NPR's Story On Pharmacist Surplus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a
crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you
suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring
my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my
money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely
that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't
be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning
asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation
accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty
hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in
earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy
and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense
to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case
you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were
to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's
as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,
I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to
believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K
hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then
we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.
Classic "pump and dump."
I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of
lease, let me know.

1) Goodness, no need to be so blunt. LOL. I never say Mark should only date golddiggers. I simply said he can do better than that...which is a compliment for him. No need to take offense at a compliment. Will you get mad if someone told you you could do better? NO, it's a compliment not an insult.

2)I never say anything about myself on this forum, so not sure where you got that I made comments about myself. I never did.

3) I have dated a lot of successful men, but nothing really serious. I never looked for anything super serious in the past. Most recently I started studying at Emory library and I got asked out by a medical student at Emory. I am semi dating him at the moment...but other than that nothing really interesting. Hell I wish I can randomly land a billionaire! I think WE ALL DO! hahahaha WE ALL have to admit this and this was the ONLY point I was making:

THAT chick got LUCKY to land a guy that is worth 16 billion dollars so randomly. That's even luckier than winning the lottery. Especially with her looks, that's really damn lucky of her to land a guy like that. That was all that I was saying. I mean for godsakes your chances of winning the LOTTERY TEN TIMES IN A ROW is higher than the chances of a girl that look like that to land a billiionaire!

Kinda like how someone just recently won the $650 MILLION dollar jackpot...that's PURE LUCK.

But that chick got luckier and landed 16 BILLION dollars. That's all I mean to say. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Never heard dating or marrying for money explained in that way and that's so true that a beautiful woman would be a depreciating item over time.

That's an old post from Craigs list I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's an old post from Craigs list I believe.

Oh ok. I don't get the obsession with money as God can give it to you as quickly as he takes it away. 16 billion is way too much and the wealthier you are the harder it is to find people who are honest and have a genuinely good heart

Oh ok. I don't get the obsession with money as God can give it to you as quickly as he takes it away. 16 billion is way too much and the wealthier you are the harder it is to find people who are honest and have a genuinely good heart

Well, money obvious attract gold diggers, which is why so many rich guys go with girls that came before the money, or just get a prenup. The other option is just stop short of legally married. You can do just about everything like a married couple, but without the financial liability. But I have a feeling that while many guys would love that, not many girls would be willing. ;)

I wasn't hating I was just confused as to how 16 billion dollars could only buy that...If he was dating a supermodel than I would be like okay cool.

That's why I always use this on my Louboutins....;)

51qrE7Hy%2BaL._SY395_.jpg

Do you work while you are in school? I have some pretty expensive pieces, but not $600 pair of shoes (albeit I'm a guy). I just can't imagine spending that much money on something I would only wear a few times a year... I'm guessing you must already have a Louie V. :rolleyes:

back to the topic of this thread.......i had my buddy who just graduated from law school 3 years ago and he said the same thing happened to law 10 years ago...1 to 6 schools in Tennessee! WTF!!! face it unless something happens to increase the demand for RPh's we are doomed in the next few years. my advice is pay off those loans while you can!

Do you work while you are in school? I have some pretty expensive pieces, but not $600 pair of shoes (albeit I'm a guy). I just can't imagine spending that much money on something I would only wear a few times a year... I'm guessing you must already have a Louie V. :rolleyes:

I probably spent just as much as SHC on stuff during school, except my expenses were $800-$1200 plane tickets.

Granted, you can't substitute riding a bike to London while you can carry your stuff around in a $2 canvas grocery bag.

I worked since I was 16 or 17 yo at my parents' restaurant. I made very good money on tips there. Let's just say I made more money as a 16 yo than some people as adults! And I ONLY worked on weekends! LOL... My parents pay for my "needs" and I spent pretty much all my money that I made on shoes and handbags and clothes etc. :laugh:

I am not rich at all, but all my money earn can go to whatever I wanted b/c my parents would pay for my "needs".

I worked only during the summer time during college and pharmacy school. I didn't work during school in college or pharmacy school.

Yeah I have ~5 or 6 LV bags. :D

If I marry Mark Zuckerberg I would have 5 or 6 million instead. OH well. :rolleyes:

back to the topic of this thread.......i had my buddy who just graduated from law school 3 years ago and he said the same thing happened to law 10 years ago...1 to 6 schools in Tennessee! WTF!!! face it unless something happens to increase the demand for RPh's we are doomed in the next few years. my advice is pay off those loans while you can!

The point is be SMART.

There are JOBS out there that pay MUCH MORE than pharmacy and do NOT require you to take out any student loans at all.

If you were smart you would go into those careers instead.

The BIG picture is there are much MUCH easier and quicker ways to make big bucks than pharmacy.

The End. I think all the smart folks know this already that's why this thread is going off topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked since I was 16 or 17 yo at my parents' restaurant. I made very good money on tips there. Let's just say I made more money as a 16 yo than some people as adults! And I ONLY worked on weekends! LOL... My parents pay for my "needs" and I spent pretty much all my money that I made on shoes and handbags and clothes etc. :laugh:

I am not rich at all, but all my money earn can go to whatever I wanted b/c my parents would pay for my "needs".

I worked only during the summer time during college and pharmacy school. I didn't work during school in college or pharmacy school.

Yeah I have ~5 or 6 LV bags. :D

If I marry Mark Zuckerberg I would have 5 or 6 million instead. OH well. :rolleyes:
Haha no need to be so defensive, I just feel sorry for your future husband. Aim high :laugh:If you marry a guy like me our fun budget will have to be balanced between my love for watches / motorcycles and your love for overpriced status symbols:p seriously, girls and their bags...

Haha no need to be so defensive, I just feel sorry for your future husband. Aim high :laugh:If you marry a guy like me our fun budget will have to be balanced between my love for watches / motorcycles and your love for overpriced status symbols:p seriously, girls and their bags...

LOL...I was just joking myself! :)

I am really NOT that materialistic! I PROMISE! ;) I have no problem buying my own bags and heels! However, it would be nice to marry someone like Mark, that can buy them all for me. LOL..but that's just a plus, not needed. I can buy my own stuff...I always had and it's no big deal.

Men LOVE to buy expensive watches and golf supplies.

Women LOVE to buy expensive handbags, heels, and jewelry.

It evens out. ;)

LOL...

Nah, seriously if we are talking about living on a pharmacist's salary with kids...then there will be very little bags and watches bought....:(

Most of that money gotta go to my son's private school tuition and sports training! ;) My baby gotta have the BEST!

I am terrible b/c I don't find someone attractive? So in order for me to be a good person I must think everyone is hot? I don't get the logical here.

Oh yes, that's exactly what I meant 100% - everyone that doesn't find absolutely everyone else attractive is a reprehensible, evil person.

Oh yes, that's exactly what I meant 100% - everyone that doesn't find absolutely everyone else attractive is a reprehensible, evil person.

Well that's what you said...so if that's not what you mean than let's not say it okay? :laugh:

Well that's what you said...so if that's not what you mean than let's not say it okay? :laugh:

On an unrelated note, a man in Boise, Idaho, citing a joyless life as an unfortunate byproduct of a lifelong struggle with chronic, and oddly regional difficulty comprehending nuance, was talked down from a mid-town ledge by a well-wishing bystander. When approached for comment by local news, reporters were left baffled and partially supine by the man's suggestion that they "get bent" and, "shut the hell up."

Up next, a topical expose on the theological debate that is even now gripping the greater Boise area. "Evil: What does it sound like?"

I think Sparda and SHC should go out on a date. I'd pay for their steak dinners just to see what happens :smuggrin:

:laugh: I'd pay to watch that. Even better, I wish I could see their faces when they start their first jobs and they find out that no, they really are NOT special little snowflakes.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a
crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you
suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring
my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my
money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely
that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't
be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning
asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation
accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty
hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in
earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy
and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense
to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case
you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were
to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's
as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So,
I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to
believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K
hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then
we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.
Classic "pump and dump."
I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of
lease, let me know.
So find yourself some homely and revolting she-beast. If she gets a little better looking, you've made your fortune on that penny stock. There isn't much room for decline, so it's a safe bet. Also, if she's really horrific, no other man will want her either, so you don't have to worry about infidelity.

They met long before he had money. She completed med school and is starting residency.
It's kind of funny because most people consider marrying an MD to be "marrying up." If not for the success of facebook, she would be the major breadwinner.

Since she's in medicine, I wonder if she's on SDN? :laugh:

Men LOVE to buy expensive watches and golf supplies.
I've never really been into watches because I always thought "there's a clock right there" or "I have my cell phone for that" but over the past few months I've been kind of kicking the idea around. Maybe it's because I'm dealing with more professionals and noticing what they're wearing. Anyway, I'm sure some of the stylish professionals here have some advice/insight on the topic. What makes a good watch?

Seriously, girls and their bags...

Yep, women are not stupid, they are irrational. My good friend swear by this lol... he made out like a bandit buying Coach, Apple, and Lululemon stocks... look at stock charts... if women like it, you buy the damn stock period!

Jesus. Mark Zuckerberg is not exactly a winner himself. He's ugly and he's known for being one of the biggest douches on the planet. And I'm sure they had a pre-nup so if they divorce she gets nothing. I'd rather be poor and happy than be married to him.

And I think she's pretty. Get a grip.

I think Mark is cute! But I have always went for dorky guys lol

Oh, I agree with you, his wife has a hot body! Face-no

Yep, women are not stupid, they are irrational.

amen brother! I still don't understand my wife. Sounding geeky, but I am the Vulcan and she's the Romulan. Oh yeah, it's a constant battle between taking and yielding the battlefield, but it's wonderful being in a love-hate relationship! :biglove: Sometimes I lose on purpose just so I can win, if you know what I mean. :smuggrin:

I think Mark is cute! But I have always went for dorky guys lol

Oh, I agree with you, his wife has a hot body! Face-no

Hot body? Man, maybe I do need a new pair of glasses.

priscilla-chan-mark-zuckerberg-girlfriend.jpg

I know there is some divergence between asian and american beauty standards, but I was thinking it's not THAT far off. :eek:

LOL...

Nah, seriously if we are talking about living on a pharmacist's salary with kids...then there will be very little bags and watches bought....:(

Most of that money gotta go to my son's private school tuition and sports training! ;) My baby gotta have the BEST!

A pharmacists salary is just a good start... not to many young 20-somethings pulling in 100k working only 40 hours per week. I'm planning on saving up capital to invest in some sort of business on the side, forget about playing around with stocks.. they are more volatile and dangerous than elemental mercury.

I've never really been into watches because I always thought "there's a clock right there" or "I have my cell phone for that" but over the past few months I've been kind of kicking the idea around. Maybe it's because I'm dealing with more professionals and noticing what they're wearing. Anyway, I'm sure some of the stylish professionals here have some advice/insight on the topic. What makes a good watch?
Depends on your price point, but you want something mechanical by an actual watch company... and by that I mean the watch is not "made" by fashion company who simply slaps their name on a cheap movement with trendy design and charge you an arm and leg for something of limited quality (Sorry SHC, that goes for your gold tone Michael Kors)

Seiko and Tissot makes great mechanical watches for the price.

Nice pieces from either start at around $600
Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time
447327d1307123448-seiko-sarb-065-vs-tissot-visodate-onbook.jpg

377342d1295765224-tissot-prc-200-1-10-second-counter-problem-tissot-prc-200-pic-2.jpg

Tissot PRC 200

My Omega Speedmaster
Omega.jpg

Yep, women are not stupid, they are irrational. My good friend swear by this lol... he made out like a bandit buying Coach, Apple, and Lululemon stocks... look at stock charts... if women like it, you buy the damn stock period!

Noted. I will keep my eyes on my females friends clothing and accessories and off of their.. ahem :D, to get an idea of any trending fashions. Whichever way women go, $ follows

I know there is some divergence between asian and american beauty standards, but I was thinking it's not THAT far off. :eek:

That MUST be it. I think white people haven't seen very many Asian people at all...especially white people from RURAL areas where there are NO Asian people at all...so they have NO clue how a HOT Asian woman should look like...so they think THAT is hot. :barf:

Kinda like my family owns a Thai restaurant and I am from Taiwan and I have tons of American people thinking Thailand and Taiwan is the SAME place! I think that is the same thing here...They just have NO clue.

Here is an example of a beautiful Asian woman. I had people tell me I look like her when I was in Taiwan! I was soooooo flatter. I love it when peple tell me I look like her. This women is STUNNING.

Vicki+Zhao+Wei.jpg

Vicky-Zhao-Wei-to-marry-a-Singaporean-businessman.JPG

4609_114679069277_53572239277_2863951_6082234_n.jpg

2608_72290544277_53572239277_2299804_3820867_n.jpg

I need a full size work truck. F150, Tundra, or Ram? GMC is not an option

I own 2 Guess watches. I like them the BEST b/c it's very cheap (~$90) and it last forever. I got 1 Guess watch in 2003 and 1 in 2008 and both are still working FINE and nothing was ever wrong with them.

Not bad for only $90. :D

For men with high status? Rolex is the standard. Rolex is the classic high status symbol for a men (and many more things, but a nice Rolex watch is one example).

I recommend Louis Vuitton too of course! haha...I don't think you can ever beat Mr. LV! ;)

When I graduate pharmacy school I'll get myself an LV watch to match my purses...but right now I am sticking with my very cheap but very GOOD Guess watch. Seriously, Guess watches LAST FOREVER and they are such a good price too! I love them! :)

I need a full size work truck. F150, Tundra, or Ram? GMC is not an option

Get whatever gives the best gas mileage...with gas at $4.00 a gallon you don't want a thirsty one.

Get whatever gives the best gas mileage...with gas at $4.00 a gallon you don't want a thirsty one.

Its a work truck to haul logs, tractor, boat, trailer, building material, animals, and landscape supplies....I ain't concerned bout MPG. After all they're all a gas guzzler. I have no qualms about burning gas and diesel. My goal in life is to burn more fossil fuel and dump more co2 than anyone else to piss of the tree hugging liberals.

Its a work truck to haul logs, tractor, boat, trailer, building material, animals, and landscape supplies....I ain't concerned bout MPG. After all they're all a gas guzzler. I have no qualms about burning gas and diesel. My goal in life is to burn more fossil fuel and dump more co2 than anyone else to piss of the tree hugging liberals.

LOL...gas is so expensive though...everytime I go fill up my Volvo it's always at least $50! :(

Okay, then get the CHEAPEST truck you listed. Since it's for work there is no need to get something super fancy...I'll buy the cheapest truck on that list. :)

Depends on your price point, but you want something mechanical by an actual watch company... and by that I mean the watch is not "made" by fashion company who simply slaps their name on a cheap movement with trendy design and charge you an arm and leg for something of limited quality (Sorry SHC, that goes for your gold tone Michael Kors)

Seiko and Tissot makes great mechanical watches for the price.

this is my everyday watch, ran me ~$100. The Orient's inhouse automatic movement is comparable to (some say even better than) the more well known Miyota 8215 and Seiko Monster's. I picked it over the 2x more expensive Seiko monster (which is a good watch but I didn't like the look as much). Honestly, nobody stuck their face close enough to look at the brand anyway, and the name match my origin just extra win!

cem65002d-1.jpg

(Sorry SHC, that goes for your gold tone Michael Kors)

How did you know I love GOLD?????? GOLD IS MY FAVORITE COLOR!!! I want this bag NOW!!!!!

BUY IT!!!! Jessica Simpson has it and so I want it too!!!!!!:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is an example of a beautiful Asian woman.

LOL, Zhao Wei? You must be in the same age group as me. :) I think she looks good, was a bit of a horny toad for her for in the early 2000's, but not personally my favorite.

The one that I had the hots back then:

gao-yuanyuan-003.jpg

Man, especially when she was the loving but vindictive girl in "yi tian tu long ji" in 2003, I had the hots for her so bad. That's the kind of girl for me, one that isn't afraid of fighting to claim what she wants.
1249356989016.jpg

Speaking of powerful asian women who's got beauty to match. Here's my current front runner, although a little too old for me -- Prime minister of Thailand.

Hu+Jintao+Thailand+Prime+Minister+Yingluck+0wg1LOgRD7cl.jpg

What wasn't shown in this picture was Hu jizzing in his pants. :smuggrin:

Yes, I am a huge Vicki fan and seen ALL her movies and have ALL her CDs! She is GORGEOUS.

The first girl you posted is HOT! what is her name? she looks kind of like Vicki a little...she is beautiful!

Me? I am old! Most people in my class are born from 1989 to 1987.

Me however, since I was in dental school before I started pharmacy school...so I am a bit older than most people....I am born in 1984. I am graduating NEXT year!

Yes, I know most people my age graduated pharmacy school between 2009 to 2011! know I am LATE! :rolleyes:

I think if all these American people will see all the truely STUNNING Asian women than they will think Mark's wife is ugly as hell too! :laugh:

But since they haven't seen any of them they won't know the difference. LOL

Wouldn't it be cool to have a "best of pharmacy forum" like the best of craigslist?

What could go in?
-diaper thread
-medicaid thread
-HICP
-A collection of Sparda's shady stories
-A collection of SHC's rantings on being hot and rich
-The camera thread
The fight between mountain and rxnupe
The admissions man melt down
Renetto vs. passion4sci
Alaska thread
Unicorn thread
The medical assistant thread?

What else could be on the ballot?

:smuggrin:

I think this is just a bad picture of her. She looks a lot prettier and thinner in her wedding photos. That dress print isn't doing her any favors. Those other chicks are hot, too. But Mark Zuckerberg's wife is pretty for your average girl on the street or whatever.

And just for the record, I have seen plenty of Asian women. Seems like many can be found in schools of pharmacy. :roll eyes:

I think this is just a bad picture of her. She looks a lot prettier and thinner in her wedding photos. That dress print isn't doing her any favors. Those other chicks are hot, too. But Mark Zuckerberg's wife is pretty for your average girl on the street or whatever.

And just for the record, I have seen plenty of Asian women. Seems like many can be found in schools of pharmacy. :roll eyes:

Sorry to say, but Google some of her pix, she's on the plump side. But maybe Mark prefer that way.

The thing with American born Chinese is that southern ancestry is over represented, they were the traditional Chinese diaspora. So the southern look, eg. darker skin, is more common here than in China. But in China, the middle or northern looks more commonly set the beauty standards.

Yeah, American people like tans, but it looks terrible.

I wear SPF 50 on my face everyday and many other products just to make sure I don't get any darker.

Can you imagine Ms. Wei with a darker face? It would make her look so ugly. :(

Oh and the skinner the better! That's a NO brainer....I use to be an XXS at Bebe, but now I am an XS b/c of pharmacy school stress. :rolleyes:

Lastly, my little sister was in china one semester for college studying abroad and she told me all the chinese girls care alot about their looks. They spend a lot of money on beauty products and clothes etc. It's the same way in Taiwan.

In America however, (I am NOT talking about the celebrities, they are gorgeous of course) but in general a lot of girls are over weight, don't spend a ton of money on beauty products or clothes...they seem to care about their looks a lot less, I am talking about in general of course there are exceptions. But only in China do I hear women spend most of their paycheck on beauty products. haha...

Oh and just for laughs and I have nothing else to do on my rotations site so I am killing time...

article-2078999-0F46426E00000578-947_306x423.jpg

Priscilla+Chan+Mark+Zuckerberg+Priscilla+Chan+gQ6ohZO7bwBl.jpg

She looks fatter than Mark.

Oh and just for laughs and I have nothing else to do on my rotations site so I am killing time...

article-2078999-0F46426E00000578-947_306x423.jpg

Priscilla+Chan+Mark+Zuckerberg+Priscilla+Chan+gQ6ohZO7bwBl.jpg

She looks fatter than Mark.

You need to quit being so judgmental and superficial. I was shocked to find out you're also a Taiwanese, where are your manners

You need to quit being so judgmental and superficial. I was shocked to find out you're also a Taiwanese, where's your matter?

Dude, take a CHILL PILL. LOL...I have to sit at my computer for 8 hours a day reading articles from Pubmed and making powerpoint presentations. I am just trying to put some humor into my day. It's all fun and jokes that's all.

No need to be so serious. It's call a JOKE. ;)

I think Korea is worse in terms of color hierarchy and image.

This is why I love Japan...no one gives a crap and funky is in.

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: ... :smuggrin:

Z wins for today. No more posting.