1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

NOW I get my first interview invite

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vixen, Oct 21, 2002.

1. vixen

vixen I like members

go figure :rolleyes: at U of Pitt....should I go? Should I keep my options open? Now Im confused :( I almost threw the mail out...I didnt even retake my dat...it must be a mistake....should I confirm it and go anyways, just check it out and keep my options open? HELP?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i would say go for it, unless u have lost all ur passion for dentistry. congrats on ur interview!
    :clap:

~Qoo

4. slave4MD

slave4MD Member

No. It wasn't a mistake. You worked hard for it, son.

Go for it please. Pitt is very easy to get into. You have to be a total tool to get rejected there.

Did I mention their average DAT is about 16?

5. groundhog

groundhog 1K Member

I'd say you can now have your cake and eat it too. Your old DAT scores were decent and you got busy improving your other stats rather than just gathering moss. Show up for the interview, show them the real you, and let fate decide your future. You can hold your head high no matter what the outcome. You go Girl

6. vixen

vixen I like members

thanks qoo and groundhog! I think i'll go and be all relaxed and keep my options open...who knows i might still get rejected and then no worries :p

slave4md, you're a tool

7. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Congrats. You deserve it. I don't want to tell you what to do but it is a great opportunity.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

DesiDentist

8. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member

You should definately go for the interview, you have put in a lot of effort to get this far. Don't give up hope for dentistry, it seems as though thats still what you really want to do :)

9. 2badr

2badr **Switch**

I think that is so awesome vixen! You should go on the interview.Minus the money for the trip itself you won't lose anything by going.Obviously you are considering it so there must be some curiosity on your part.You wisely kept your options open.Now you can make an informed decision after your interview to see if this is what you want to really do.If teaching is your heart's desire then wonderful.:) If dentistry still has a tug on you,you might be wondering what could have been.You are in a win-win situation.You are between two wonderful professions!!
    Whatever you decide we wish you well.Let us know what you decide.
    Good Luck and congrats on that interview invite!!
    ( It really matters that you enjoy what you do and can make money too;) )

10. ddsforme

ddsforme Junior Member

Why didn't you retake the DAT? Obviously you have been doing something right, otherwise you wouldn't have been offered the interview. I hope you get in, if you interview this early in the game you are practically accepted, especially at Pitt. We all know they are not Harvard.

11. vixen

vixen I like members

Thanks ddsforme AKA slave4md! :clap: You truly have valuable insight into this whole dental school/med school application thing...I wish you the best of luck in finishing up high school! :clap:

12. slave4MD

slave4MD Member

Ahem. We're not the same person.

If you don't want to accept one's opinion, then just ignore it. No one is forcing you to listen to them. Don't start posting rude comments, honey.

13. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    Slave,

I find your attitude towards women to be degrading and disgusting. Of course, this is just an opinion, and you are already well aware that you don't have to listen to it. How's woodshop treating you these days? Go on any cool field-trips lately?

14. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: