NPTE July 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT703

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to start this thread for everyone preparing/taking the NPTE in July!

Make sure not to discuss contents of the exam!

Feel free to share how you are preparing (exam scores, materials, etc...)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking it end of July. Anyone else out there?

Our program required us to take and pass an academic Scorebuilder's exam as a "comprehensive exam" back in December, so I started going through the Scorebuilder's materials in the fall, including Basecamp, and took the three Scorebuilder's exams that come with the book before our 'comp' exam. Then took a break from studying from Jan until May. Now I'm going through a combo of Scorebuilder's and TherEd materials and taking the TherEd tests as well as listening to a bunch of NPTE podcasts, using the PT365 app, and going through other practice questions from whatever sources I can find. Planning to finish off by taking both student PEATs next month. My test scores so far look pretty good, but I'm still anxious about the test because although I'm really good at guessing on multiple choice exams, I feel pretty weak with my content knowledge. So planning to do a good chunk of studying from now until the exam so I'm less dependent on good guesses, lol. Studying mostly on my own, but doing remote Zoom study sessions with some classmates 1-2 mornings/week, which makes it much more fun.

SB #1 (baseline, before studying): 62% (124/200)
SB #2: 78% (156/200)
SB #3: 74% (148/200)
SB Online Advantage Academic #1: 88.5% (177/200)

***study break Jan-May- amazing how much you forget in 6 months :laugh:

TherEd A: 75% (149/199)
TherEd B: 78% (155/200)
Practice Peat: 82% (164/200) Scaled score 691
TherEd C: 81% (161/200)
Retired Peat: 90% (179/200) Scaled score 800- Took one week prior to the big test.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Took the NPTE for PTA yesterday. I'm absolutely nauseous with anxiety. Currently torturing myself by recalling silly questions I missed. The statistic help, however. I passed the first PEAT with a 622 and minimal studying, passed the second with a 696 after a good amount of studying.
I'm hoping I pass

Reactions: 1 user
Took the NPTE for PTA yesterday. I'm absolutely nauseous with anxiety. Currently torturing myself by recalling silly questions I missed. The statistic help, however. I passed the first PEAT with a 622 and minimal studying, passed the second with a 696 after a good amount of studying.
I'm hoping I pass
Hopefully u do!

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking it mid august. I was supposed to take it april but that didnt happen. Crazy how only 2 months of study break can make u forget so much. Im mostly reviewing my notes right now and will do the peat, therapy ed and possibly scorebuilder within the next few days. I will update whenever i do.

Scheduled for July 28th. I began studying back in April, took 3 weeks off for a hiking trip in June, and then have 4 more weeks to review before the big day!

Retired PEAT (pre-study): 165/200, 83%, scaled 653
Scorebuilders #1: 145/200, 73%
Online Advantage #1: 166/200 83%
Scorebuilders #2: 164/200, 82%

3 week break

Online Advantage #2: 176/200, 88%
Practice PEAT: 172/200, 86%, scaled 766
Scorebuilders #3: 174/200, 87%

NPTE: Scaled 741

Last edited:
Scheduled for July 28th. Started studying in January but was just an hour or so here and there as I was in my terminal internship until beginning of June. Really started studying in April/May timeframe while hitting it extra hard beginning of June up until now. Will post scores for everything once test results are received!

Good luck to everyone next week!

Good luck everyone! We got this!!! Feel free to post your reactions (no specific questions) after your exam if you wish!

I guess Ill start.. I thought it was pretty freaking hard.... More difficult than the PEATS or any other practice exam I took..

I guess Ill start.. I thought it was pretty freaking hard.... More difficult than the PEATS or any other practice exam I took..
Definitely agree, lots of 50/50 questions. I hope the “easier” questions carry me over the 600 mark lol. the waiting game sucks now

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely agree, lots of 50/50 questions. I hope the “easier” questions carry me over the 600 mark lol. the waiting game sucks now
Same. That was way harder than any PEAT I’ve taken. Keeping an open mind tho. I hope we all pass!

Yeah that was rough. Felt way harder than either of the PEATs. Honestly felt harder than the Therapy Ed exams too- way more 50/50 and "I'm totally guessing on this" questions. Am I correct that we don't hear back about pass/fail until next Wed? Can't come soon enough.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Just took the NPTE on the 28th and honestly felt pretty good when I left but once I got home and wasnt distracted I noticed myself going over questions I was on the fence about and started counting ones i know i got wrong. About 25 and the real thing bothering me is that a hand full of them were so easy and i knew the answer to them but just from fatigue or overthinking I messed it up.
Prior to the exam i scored a:
600 on Peat no studying
632on practice peat

scorebuilders 1: 66%
scorebuilders 2: 79%
Scorebuilders 3:90%
I went into the test confident and left confident but harping on these questions i got wrong has really gotten me into an anxious state. Just wondering how others felt about the exam. I feel like it was tough for sure.

I also agree that it felt harder than any of the practice exams. I took scorebuilders, therapy ed, and both PEATs and I was about average on each exam. I felt that there were so many 50/50 questions on the NPTE that I really am not sure of and am really hoping many of these were the ones to get thrown out but overall, I feel pretty iffy about the entire exam.

I agree that the exam was a lot harder then the PEAT exams. I took 4 PEAT exams: 2 practice PEATs and 2 retired PEATs. I was scoring about 80-85% on those. I felt confident going into the exam but not so much after leaving the exam. There were a ton of 50/50 questions for me.

I took final frontier and definitely thought this exam was harder than the PEATs. I got 79 on the practice PEAT and 83 on the retired. Really just hoping for 600 but I'm panicking about all the ones I may have missed...

I'm gonna go against the grain here...I had a lot of 50-50 questions on both PEATs I took, and they felt harder (or maybe just longer) than my other practice exams (Scorebuilders and Online Advantage), so this honestly felt very similar to the PEATs for me. Maybe a little more stressful in my 50-50 questions because this test matters and those ultimately didn't, but it felt about as hard as I expected.

Hey guys. Just took the NPTE on the 28th and honestly felt pretty good when I left but once I got home and wasnt distracted I noticed myself going over questions I was on the fence about and started counting ones i know i got wrong. About 25 and the real thing bothering me is that a hand full of them were so easy and i knew the answer to them but just from fatigue or overthinking I messed it up.
Prior to the exam i scored a:
600 on Peat no studying
632on practice peat

scorebuilders 1: 66%
scorebuilders 2: 79%
Scorebuilders 3:90%
I went into the test confident and left confident but harping on these questions i got wrong has really gotten me into an anxious state. Just wondering how others felt about the exam. I feel like it was tough for sure.
definitely a mind game after. ive been totaling up a few questions that i know i missed from fatigue, overthinking, and answer changing (never do that! lol). you felt confident leaving so run with that! missing questions is inevitable and we can still pass. you killed that last scorebuilder‘s exam which means you were doing something right to prepare.

This is a bit beside the point, but I'm strangely comforted by recognizing some of your usernames from the 2016-2017 Texas PT school apps thread. :'-) I only posted a few times but lurked non-stop during that app season. We made it, folks. Congrats!! :cool:

I took my NPTE on the 30th. I don’t know how to feel about it honestly. This was my third time to take it, embarrassingly enough. I was 6, then 3 questions away from passing. Felt more prepared for this one, but there was a TON of 50/50 questions. Some parts seemed easy/familiar. Some seemed outrageous. I was following final frontier for this time. my practice exams were:
(First test before studying again)
Therapy Ed (2020): 131/200 66%
Therapy Ed (2020 test B): 145/200 73%
Final Frontier Full exam: 149/200 75%
Practice PEAT (2020): 140/200 70%
Retired PEAT (2020): 159/200 80%.

NPTE: PASSED (waiting on score)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I just wanted everyone know that preparing for and taking the NPTE for PTA's and PT's is just nothing but stressful. I would like to share my story but it is in no way a recommendation on how you go about preparing. First of all ... I failed my first semester A&P by 2% points but I reapplied to the PTA program and completed it July 17th 2020. I was an average student who did not have good study/organizational habits and had to retake multiple lab practicals. That being said, I shined during all 3 of my clinicals, my second one I made entry level and my 3rd one I made entry level by my 3rd week, so even though I was not smart on paper(testing), I could definitely apply what I had learned. I am a procrastinator at heart so I crammed the last week or two, as well as I took 4 PEAT exams before I took the licensure exam( I really focused on the things I kept getting wrong)....I was an average student...and I PASSED on July 20th, 2020. I heard stories of people studying 8 hours a day for months and I knew that wasn't me, it just wasn't, and I was terrified I would fail.
My point is, you have made it this far, and if you know your basic knowledge and what it means to practice safely, I believe you can pass. Most importantly, BELIEVE in yourself and you can pass. I won't know my score until the 4th of August, but it doesn't matter what it is... because it was a passing score. Good luck to all that need to take the exam still, and good vibes and blessings sent your way!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I would advise not sharing questions, Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted everyone know that preparing for and taking the NPTE for PTA's and PT's is just nothing but stressful. I would like to share my story but it is in no way a recommendation on how you go about preparing. First of all ... I failed my first semester A&P by 2% points but I reapplied to the PTA program and completed it July 17th 2020. I was an average student who did not have good study/organizational habits and had to retake multiple lab practicals. That being said, I shined during all 3 of my clinicals, my second one I made entry level and my 3rd one I made entry level by my 3rd week, so even though I was not smart on paper(testing), I could definitely apply what I had learned. I am a procrastinator at heart so I crammed the last week or two, as well as I took 4 PEAT exams before I took the licensure exam( I really focused on the things I kept getting wrong)....I was and average student...and I PASSED on July 20th, 2020. I heard stories of people studying 8 hours a day for months and I knew that wasn't me, it just wasn't, and I was terrified I would fail.
My point is, you have made it this far, and if you know your basic knowledge and what it means to practice safely, I believe you can pass. Most importantly, BELIEVE in yourself and you can pass. I won't know my score until the 4th of August, but it doesn't matter what it is... because it was a passing score. Good luck to all that need to take the exam still, and good vibes and blessings sent your way!

Thank you for this, and this is so true. Im taking it mid august and im actually procrastinating on doing the practice exams bec i feel like i need more time studying the basics. But at this point, i’ll never be able to gauge muself if i dont do it. I’ve been studying for months bec i was supposed to take it april and i did have a study break for about a month and a half and my motivation wasn’t the highest to be honest even when i got back into it. But i’m betting on the fact that i did not just study for nothing and i guess my anxiety also helps in pushing me to study even more. im mainly focused on studying my modules and trying to perfect that, because like they say, it all boils down to the basics, as hard to believe as that sounds. But i will definitely start on those practice exams by tonight. I hope for good news to everyone that has taken it, and a more productive studying to everyone that has yet to take it.

I just wanted everyone know that preparing for and taking the NPTE for PTA's and PT's is just nothing but stressful. I would like to share my story but it is in no way a recommendation on how you go about preparing. First of all ... I failed my first semester A&P by 2% points but I reapplied to the PTA program and completed it July 17th 2020. I was an average student who did not have good study/organizational habits and had to retake multiple lab practicals. That being said, I shined during all 3 of my clinicals, my second one I made entry level and my 3rd one I made entry level by my 3rd week, so even though I was not smart on paper(testing), I could definitely apply what I had learned. I am a procrastinator at heart so I crammed the last week or two, as well as I took 4 PEAT exams before I took the licensure exam( I really focused on the things I kept getting wrong)....I was and average student...and I PASSED on July 20th, 2020. I heard stories of people studying 8 hours a day for months and I knew that wasn't me, it just wasn't, and I was terrified I would fail.
Thanks for the positivity!!

Anyone else feel like they want to be sick when they think about getting their results? :oops:
100% feel that way! I will feel ok and then the thought comes back to me. Every time I log into FSBPT I feel nauseous! I just can't gauge if I passed or if I didn't and its terrifying.

Reactions: 3 users
I was hoping they would let us know by now. (Yes I know they said by August 5th but in the past it seems like they told results ahead of time)

Reactions: 4 users
I was hoping they would let us know by now. (Yes I know they said by August 5th but in the past it seems like they told results ahead of time)

I have a vague hope (dread?) that they’ll tell us tomorrow instead of Wednesday. A day early seems reasonable, yeah? Regardless I’m visiting the FSBPT site every day just in case...:laugh:

Last edited:
If you took the exam on the 28th, are the scores being released tomorrow?

Last edited:
I haven't been on here since I applied to PT school in 2016 but WOW I needed something to curb my anxiety from that exam... so I pulled up the ol' PT forum! I felt like the test was MUCH harder than any PEAT I took!!!

You're not alone in this.
100% feel that way! I will feel ok and then the thought comes back to me. Every time I log into FSBPT I feel nauseous! I just can't gauge if I passed or if I didn't and its terrifying.

Every day I have this problem. Some days I feel like I did it, some I feel like I came up just short again. its an impossible feeling to get over until you just see it.
I dont want to see it if i came up short haha. :/ I would prefer to live in lala land then

Any idea why a score maybe withheld?
Typically it’s just to check something at the testing site or how you reviewed for the exam. Make sure to fill out a form they should email you. Typically, this is good news and that your score was good and they want to make sure cheating didn’t occur.

PASSED IN NEW JERSEY!! Feeling like you failed after the exam is an understatement... Just gotta trust the process!!