not a good area. However it was much, much worse in the 1980s early 1990s. They have cleaned the area up some. I used to go past that area for 6 years every day on the way to school in middle / high school. (1993-1999, because my middle high schools were located in Manognia Park / downtown WPB.
    So I know all the streets in that area inside out.

Yes, and 40-90th streets near I-95 in Miami are quite bad, and probably worse.

11. amitrani

2+ Year Member

I just got an acceptance letter from them and I plan on attending there. Probably going down there sometime over the summer to check out apartments since I am coming down from Tampa. Was anybody here at the interview on Feb. 23rd?