NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Claymore

Yankees Suck
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received word that I was invited to interview at Nova. Aside from doing the normal preparations (interviewfeedback.com is an excellent resource) I came across some numbers posted on the US News and World Report site. They state for the most recent year of data collection (1999-2000) there were 371 interviews given at this school, and 301 people were ultimately accepted. My question is: are these numbers accurate? It seems like you have a very good (80% chance) of being accepted if you receive an interview. If so, great! Is this typical of most schools? If anyone has any additional feedback about their experience at Nova, please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, those numbers are fairly accurate. But they also include people who are placed on the waiting list, and then eventually accepted later in the year.
Nova's accaptance is 80% of those interviewed, but there are also schools who only accept like 20% of those interviewed.

premeddeac-

When are you going down? I also got invited to interview on 10.01.

-A

Members don't see this ad :)
Amra-
I haven't decided when I'll be going down there yet. Still waiting to receive the packet in the mail they said they'd send. I'm guessing I'll fly down Sunday morning and stay until Monday night, but I won't know for sure until I look at plane ticket prices.

Keep me posted please.. I'll post my plans as soon as they are finalized. I'm torn on flying or driving down. I have alot of family in the area, so I am thinking of spending 05.-1.0 week there (which is why I am thinking of driving). Then again, prices were pretty cheap list time I checked ($130-200 range). I am coming from northeastern pennsylvania...

-A

Hey all,

That's great that you folks have interviews...I'm also heading down there soon. ;)

Hey Amra, where did you find plane tickets in the 130-200 dollar range? Sounds like a really good deal! :)

I have an interview at Des Moines, and am planning on flying there from Cleveland. Then after Des Moines to New York City. A couple of days before the World Trade Center disaster, I was able to find tickets for less than 300. But now, at the same sites I am unable to find them for that much. Now they are over 600!! :( Is anyone else having problems with that?

Thanks all, take care.

Eric-

Same thing over here my friend... Everything changed a minimum of +$100... ho hum.. I think I am going to drive down anyway.. With a probable US response within the next 2 weeks, I am concerned that the flight schedules will be screwed up again (cancelations and delays). Besides, I want to check out the area as much as I can.. and that would be hard to do without a car (or truck in my case)...

-A

Amra-
I was able to get a pretty cheap plane ticket, $123. Check out orbitz.com. Anyway I will fly down there the day before the interview and stay for 2 days, so in case my flight is delayed or something I will have a chance to make a later flight. Hopefully it will work out.

Thanks for the tip!!! $125 out of Philadelphia! I'm flying!

premeddeac: when are you interviewing there? I'm flying in on Fri/Sat and staying until Tuesday... let me know if we can bump into each other...

-A

Amra-
I get into FLL around 11:00am Sunday, Sept 30. My return flight leaves FLL at 3:30pm on Monday. Send me an email if you want to meet [email protected].

YESS!!!

i got an interview!!! on Oct 12th!!! woohooo!!!! anyone been through one yet? how did it go? was it rough? what did you do? feed back would greatly be appreciated!!!

Hi Everyone,

Congrats on all your invitations to interview at NOVA. I am currently an M1 at NSUCOM, so feel free to ask me any questions you have about the school, surrounding area, or anything else prior to your interview.

Seth Politano
[email protected]

Congrats HalalJello - a couple of us are going next Monday (9/24), so we'll let you know how it goes when we get back. :) Again, congrats!

Also, check out interviewfeedback.com, it had some good questions and advice on it. :D

PCG-

Please keep us posted on how it goes!! And even more importantly, GOOD LUCK ;) !