Novel way to measure blood pressure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zut212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would think that if we prick a human finger, or any other vascularized portion of the body, that the flow rate is a proxy of the blood pressure.

Is this a novel way to determine blood pressure?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't follow your logic. How can you measure the pressure of something physiological if it is no longer physiologically pressurized?

Also, if what you're saying can actually be quantified, why use an invasive procedure unnecessarily? Wouldn't this be analogous to some form of "blood- letting"

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, it may be difficult to measure the flow rate that precisely. And I don't even know how systolic/diastolic pressures would compare to the pressure you found using the method. But perhaps it would be possible, yes.

Also, it may be difficult to measure the flow rate that precisely. And I don't even know how systolic/diastolic pressures would compare to the pressure you found using the method. But perhaps it would be possible, yes.

Thanks Evergrey. My method was not novel, to say the least, but in fact, it was more complicated and invasive than the typical way to take blood pressure.