Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

now to address a low VR in an interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mosdef, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mosdef

mosdef Member
    5+ Year Member

Since I received a really low verbal reasoning score on the MCAT (6) I was wondering whether anyone had any feedback on how to answer a question regarding why I performed so poorly on this section. I have already received three interviews and my first one is in a week. My GPA was a 3.98 on the AMCAS application and I graduated from UCLA. I think I have all the right extracurriculars, but I feel this one question will reallly hold me back. As a result, could someone please explain how they dealt with answering their poor performance on this section of the MCAT. And English is not my second language. However I did grow up in a predominantly Gujarati speaking household.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Don't stess about it. I had a similar score, and was never asked about it during my interview (I did have much much higher on my sciences). You are obviously welll qualified so don't trip about it. Go in there with confidence.

4. i'm sure the interviewer won't hold it against you if you're just honest. maybe you were scoring high on practice exams and this was a fluke? if you just prove to them that your verbal reasoning abilities are good, then they will definitely understand.