NS FL 4 P/S #25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hospitalized

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Venting a little bit, but I feel this is extremely nit-picky by NS. My thought process for this was if you see someone touch a hot stove, they will react physically. Wouldn't mirror neurons be activated when you see someone have this reaction? On the other hand, theory of mind is your own belief about yourself and understanding emotions/context of ideas (vaguely, I suppose -- their explanation is "Theory of mind involves being able to take another person’s perspective, an activity that would involve mirror neurons.")

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 6.56.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 6.56.44 PM.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 84
For A, B, and D the assessment requires thinking about a similar situation in your own life that mirrors a situation you're seeing to understand it.

A person that has a mirror neuron dysfunction could still touch and assess some object in the same way that a regular person could.

I think C is describing a situation where two people individually touch something and assess it, rather than one person watching another touch something. These ones are the toughest where we have to interpret both the question and answer choices.