NRSA fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psygal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for an NRSA predoctoral fellowship for minority students, and I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this and could give some advice. How long should a research proposal be? How much detail should you go into for the methods and analysis section? I know this is a vague question, but does anyone have advice on the type of projects that tend to get funded? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

psygal said:
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for an NRSA predoctoral fellowship for minority students, and I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this and could give some advice. How long should a research proposal be? How much detail should you go into for the methods and analysis section? I know this is a vague question, but does anyone have advice on the type of projects that tend to get funded? Thanks!

Check out this website:

http://grants.nih.gov/training/nrsa.htm

It will provide you with a very detailed set of instructions to follow as to how to prepare an application (e.g., page limits, necessary components of the research plan, etc.). The best way to prepare to write an NRSA is to look at copies of ones that have been funded at your graduate institution.

The other thing to remember is that it is not just a research grant, but also a training grant. As such, it will be reviewed for the quality of your research plan, but also for your potential to become an independent researcher, the resources available in your "research environment,' and the ability for you to get the training you describe from your advisor.

Good luck! :thumbup: