Nova's liberal arts letter of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent4004

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I tried doing a search for this but couldn't really find an answer. Does anyone know if Nova's liberal arts letter of rec is strictly enforced? I plan on calling them Monday (they didn't answer the phone on Friday), but I wanted to see if anyone else knew something.

I haven't had a non-science class in a while, so it will be very difficult for me to get one.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They said they would be flexible on this issue in my case, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be flexible for you and your situation.

I don't know what the requirements are this year, but I still haven't sent them a liberal arts letter of rec...... and I will be starting in August..... so I guess they changed it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for answering you guys!

thebozz, did you call Nova and specifically ask them this? If so, who did you talk to?

I don't know what the requirements are this year, but I still haven't sent them a liberal arts letter of rec...... and I will be starting in August..... so I guess they changed it.

Well it was a requirement last year. Apparently they do make exceptions, as seen in the previous posts and your case.

I would hope they do make exceptions, or your going to have some fun tracking down a non-science professor this summer. :)

Yes, I hope so too! I'm definitely going to call on Monday.

I sent a general e-mail to their admissions folks.

Well it was a requirement last year. Apparently they do make exceptions, as seen in the previous posts and your case.

I would hope they do make exceptions, or your going to have some fun tracking down a non-science professor this summer. :)

To be honest I applied to so many schools last year that I didn't even notice that they "require" that letter. I never mentioned it to them and they never said anything to me about it either..... I sent 2 lab professors (because at a UC it is hard for a professor to get to know you in a class of 400) and i sent one from a dentist I shadowed. But if i had realized it I would have hunted down a professor.

kinda out of topic here, but I called nova few months ago if general psych qualifies as liberal art letter. they said 'yes'.

kinda out of topic here, but I called nova few months ago if general psych qualifies as liberal art letter. they said 'yes'.

Oh man I've called them twice about this...they aren't answering the phone. Looks like they'll have a lot of these questions :p

I have a cultural anthropology professor who is willing to write one so it should be okay I think.

Last edited: