NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biggezz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I interviewed at Nova last week and it is my first choice. Do you guys have any numbers about how many people they interview and accept? I know they have a class size of 95 students but I am sure they accept more because some people might decline. Are any of you guys planning on going there? Thanks,
Ezat

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interview!! I don't know exactly how many they interview/ accept, but my ASDA handbook says that the class size is 80 and the ratio of applicants to those accepted is 12/1. And I'm not sure how many they accept over that number in the hopes that some decline, but they will definitely accept more as people do decline. Nova and UCSF are my fisrt choices too, but I don't apply until this summer. If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview? campus? facilities? I have yet to visit Nova.
Well anyway, best of luck!!!

NOVA has a large turnover, They interview hundreds. They usually respond with in two weeks. If they place you on the waiting list, Sue Ann Zarrett is the the lady you need to get in touch with. NOVA is do to receive their accreditation in January. I think they just graduated their first class last year. The school does not have a good reputation in Florida within the dental community. They have great facilities, but very few full time staff, and no research dollars!!! But I also heard that they are doing well on Pt 1 of the boards. Find out how they do on part II of the boards.