NPTE January 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ace106

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Luck to anyone taking the test this coming week!
I've open this thread to see how many people are taking the test now, and post opinions about it after.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good Luck to anyone taking the test this coming week!
I've open this thread to see how many people are taking the test now, and post opinions about it after.

Hey, thanks for starting the thread. I took my NPTE couple hours ago, and I thought it was really really hard...I'm so scared to see my result a week after. How did anyone feel about the test?

Hi, Thanks for replying!

First time taking it for me,felt it was moderest to hard, some questions were really like nothing I've ever encountered that required a very deep knowledge and understanding of the issues and a thorough clinical reasoning. On the other hand some were quite easy, so thus I feel positive. I could be fooling my self but I don't see how that is going to help with the following week :/

I did study more cram style, because I feel I benefit from remembering bits and pieces from different sources, my initial tests showed my performance was lacking until I took one PEAT and did well.
SC1: 49.5
SC2: 56
SC3: 50.5
TE1: 56
TE2:62
TE3:60
PEAT: 630

Good luck to us again! Stay positive :)

Hi, Thanks for replying!

First time taking it for me,felt it was moderest to hard, some questions were really like nothing I've ever encountered that required a very deep knowledge and understanding of the issues and a thorough clinical reasoning. On the other hand some were quite easy, so thus I feel positive. I could be fooling my self but I don't see how that is going to help with the following week :/

I did study more cram style, because I feel I benefit from remembering bits and pieces from different sources, my initial tests showed my performance was lacking until I took one PEAT and did well.

Hi. I also took the NPTE yesterday and thought it was very difficult. At least, quite a bit more than I expected. I studied mainly from Scorebuilders and had taken six practice exams, with scores on the last ones being:
SC: 73%
TE: 69%
Retired Npte: 699 (85%).

We shall see! Those who worry before they have to, worry more than they have to ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it yesterday for the second time. First NPTE in October I got a 562. I definitely feel more confident walking out but still have that feeling that it could have gone either way. Hoping for the best you guys!

My last 3 exams:
Scorebuilders: 75.5%
O'sullivans: 76%
PEAT: 88%

Dr K, did you feel this time was harder or not?
Did you take any practice exams for the previous one by any chance? Your scores seem solid now.

I felt like it was just as hard as the last one, I think maybe I was better prepared so that's why I felt "okay" coming out of it. I did do all 6 practice tests and 2 PEATS on the last exam, only difference is that I never went over my exams in the past. This time around, I did PT Final Exam videos and retook all exams and actually reviewed all of my missed and correctly answered questions.

Dr K, did you feel this time was harder or not?
Did you take any practice exams for the previous one by any chance? Your scores seem solid now.

Hi, Thanks for replying!

Thank you yeah, I agree. Some of the questions were pretty straight forward, but I think I'm nervous because I did mark a lot of questions that I wasn't 100% sure. I thought last section was a killer... There's nothing we can do at this point so I'm gonna force myself to take my mind out and stop looking back my notes I'm praying for everyone in this thread to pass!!!

Hello everyone. Took the test on Thursday last week. Has anyone received their results yet. Last year some results were received early.

I wish you all the best.

Nothing yet from California. Do you know how early? In October we received our results on Wednesday afternoon.

Hello everyone. Took the test on Thursday last week. Has anyone received their results yet. Last year some results were received early.

I wish you all the best.

Someone said the result for October was in by Tuesday evening , I wonder what will happen this time.

I am in Ohio.

Nothing in CO.
From what I've come to understand, Dr K is probably right and that's when most people get to see their results.
Do you check the fsbpt website for that or just your state's jurisdiction website where you applied for licensure ?

Nothing in CO.
From what I've come to understand, Dr K is probably right and that's when most people get to see their results.
Do you check the fsbpt website for that or just your state's jurisdiction website where you applied for licensure ?
Nothing yet in Oregon. Ace 106, you go on FSBPT (check my status) :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In October, they posted on the FSBPT facebook page the morning they released the results forewarning everyone to keep a look out. So I'm assuming they'll do the same this time. I really think the soonest will be tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I just signed up here and nothing so far in South Carolina either! This was my first time taking the test and I thought it was more difficult than I had expected.

Hello All,
Took the test for the second time In January and like most of you anxiously awaiting the results. I know I didn't pass in October because I was really woefully unprepared, however this time I felt like I had put in the time and work. I thought the exam was hard but I also felt "good" walking out of it. However, now the doubt is unstoppable, wish you all the best. Please someone post when they hear of results because I am checking my phone non-stop.
Best

OSullvan - 71%
PEAT - 699

Okay everyone, they posted on the FSBPT Facebook page. Results will start showing up this afternoon. Sending prayers and good wishes to all of you!!

It doesn't matter how many times you've taken this thing...... This whole waiting game is no joke. Any news yet?

Paaaaaaaaassseeeeeeedddd 1st try!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::=|:-):
For Colorodo-Foreign trained.
Studied:
August,
Half of September
Almost all of December and January.
Scrobuilder & O Sullivan (twice, one taking notes)
Therapeutic exercise(Kissner) from start to finish
And did basecamp from scorebuilders which helped a lot.

Last edited:
FAILED - New York

Congratulations to all those who passed.
I'm so sorry to hear that... I understand how it feels like right now. I had to take this exam multiple times (1st-585, 2nd-595) to finally pass on my 3rd one. I know it's hard and frustrating...I cried for hours when I found out that I didn't pass last time.
How I prepared this time was I took Will Crane's Mastermind course, and I think it helped me a lot. I would highly recommend to use the Therapyed textbook instead of Scorebuilder. I also downloaded the NPTE pocketprep app (has 450 practice questions). What helped me the most was to take the practice questions as many as you can (I took 9 practice exams, including PEAT) and review them (ask yourself why you choose the answer instead of other options).

I'm so sorry to hear that... I understand how it feels like right now. I had to take this exam multiple times (1st-585, 2nd-595) to finally pass on my 3rd one. I know it's hard and frustrating...I cried for hours when I found out that I didn't pass last time.
How I prepared this time was I took Will Crane's Mastermind course, and I think it helped me a lot. I would highly recommend to use the Therapyed textbook instead of Scorebuilder. I also downloaded the NPTE pocketprep app (has 450 practice questions). What helped me the most was to take the practice questions as many as you can (I took 9 practice exams, including PEAT) and review them (ask yourself why you choose the answer instead of other options).
Thank you so much... This means a lot. Yes I am depressed at a point that I cannot stop crying. I will definetly go through your advice. Lots of love !!

Thank you so much... This means a lot. Yes I am depressed at a point that I cannot stop crying. I will definetly go through your advice. Lots of love !!
No problem, epvlove :) Hang in there. Surround yourself with your family or close friends and rest your mind and body for couple days. My instructor from PT school told me that this is just going to make me a "better" clinician. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. It's going to be your turn to pass next time ;)

Last edited:
Failed again, second time. I don't believe i can do this again. Congrats to all who passed.

:hurting::hurting::hurting::hurting:

FAILED - New York

Congratulations to all those who passed.
Failed -NJ
I am sorry you didn't pass, I failed as well. It was my second try and I truly thought I was well prepared. I am going to try Will Cranes mastermind course and do as many sample questions as I can the next 11 weeks. I went from 541 to 570. System brake down 73% in CV, 74% in Neuro, 56% in MS and 48% in others. If I had only maintained MS and Others from the first exam I would have passed.

Congratulations to all who nailed the NPTE!
I am from Texas, I failed the January exam and this was my first time taking NPTE. I did Therapy Ed, Scorebuilder, reviewed my PT books (Sullivan, Magee, etc.) and gave 8 practice exams. I am looking for suggestions on how to modify my study plan and additional books, exams and/or review courses can help me pass the exam. Also, if anyone is interested for group study for the April 26th exam, please contact me. Looking forward to your replies!

Congrats to everyone that passes. Failed on my second try. Have anyone ever heard of npte frontier-Dr. Singh prep course for npte?

Failed -NJ
I am sorry you didn't pass, I failed as well. It was my second try and I truly thought I was well prepared. I am going to try Will Cranes mastermind course and do as many sample questions as I can the next 11 weeks. I went from 541 to 570. System brake down 73% in CV, 74% in Neuro, 56% in MS and 48% in others. If I had only maintained MS and Others from the first exam I would have passed.

Hello! When I took both of the PEAT exams I failed both of them. What I did to pass the NPTE was to study hard on the systems that I was weak in. I was weak in MS , Other Systems, and Intervention but as I continued to study those areas my score continued to increase. There is no point of you studying hard for those other systems anymore that you scored high in because that score is not going to change but so much.. just review those systems you scored high in and take quizzes on them from time to time to maintain those scores but definitely study hard for the systems you scored low in.

Another thing that helped me a lot is doing note cards on Quizlet and just kept going over and over them til I was blue in the face. How I wrote my note cards for example: what is the intervention after surgery of a meniscus tear in the acute phase? And I would write every intervention protocol for a meniscus tear in the acute phase. If I could include pictures for a note card I would just so I would have a visual to match with it. Quizlet also has it where it can make it into a test for you to test yourself which is helpful as well.

Take the Therapyed exams and look at the PEAT answers to see what did you do wrong and look at each answer to see why it was wrong and why the answer that was correct was correct that way you will have a better understanding of the topic. If you got it wrong and don't know why look it up and make it into a note card.

Another thing that helped me was relaxing!!! Involve yourself in exercising, meditating, yoga, swimming, etc. Dont drive yourself crazy!!

You got this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I passed. Is the numerical number on the score sheet in the same box that says "passed" the converted score? I'm not sure if it's just an identifier or a numerical score.

Sorry to hear of the fails. It's OK to be sad or pissed, take your time to cope and then get back on the grind. Hit those Khan academy medicine and osmosis playlists,and hit those review books. Coming from somebody that failed a clinical and was so stressed that I took a voluntary leave from school - you can do it.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am a licensed physical therapist in the state of illinois. I offer personalized npte preparation course with live one-to-one classes through skype. This course is especially designed to clear basic concepts and provide the best preparation techniques , all according to your needs and shortcomings. Its a wonderful course for multiple time repeaters, as I believe if you are unable to clear the exam in 1 or 2 attempts, then the same style of studying and same concepts are not going to help much, something has to be changed. If you want more information, you can message me through this medium.

Regards,
npte.prep

Hi, Thanks for replying!

Hey there,
What materials did you use in order to prep for the NPTE? I am looking at taking it in the second half of this year and I'm not sure what materials i should buy. Any advice? Also how long did you prep for?

Any tips you have would be awesome!