NPTE 2016 JULY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alhassan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to all
It's first time to write in this forum
Iam hassan from egypt
I will Exam NPTE next july
I want someone help me to pass from first time and give me study plan and how to start studying to pass because my work give me only one chane to tarvel USA to examine NPTE
MANY THANKS TO ALL AND WAIT YOUR REPLY

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Hassan,
I'm also planning to take the npte either this April or July. I suggest start studying whatever books you have first, for example, for me, I'm starting with Thera-Ex by Kisner, Goodman (pathology & diff dx), and Physical Rehab by O'Sullivan, before starting with the reviewers. Then for the reviewers, study the National PT Exam Review & Study Guide (TherapyEd), and the Scorebuilders PT Reviewer, you need to read both at least 2-3x each. You can also assess yourself by taking online exams from Scorebuilders and the PEAT from FSBPT. The PEAT will pretty much give you a good idea on where you stand on the exam, so I suggest taking it around May so you'll know where u need to concentrate on. Start making a weekly schedule for the next 25 weeks. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Hassan,

Hope you are fine upon reading my letter. I recently passed the NPTE and I can say that the exam is easy because it will not test about memorization of some information but it is how you can analyse a certain situation and put your self on that situation so that you can immediately decide what is the best answer for the particular situation or case of the patient. The NPTE is not about how many textbooks and review materials you need to read or finish but it is about a Comprehension of certain clinical scenario. Of course, the basic anatamoy, physiology and therapeutic intervention should not be forgotten becuase this is the fundamental of all the knowledge that you be needed when you need to decide which one is good for the patient. You also need to practice answering many question within limited time. Here is what i did.
1. Purchase PEAT - read and analyse the correct and incorrect answer, it is good as a simulation of your endurance before the exam day. Do this night before the exam.
2. Attend online short course review- make sure that the online facilitator is accommodating to all the topics that you find hard and confusing, make sure that they will evaluate your weaknesses and strenght and patiently explain to you over and over about the topic that is very sensitive in NPTE. For me I attended one ONLINE Review program in Phils. They have Comprehensive review, Intensive Review and Short course Review in a very affordable price. You can also ask for the convineint time for you to study. They are flexible. In case you want to try their program you can call them at +63917-945-0523 or email them at [email protected]

3. I read differential diagnosis by Goodman- the summary part of all the referred and location of pain
4. I read Jaime Paz - selected topic only- this book is good because it will help you in a Clinical Decision Making
5. I compiled all kinds of wounds picture and everyday I familiarize my eyes about what kind of wounds considered as venous,arterial and burn. Just only reading the details is not enough for me.
6. Review your basic anatomy from muscle location, innervation to blood supply
7. Some information is not need to read, it is really important you attended any group study that will help compared your knowledge to other so that when you come to the date time you have the confident whic is very important.

Hi Hassan,

Hope you are fine upon reading my letter. I recently passed the NPTE and I can say that the exam is easy because it will not test about memorization of some information but it is how you can analyse a certain situation and put your self on that situation so that you can immediately decide what is the best answer for the particular situation or case of the patient. The NPTE is not about how many textbooks and review materials you need to read or finish but it is about a Comprehension of certain clinical scenario. Of course, the basic anatamoy, physiology and therapeutic intervention should not be forgotten becuase this is the fundamental of all the knowledge that you be needed when you need to decide which one is good for the patient. You also need to practice answering many question within limited time. Here is what i did.
1. Purchase PEAT - read and analyse the correct and incorrect answer, it is good as a simulation of your endurance before the exam day. Do this night before the exam.
2. Attend online short course review- make sure that the online facilitator is accommodating to all the topics that you find hard and confusing, make sure that they will evaluate your weaknesses and strenght and patiently explain to you over and over about the topic that is very sensitive in NPTE. For me I attended one ONLINE Review program in Phils. They have Comprehensive review, Intensive Review and Short course Review in a very affordable price. You can also ask for the convineint time for you to study. They are flexible. In case you want to try their program you can call them at +63917-945-0523 or email them at [email protected]

3. I read differential diagnosis by Goodman- the summary part of all the referred and location of pain
4. I read Jaime Paz - selected topic only- this book is good because it will help you in a Clinical Decision Making
5. I compiled all kinds of wounds picture and everyday I familiarize my eyes about what kind of wounds considered as venous,arterial and burn. Just only reading the details is not enough for me.
6. Review your basic anatomy from muscle location, innervation to blood supply
7. Some information is not need to read, it is really important you attended any group study that will help compared your knowledge to other so that when you come to the date time you have the confident whic is very important.

HI G,
Can you give me more details about that Online Review course, please?Thanx