NOVEMBER NAPLEX exp.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PKK

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
how is your November NAPLEX? any heads up what to expect other than the changes posted by the NABP?
your feed back is highly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone take nov. 2016 Naplex ? pls do share with us . Bless you !
I took the new version on Nov 1st. The topics are random and there is "only one 10 minutes break". Do you believe that? They increase the number of questions from 185 to 250, but they don't give more break. Just like the old version, when you get to your 100th question, it will ask if you want to take a 10' break. After that, no more break.

Topics are random. They can be asked with cases or by themselves alone. Nothing is surprised to me compared to my last Naplex. Most of questions attached to cases. There are many compounding questions that I didn't know. I don't think the Rxprep compounding chapters are sufficient. Also, review your pharmaceutic topics. Make sure you know drug monitoring topic in rxprep very well. Also, when you pick your answers, pay attention to C/I, allergies, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Update: Just found out I passed the new version of Naplex with a score over 100.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Just found out I passed the new version of Naplex with a score over 100.
Congrats! Did you get a lot of oncology, HIV, or ID questions? Or was it evenly distributed? Any more advice on what to focus on for the new version?

I took the new version on Nov 1st. The topics are random and there is "only one 10 minutes break". Do you believe that? They increase the number of questions from 185 to 250, but they don't give more break. Just like the old version, when you get to your 100th question, it will ask if you want to take a 10' break. After that, no more break.

Topics are random. They can be asked with cases or by themselves alone. Nothing is surprised to me compared to my last Naplex. Most of questions attached to cases. There are many compounding questions that I didn't know. I don't think the Rxprep compounding chapters are sufficient. Also, review your pharmaceutic topics. Make sure you know drug monitoring topic in rxprep very well. Also, when you pick your answers, pay attention to C/I, allergies, etc.
thanks for your feed back. good luck with the rest :)

I've also taken the new NAPLEX. As mentioned in the previous comments, the questions are very similar to the previous NAPLEX just more questions. I PASSED with a triple digit score. I used PassNaplexNow (PNN) course book and RXprep. The PNN course book has a great compounding section compare to RXprep. It is also much shorter than RXprep. But both resources will help you pass. Good luck!

I've also taken the new NAPLEX. As mentioned in the previous comments, the questions are very similar to the previous NAPLEX just more questions. I PASSED with a triple digit score. I used PassNaplexNow (PNN) course book and RXprep. The PNN course book has a great compounding section compare to RXprep. It is also much shorter than RXprep. But both resources will help you pass. Good luck!
I recently purchased PNN materials after failing my first attempt with RXPrep. As far as your experience goes, did you feel more prepared coming out of the new exam having used PNN?

Lol...Ad alert

I recently purchased PNN materials after failing my first attempt with RXPrep. As far as your experience goes, did you feel more prepared coming out of the new exam having used PNN?
Yes, I felt prepared going into the exam, but that's only because I used both resources; Rx Prep and PNN. My study partner and I made it a point to fill-in the gaps of PNN using Rx Prep. We mainly focused on material found in PNN. We also studied strategically; we only covered major topics like ID, HTN, DM, HLD, Cardio, Anticoag, Asthma, Immunization, HIV, Chemo, Calculations and compounding. We covered those topic over and over again because we knew that most of the questions we focus on those areas. As far as the other topics, we only reviewed the medications -brand/generic, major ADRs, drug interactions and formulation. We didn't aim to know everything, just enough to pass and be a competent pharmacist. I highly recommend finding a study partner!

Can anyone give me some info about the calculations in new Naplex. Biostat, Crcl, oncology dosage ? ?? pls do help.Bless you !

Can anyone give me some info about the calculations in new Naplex. Biostat, Crcl, oncology dosage ? ?? pls do help.Bless you !
I am also interested in the calculations for the new naplex. I saw a post that someone said that calculations in the passnaplexnow or rxprep are not good enough. Any pointers?

It's no "ad alert". Just giving some advice. Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find the right resource to help you study. As I mentioned before, this is what worked for me.

how is your November NAPLEX? any heads up what to expect other than the changes posted by the NABP?
your feed back is highly appreciated
Hey I just took the new naplex on Nov182016. This was my second time taking it after I failed my last attempt. I thought it was pretty similar to the last one I took but more question on different topic. This time when I studied from RXprep,

1) I made index card on bolder stuff I needed to know from rx prep
2) used 120 snd floating around
3) top 300 with brand and generic

First time I failed with 62. This time I passed with 95. If you are using rxprep, try know all topic
If you have any question let me know

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats Rx123Rx

What is your advice on studying for compounding or biostat. I have gotten a few advice, but wanted to know from your experience.

I am prolly gonna take the exam in a week or so, so does anyone have any advice on what to do the last week...any advice would be appreciated...

The first time I took the exam I scored 69. I retook the exam 2 weeks ago and scored 100. I used RxPrep the first time around and this time, I used both RxPrep and PNN. Compounding, Math, and Stats are major topics on the exam, so I highly recommend that you KNOW those topics well. You may still get some off the wall compounding questions, but most will be easy if you know the material. Review major side effects and monitoring parameters for major drugs if you can. Also review Antidotes and pharmaceutical references. Study hard and you'll pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulation to all those that just passed the NAPLEX. I am just starting to study and would like to purchase the 2016 RXprep book. Please pm me with your asking price and if you are in southern CA, i can pick it up from you. Thanks!