NOVA who got intervied after Feb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datdat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone got any news from NOVA?

I'm sure that NOVA is in ther final step for selecting students for the other half and wondering how long we should wait...

Members don't see this ad.

does "NOVA" stand for something? Why do ppl capitalize all the letters

I expect the third round of acceptances to start at earliest tomorrow. The second round people had unt today to send in their deposits

Members don't see this ad :)
I expect the third round of acceptances to start at earliest tomorrow. The second round people had unt today to send in their deposits

I hope to get the phone call from Dr. Lippman tomorrow. GL!!:thumbup:

I believe we should start getting phone calls after the 24th. I checked predents of last year and saw some acceptance on the 24th.
The wait is killing me

Declined my offer last week. Good luck to all of those who are waiting to hear!!! :)

Are you sure about this? Where did you get this info startrak?...I hope you are right and they will start calling tmrw...I am seriously going to have a heart attack waiting. I carried my phone around with me all day at work jumping up to every call .... ahhh..:scared:. I am between heavan and hell right now...Hope Dr.Lippman calls me tmrw.

Lets keep this thread going to see when the first acceptances go out to the third rounders.....

Are you sure about this? Where did you get this info startrak?...I hope you are right and they will start calling tmrw...I am seriously going to have a heart attack waiting. I carried my phone around with me all day at work jumping up to every call .... ahhh..:scared:. I am between heavan and hell right now...Hope Dr.Lippman calls me tmrw.

Lets keep this thread going to see when the first acceptances go out to the third rounders.....

Hey guys, there are 20 spots left at Nova Southeastern University and they are filling them all up this Wednesday. I think they are only selecting 20 from everyone who interviewed since January 14th. So you can expect calls either Thursday or Friday. Good luck everyone!!!

Information I heard from Dr. Lippman's own mouth during our interview day. Also, in an email exchange I had with Dr. Lipmann he said we would have to wait until after 2/15 so that they could count the amount of second round deposits they get back, then go to their list of accepted students that do not yet have a spot in the class. I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the waiting list or how many people are on it.

Depending on when you interviewed, you can call or email them and they will let you know your status. So that's how I got the info.

To those who have interviewed the past 2 weeks, did they tell you how many seats they expected to be open at this point in time? Or any information about the waitlist?

Declined my offer last week. Good luck to all of those who are waiting to hear!!! :)

Were you formally accepted for the second round? Or were you told you were accepted but you had to wait till February 15th to get your letter?

Hey guys, there are 20 spots left at Nova Southeastern University and they are filling them all up this Wednesday. I think they are only selecting 20 from everyone who interviewed since January 14th. So you can expect calls either Thursday or Friday. Good luck everyone!!!

Thanks for the update Ryn. Were you accepted in an earlier round? or how did you get this info?

I interviewed on January 14th and that was the earliest date that I know of which was not taken into consideration for second round acceptances (I believe it was deliberated on January 15th). Afterward, I called on Feb 1st and Dr.Lippman stated my status over the telephone but said that no official letter could be sent until they got all the deposits back on February 15th. Since it is finally February 15th, I decided to call in and see what's going on. Su-ann Zarrett then told me that there are 20 spots left and they are meeting on Wednesday to fill up those spots. She also stated that we should expect calls on Thursday and Friday.

Because of this, I am assuming that they are filling up the 20 spots with people who had interviewed since January 14th.

Thanks for the update Ryn. Were you accepted in an earlier round? or how did you get this info?

Members don't see this ad :)
so it looks like we are going to get some news from Dr. Lippman if we were selected....
if you don't get it by this week that means you're out uh?

so it looks like we are going to get some news from Dr. Lippman if we were selected....
if you don't get it by this week that means you're out uh?

Not necessarily. Nova keeps their waitlist until orientation. You have to remember that there are people that hold multiple deposits and come May 1st they will not be able to drag it out further. In addition, There are ppl who only hold one spot, but then are accepted off a waitlist to another shcool they would rather attend, thus giving up their previous spot. While there won't be a huge amount of movment due to this, there will be some. In addition, the 20 spots or so that are about to be given out will not be accepted by every applicant. Some have likely been accepted to other programs between rounds.. Good Luck :thumbup:

Because of this, I am assuming that they are filling up the 20 spots with people who had interviewed since January 14th.

Wrong. They are not just accepting people who have interviewed since January 14th. No need to post your assumptions.

then on't have to be disappointed when you don't get the call from the Dr.L

but surely he's going to call us from this week for those accepted right?

then on't have to be disappointed when you don't get the call from the Dr.L

but surely he's going to call us from this week for those accepted right?

Correct.

yes, I just got a call from NOVA. They have a spot for me !!!:D

hope you guys all good luck!!

Yay, I just got a call from Dr. Lipman to offer me a spot. I just got accepted!
Good luck to all that are still waiting..:thumbup:

I just got a call too. Finally! What a relieve! Time to party

hope you guys all good luck!!

Last edited:
Congrats.
Just wondering when did you guys interview? (dmitriyivanov and Screem1898)

Gahhhh! Dr. Lippman called and left a voicemail to call him back. The one day I don't obsessively check my phone!! Does this mean I'm in? I have to wait until morning to find out because it's too late now! :eek:

Gahhhh! Dr. Lippman called and left a voicemail to call him back. The one day I don't obsessively check my phone!! Does this mean I'm in? I have to wait until morning to find out because it's too late now! :eek:

I would send him an email tonight and also call tomorrow. But you are most likely accepted

Orientation starts July 27th and classes begin August 2nd.

oh orientation is more than one day? that means i need to join the school from july 27th?

i'm planning to graduate in this summer which is august 7th... what a nice schedule

i still haven't got a response yet? i thought thurs or fri were all the calls/decisions? is anyone else still waiting ??

i still haven't got a response yet? i thought thurs or fri were all the calls/decisions? is anyone else still waiting ??

I still haven't heard from them yet... (interviewed second week of Feb)
Im not sure if they already filled their spots or they are still filling it.
Does anyone know?
This weekend will be one of the longest weekend...

there were about 20 spots left according to the admissions. and they made their calls yes and today. So, now u gotta wait if these people will accept the offer or not.:hungover:

there were about 20 spots left according to the admissions. and they made their calls yes and today. So, now u gotta wait if these people will accept the offer or not.:hungover:
how sure of this are you?.... I know they began the process of selection on wednesday, and called some people on thursday. but it didnt seem like anyone received any calls yesterday-friday. There were no posts on SDN.
I dont know If they callled all offers on thursday or not but Im thinking they might continue offers for the remaining spots on monday....unless you have heard something otherwise Polarmolardmd... when did you speak with the admissions?and who did you speak with?... I called yesterday and the lady said they still have not received the status on February interviewees, and that they will be available early next week.. which probably means that they havent completed the selection yet. Maybe its wishfull thinking on my behalf....what do you think?

Does this mean the waitlist is pretty much done with?

I thought they typically see a lot of movement through to April...:(

Anyone on the "accepted but no spot for you" list at this point??