NPTE July 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyone feel about the exam

EDIT: I passed!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Nope it was horrible. Every classmate I spoke with as well as people I know from other programs confirmed that they feel like they failed and that it didn’t mirror the PEAT at all. It also had concepts that were never covered in SB or TE. Wow.

My stats since I found this helpful when other people posted: (I studied from mid June to now)

• SB test 1: 57 (without studying, going in cold)
  • SB test 2: 72.5
  • SN test 3: 71.5
  • TE Exam A: 67
  • TE Exam B: 77
  • Retired Peat: 84%
  • Practice Peat: 79%
Honestly, they claim you have a 99% chance of passing the NPTE if you pass the PEATs.... but Idk that exam today was off the charts hard, random, and a poor measure of the aptitude a PT has.

I marked a lot of questions but I stuck with my gut and didn’t go back and review/change.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope it was horrible. Every classmate I spoke with as well as people I know from other programs confirmed that they feel like they failed and that it didn’t mirror the PEAT at all. It also had concepts that were never covered in SB or TE. Wow.

My stats since I found this helpful when other people posted: (I studied from mid June to now)

• SB test 1: 57 (without studying, going in cold)
  • SB test 2: 72.5
  • SN test 3: 71.5
  • TE Exam A: 67
  • TE Exam B: 77
  • Retired Peat: 84%
  • Practice Peat: 79%
Honestly, they claim you have a 99% chance of passing the NPTE if you pass the PEATs.... but Idk that exam today was off the charts hard, random, and a poor measure of the aptitude a PT has.

I marked a lot of questions but I stuck with my gut and didn’t go back and review/change.
I agree, I don’t understand how they even correlate the peat with the npte. It’s misleading and yes very very random

Reactions: 1 user
I also thought the test was very hard! And I felt like a lot of the material was not covered in the scorebuilders book. I feel the PEATs were much easier than the actual boards.

Here are my stats since I also found them helpful when I was studying. They are in the order I took them in.

Scorebuilders A: 140 (70%)
Therapy Ed A: 126 (63 or 64%)
Academic Practice PEAT: 677 (81%)
Academic Retired PEAT: 701 (82%)
Candidate Practice PEAT: 726 (83%)
Candidate Retired PEAT: 721 (88%)

There are probably at least 10 questions that have come back to me that I'm kicking myself over now because I know I missed them and I shouldn't have. At this point I am feeling like my odds of passing are about 50%. ‍♀️

Reactions: 2 users
I thought the NPTE was very similar to the PEATs. Pretty sure there were 2-3 that were almost word for word from the PEATs tbh. Not to say it didn't kick my butt, but it was essentially what I expected. I barely passed the PEATs and expect to barely pass the real thing . The wait is soooooo brutal.

I passed all the practice tests and got an 800 on the retired PEAT, but the boards felt really hard. I was stumped on / surprised by a lot of questions.

Everyone in my class thought it was very challenging and we all think we failed... and there’s no way we all actually failed. That’s giving me hope at this point lol

Reactions: 3 users
This NPTE was filled with bizarre questions and answer options. I passed all 3 giles exams, both online advantage exams, and both student versions of the peat. I felt the npte was significantly more difficult and wasn’t even close to the practice exams. On all of the practice exams, I marked around 7-10 questions on each section. On the npte I marked at least 20 each section. Not looking good!

Do you mind if I ask where you got this information from? Reliable?

I took a total of 11 practice tests before the NPTE, towards the end, I was consistently scoring in the low to mid 80's and I was satisfied and confident going into the test. I will say that the test did not compare to a single one of those practice exams, it was another beast that I have just never encountered. What frustrated me most was how little comparison there was between the PEAT and the NPTE, was there even any relevance? And the wording of the test was just so complicated, some topics that I was not even familiar with and not relevant to PT practice.

From what I gather most of my classmates have a similar sentiment of defeat.

I don't really know what to say other than I hope the metrics hold up with statistics of students passing if they passed the PEAT. Because right now I am feeling pretty hopeless. How one of my friends said, "That test was nightmare", I think that perfectly describes what I felt while I was taking the exam.

Do you mind if I ask where you got this information from? Reliable?

I took a total of 11 practice tests before the NPTE, towards the end, I was consistently scoring in the low to mid 80's and I was satisfied and confident going into the test. I will say that the test did not compare to a single one of those practice exams, it was another beast that I have just never encountered. What frustrated me most was how little comparison there was between the PEAT and the NPTE, was there even any relevance? And the wording of the test was just so complicated, some topics that I was not even familiar with and not relevant to PT practice.

From what I gather most of my classmates have a similar sentiment of defeat.

I don't really know what to say other than I hope the metrics hold up with statistics of students passing if they passed the PEAT. Because right now I am feeling pretty hopeless. How one of my friends said, "That test was nightmare", I think that perfectly describes what I felt while I was taking the exam.

This is from 2014, but FSBT said somewhere that it has been true every year. Who knows.

I think I messed up 5 giveaway questions. Im so STUPID‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

I passed both peats but I keep thinking man it’s gonna suck if I failed this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed both peats but I keep thinking man it’s gonna suck if I failed this.
Whenever I forget about it for awhile, the feeling of potentially failing inevitably returns and hits me like a truck. That's basically my life on repeat until we get results :)

Whenever I forget about it for awhile, the feeling of potentially failing inevitably returns and hits me like a truck. That's basically my life on repeat until we get results :)

Yeah I just been playing video games and working out to pass the time

You know what I’m wondering, if you got peat scores immediately why does it take so long to get npte scores

I went back at looked at prior years, and they do tend to release the grades as early as Tuesday. But they are randomly released, some states earlier than others.

You know what I’m wondering, if you got peat scores immediately why does it take so long to get npte scores
Im sure they have to do some sort of item analysis and make sure everything went okay with the test before releasing results

We should all find out tomorrow!! I’m sure we all did great! I bet everyone diligent enough to check SDN passed;) Good vibes to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
We should all find out tomorrow!! I’m sure we all did great! I bet everyone diligent enough to check SDN passed;) Good vibes to everyone!!
Doesn’t improve my nausea much! Heavy drinks after this result tomorrow either way

Tomorrow? Even if we took it on Thursday?

That part is a bit unclear, but it seems like yes. Today they might start rolling them out, and it is possible that they roll the Wed grades before Thurs. Others claim that it is absolutely random. On past years it seems like the process starts around 5:15 pm est

What are everyone's sources that results might start being released today? Kyle Rice-PT Hustle said he heard from three "higher ups" at FSBPT that results might get released today and that results for both exam days are released at the same time. NPTE Final Frontier is still saying tomorrow. I did some searching on this forum and Facebook and it appears as though any time results were released for the July exam on a Tuesday, the exam was given on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Because this year the exam was given on a Wednesday and Thursday, I was under the impression that results would be released on Wednesday.

Last edited:
What are everyone's sources that results might start being released today? Kyle Rice-PT Hustle said he heard from three "higher ups" at FSBPT that results might get released today and that results for both exam days are released at the same time. NPTE Final Frontier is still saying tomorrow. I did some searching on this forum and Facebook and it appears as though any time results were released for the July exam on a Tuesday, the exam was given on a Tuesday and Wednesday.

Personally, I am simply going by past years from this forum. The pattern seems to be that at around 5:15 people start stating the release of grades. The pattern seems to be consistent, but I have no official sources. It could very well be tomorrow, but I am hoping they stay consistent with prior years.

I think I messed up 5 giveaway questions. Im so STUPID‍♂‍♂‍♂
Don’t worry, I KNOW FOR SURE I missed 4 giveaway questions. I guess because it was THE NPTE I figured it was trying to play some tricks and I looked too much into the question and ended up choosing another answer. Test anxiety might have really gotten the best of me. I really feel like I failed, but so does everyone else in my class.

I found people sharing their practice test scores helpful, so I will share mine (in the order I took the exams):
  • Practice PEAT (no studying): 74%
  • Scorebuilders 1: 61%
  • Scorebuilders 2: 68%
  • Retired PEAT (MSK, Neuro and half of Cardiopulm covered): 80%
  • Online Advantage 1: 74%
  • Scorebuilders 3: 74%
  • Online advantage 2: 80%
I felt prepared, but after leaving the prometric site...I was beat up! I cried in my car before driving off. People always say you will feel like you failed...but there’s such a difference between someone telling how you’ll feel versus ACTUALLY feeling like you failed. Anyway, I’m trying to maintain composure!

Hey folks. I’ve been passively observing this thread and appreciate being in the know with you all. I’m certainly anticipating the release of the test results, if not this evening, soon. I’ll let you know when I get my results and if I passed. I’ve already made a plan in my head for preparing for the October test, but I’d like to be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey folks. I’ve been passively observing this thread and appreciate being in the know with you all. I’m certainly anticipating the release of the test results, if not this evening, soon. I’ll let you know when I get my results and if I passed. I’ve already made a plan in my head for preparing for the October test, but I’d like to be pleasantly surprised.
That would be a really annoying 3 months

If we are getting results today they should pop up in the next 10 minutes eh?? I can't wait any longer! :( lol

If this goes on til tomorrow afternoon I’m gonna need cardiac meds

Keeping myself far from my study materials. Been scanning the answers to the marked questions i remembered. Not helping with the anxiety lol. But we have reached this far. Something we can be proud of.

I’m in Texas and I got my results about 40 minutes ago. 100% thought I failed, but I PASSED. Shoutout to everyone on this forum who made me feel better in the days leading up to this. I’m sure y’all passed as well! Good luck!

TherapyEd exam (prior to prep course): 61%
TherapyEd exam A: 65%
TherapyEd exam B: 70%
Retired PEAT: 75%
TherapyEd exam C: 75%
Practice PEAT: 79%
NPTE: 692

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users