Now that the semester is over..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lovemybabies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel so antsy with nothing to do! Feel like I should be studying or writing a paper or something! I have to take next semester off because we're moving.. maybe I'll just read the rest of my Chemistry book or something. :laugh: Anyone else feel this way? any suggestions? I love to draw, and I love to make tutus and hairbows for my daughter.. so maybe I'll occupy my time with that :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I feel so antsy with nothing to do! Feel like I should be studying or writing a paper or something! I have to take next semester off because we're moving.. maybe I'll just read the rest of my Chemistry book or something. :laugh: Anyone else feel this way? any suggestions? I love to draw, and I love to make tutus and hairbows for my daughter.. so maybe I'll occupy my time with that :love:

You're taking the entire semester off? Not even 1 or 2 classes? Are you not applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could take 1 or 2 classes.. but we're moving out of state mid semester. Online classes are filled up already. Had I known earlier we would be moving then I would have signed up for online classes, but oh well. Im just a freshman.. so I won't be applying for ahwile :) I figure I'll just get a head start on some of the classes I plan on taking by reading the textbook. No classes means more time to find some volunteer work and things like that. So it won't be a total waste. If anything I'll just take one or two classes over the summer before fall semester.

I wish I could take 1 or 2 classes.. but we're moving out of state mid semester. Online classes are filled up already. Had I known earlier we would be moving then I would have signed up for online classes, but oh well. Im just a freshman.. so I won't be applying for ahwile :) I figure I'll just get a head start on some of the classes I plan on taking by reading the textbook. No classes means more time to find some volunteer work and things like that. So it won't be a total waste. If anything I'll just take one or two classes over the summer before fall semester.

if i were you, id take a FULL course load during the summer and spend the time you are taking off this semester doing whatever it is youd be doing in the summer (working, volunteering, etc)

shadowings a good idea...we all need to find out if we really want to be docs ;)

I got the impression summer courses were accelerated and tended to skip over alot of things. I don't want that...

I got the impression summer courses were accelerated and tended to skip over alot of things. I don't want that...

I have had that same fear, for I don't want to miss out on things that I'll need for a higher level course. However I'm not too sure if this is the case. Can somebody clear this up?

Why don't you go and hang out with friends go to parties, go to clubs/bars. I only do work when I am at school.

they are certainly accelerated, but this can be to your advantage if you enjoy this type of learning (i do!), but you should try and develop self-discipline when it comes to education anyway. thats the only way i think anyone can survive in graduate schools of all kinds

its probably better to take summer courses than to have a near 1 year gap in your educational history

maybe you could try a moderate amount of courses as opposed to a full blown 15 hour summer program (thatd probly be overkill!)

Why don't you go and hang out with friends go to parties, go to clubs/bars. I only do work when I am at school.

Haha.. well you will be real successful in life then. Not that you can't have fun and be successful, but your post reeks of immaturity. I actually have responsibilites.. aka. 2 very young children. My work never ends.

Last edited:
they are certainly accelerated, but this can be to your advantage if you enjoy this type of learning (i do!), but you should try and develop self-discipline when it comes to education anyway. thats the only way i think anyone can survive in graduate schools of all kinds

its probably better to take summer courses than to have a near 1 year gap in your educational history

maybe you could try a moderate amount of courses as opposed to a full blown 15 hour summer program (thatd probly be overkill!)

Well if I can study the summer courses I'd be taking.. it'd be fairly easy because I would have had months to prepare.. so I may do that.. Take Bio I, Chem II, and English II over the summer. That way I'd be semi caught up by fall.