This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athlete1188

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In my experience NS wasn’t that deflated in comparison to Kaplan. So I would take that 511 as a ~511 on the real thing. In a few months it’s hard to predict the progress, it depends on your study skills. I would say you have a good chance though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have experience with NS?

I’ve heard it’s very inflated actually. Know someone who got a 514 on NS and a 509 on the real thing.

I’ve heard AAMC FL are the best indicator. Maybe try one of those and see where you stand. Good luck!

I got 507, 509, and 511 on the 3 NS tests I took and then ended up with a 521 on the real test. I think NS is more convoluted than the AAMC stuff, so it looks like you’re on good track :)

Reactions: 1 users
I never got higher than 515 on NextStep. Got a 524 on the real thing.

There are a lot of mistakes on NextStep exams

Haven't taken the real MCAT yet, both on NS 1-5 I've gotten 511-511-513-509-512

AAMC FL1-3, 513-514-515

Anyone else have experience with NS?
My hunch is that NS loses much of its predictive value beyond a 508. A 510 average could mean a 509 or a 521. The exams are more of a time crunch than the AAMC's and the questions are oftentimes more strangely phrased, so this wouldn't surprise me.

Focus on evaluating your content knowledge and problem solving skills over fixating on the score.