Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Now I know why I got Stanford's secondary...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lll505, Oct 29, 2002.

1. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I couldn't figure it out at first with my not so great stats.. but then I opened up the SF Chronicle today and realized why-

"PARTIAL FREEZE ON HIRING AT STANFORD"
    "Stanford said it was imposing the cutbacks because of increasing costs plus a decline in the university's endowment, donations and federal research funding."

Guess they'll just take my check and run, that is, if I ever finish the secondary;)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hehe, pretty sneaky of them. but in all seriousness, congrats on getting a secondary from them! i'm an august mcat-er still waiting to hear a peep...:mad:

4. conure

conure Master Distiller
    7+ Year Member

I'm also an august MCATer waiting (was) to hear from them. I emailed an admissions counselor (as per another thread) and she promptly got back to me telling me I hadn't been selected to submit a secondary.

Guess they didn't even want my fee and they certainly didn't want to waste a stamp on me:p .

I emailed Patricia Sanchez and her info is on the stanford web site under contact info.

good luck.

5. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

hey conure,
    i emailed her yesterday, and she never got back to me. hmm.... she probably receieved loads of e-mails yesterday after that post on sdn ;)

oops, nevermind. i got rejected too. :laugh:

6. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

why those dirty little...

those diabolical [email protected]@rds...

i can't believe it

we should have known something was up when so many of us got our rejections so quickly...they probably didn't even look at my secondary, just tossed it into the garbage and laughed all the way to the bank...

7. DrBravesgirl

DrBravesgirl Surgeon for a year
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    add me to the stanford rejection pile. damn you stanford. damn you to hell!!:(