Now, When, and HOW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting in for the april mcat... I dunno how my scores are gonna be though. If im not satisfied with my april mcat scores and decide to take them in august, what should i do regarding the AACOMAS/AAMCAS applications? primaries, secondaries? and all that junk? Any feedback from you guys will help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do not trash your April MCAT score unless you feel that you did VERY poorly.

It will show on your record that you voided your scores. That may not look so great.

If you take the August MCAT, your application will be delayed.

Hope this helps...

PS: One of the reasons I took the time to read your post is because I misunderstood your username...I thought it said "hellojello". Hahaha...that would be a great name...hellojello...I crack myself up...

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)

If you decide to take the August test, your applications should have a spot for you to indicate that. That alerts the school not to consider your app until the scores come in. If you are taking that test, be sure to have all of your apps, recommendations and transcripts in early to the schools you want to apply to. Then your app can be considered as soon as the scores come in. Also, I know lots of people who were admitted after taking the August test, so it can be done. Good luck!

i'm also planning to apply as early as possible, and i am also uncertain if i should check off the box indicating if i will plan to take the august mcat. if my scores do not come out as expected, is there any way that i could contact and inform them that i would like to take the august mcat? or is it best to wait until receiving my april mcat scores so that i wouldn't have to deal with the mess?