Nozomi is Hope in Japanese

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy for everyone who received acceptances this round. :-D

But for some people (including me) I have some words of encouragement.

My friend who interviewed at UCSF said that the school releases 50% of their interview invitations before December 1st and 50% after.

For USC, they told her they release 33% (one third, if you want to be picky) before December 1st and 66% after.

I have read somewhere that UNLV sends 50% before December 1st and 50% after.

I know that there are schools that send out the majority of their invites before December 1st, but there are schools that reserve some invites for the second round too.

I hope that this cheered some of you up... and don't lose your nozomi everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

i like people like you....positive and uplifting! I also like ducks!:D
Best of luck to ya!

Members don't see this ad :)
The game has just started and there's quite a bit of time left in the application process. If you happen to be one of the lucky few who have gotten acceptances, congratulations. But, if you haven't yet received one, don't lose hope. There are still plenty of seats available. Many schools have yet to fill their entire class. I didn't even begin interviewing until the end of January/February, and even then, I got accepted somewhere. Keep your head up and your hopes high. All of your hard work will pay off in the end. :luck:

I know that there are schools that send out the majority of their invites before December 1st, but there are schools that reserve some invites for the second round too.

*cough* marquette and case western sends 99.999% of their interview invites prior to Dec 1st. I hate it when they do this. So unfair.

*cough* marquette and case western sends 99.999% of their interview invites prior to Dec 1st. I hate it when they do this. So unfair.

Yeah... I know what you mean. But, we can't win them all.

Thanks!!
Those are 3 schools I haven't heard anything from yet, so that's encouraging!

Thanks!!
Those are 3 schools I haven't heard anything from yet, so that's encouraging!

No prob... and I haven't heard from them either. So that's good for both of us!

I do say let's keep up our hope, but as far as I know NOZOMI doesn't mean hope, it means desire! KIBOU means hope. Just a quick Japanese lesson for you!

I do say let's keep up our hope, but as far as I know NOZOMI doesn't mean hope, it means desire! KIBOU means hope. Just a quick Japanese lesson for you!

In the defense of Quackdentist.... desire can lead to hope :)
I'm Asian and Japanese souds like 'em noises when you're chopping vegetables...
As for now...why don't we call it "hope" for hope.

:eek: Hahaha.

I guess Quackdentist isn't Japanese.

no she is not. she is one of the exotic asians. not the boring kind like the kind of asian i am.

quack, thank you for hopeful words.

:eek: Hahaha.

I guess Quackdentist isn't Japanese.

Duck Soup??? :( I don't eat duck... I consider it a form of cannibalism.

And, no, I'm not Japanese... But my friend calls his girlfriend "Nozomi" and he told me it meant hope. Now that I know it means "desire" it kind of makes me wonder. hehe.

no she is not. she is one of the exotic asians. not the boring kind like the kind of asian i am.

quack, thank you for hopeful words.

What kind of Asian are you? I'm Filpino... I don't really think it's exotic, but if other people consider it exotic, I find nothing wrong with that. :p

Duck Soup??? :( I don't eat duck... I consider it a form of cannibalism.

just add a bit of salt and pepper...and duck soup tasts just like campbell's chicken noodles. :smuggrin:
try roasted ducks, ducks tossed in ginger sauce and bbq ducks. :idea:

I don't eat little ducks because they're cute...but I eat them when they get bigger becuase what's when they get ugly and annoying.:thumbup:

I don't eat little ducks because they're cute...but I eat them when they get bigger becuase what's when they get ugly and annoying.:thumbup:

i'm bigger than most adult ducks... they only grow to be like half a foot tall. :p