Now when you say 'new' LOR...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does that mean that if I am a reapplicant that I need to get a new letter from ALL different people, or does that mean that my recommendors from last year can tweak the letters, add new stuff, and re-submit them to schools? I really don't relish the thought of having to find four 'new' people to harrass! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

You can have the people who wrote you previously tweek their letters. If you know of someone that is willing to write you a new letter, it won't hurt either. When I reapplied, I had the same writers tweek the original letters.

mj1878 said:
Does that mean that if I am a reapplicant that I need to get a new letter from ALL different people, or does that mean that my recommendors from last year can tweak the letters, add new stuff, and re-submit them to schools? I really don't relish the thought of having to find four 'new' people to harrass! :eek:
Just to clarify...not every letter needs to be new. Don't forget about some of the mandatory science ones. If you had Ochem lets say 3yrs ago and thats how old the letter is and it is a good one...then you see it is not necessary for a new one. :)

If things have happened since then with that Ochem professor...well then of course. I would be willing to bet that is not the case for the majority of applicants. For many of us we did the class and that was that. As I have said before it is not like everyone can be a TA or buddies with professors.