$$Now that I'm accepted, how to pay$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vietcongs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
~$40,000/yr of tuition + other expenses...I just would like to know how others are going about paying for medical school? I have considered National Health Service Corps or Indian Health..but I missed the deadline for NHSC. I have absolutely no money! And my parents have absolutely no money! Is anyone taking out the total cost in loans? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Your only bet know is to go for the entire loan. Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the scholarships out there are well over due. That is, the Armed Forces HPSP, NHSC, Indian Health (which you have to be a Native American, by the way).

You can try and apply for the HPSP - Call your local recruiter for the Navy, Army, Airforce.

Anyway, loans are not too bad.... You'll eventually pay it back. Besides this seems to be your only way of paying now....

Does anyone else have a suggestion for "vietcongs"?

Yes I am paying for everything in loans. There would be no other way of me paying for school. I anticipate being in $120K of debt or MORE when I graduate. Paying it back with all the interest means that I will probably be paying back $200-300K.

Oh well :rolleyes:

Billie

Don't worry...virtually EVERYONE finances the bulk of their education with loans. Your schools' financial aid office will arrange everything.