May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone taken NS FL 7 and beyond??? I took NS FL #9 yesterday and it completely demolished me... and I scored a 504...Has anyone else noticed the NS FLs getting harder??? Are they running out of the high-yield material and just using all the low-yield material??

Also is it just me or are the NS FLs CARS section tough as well?? I've heard that NS 108 CARS is unrealistically difficult...is that the same for the NS FLs CARS (especially the FLs beyond #7)??

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
NS 108 CARS is absolutely insane. I believe it is great practice though. Anytime I'm taking a Verbal section outside of that book I feel super confident.

OP
JohnWall69
May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I thought 6 was hard. I havent taken 7 yet
Yeah #6 was hard, but I found #9 to be soul-crushing...not sure if anybody else has had this experience. It doesn't seem common that people buy all 10 NS FLs

NS 108 CARS is absolutely insane. I believe it is great practice though. Anytime I'm taking a Verbal section outside of that book I feel super confident.
I wonder if their NS FL CARS are the same as the NS 108 CARS...if so, then I've witnessed death itself...

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Yeah #6 was hard, but I found #9 to be soul-crushing...not sure if anybody else has had this experience. It doesn't seem common that people buy all 10 NS FLs

I wonder if their NS FL CARS are the same as the NS 108 CARS...if so, then I've witnessed death itself...
I took NS 2 the other day the day after taking ,if I recall correctly, the 3rd Cars section in NS 108. I got like a 55-60% in the 108 book and the next day i got an 85%. Albeit n=1, my score jump speaks volumes about the difficulty of the 108 book.

Hospitalized

5+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I took NS 2 the other day the day after taking ,if I recall correctly, the 3rd Cars section in NS 108. I got like a 55-60% in the 108 book and the next day i got an 85%. Albeit n=1, my score jump speaks volumes about the difficulty of the 108 book.
NS2 CARS is ridiculously easy. I got 128 on it and 122 on AAMC scored over a month later with 6 practice exams and 2 CARS QPacks in-between. YMMV

Reactions: Mr. otcoD

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
NS2 CARS is ridiculously easy. I got 128 on it and 122 on AAMC scored over a month later with 6 practice exams and 2 CARS QPacks in-between. YMMV
...I'll get back to this thread when I take NS 3 later this week.

Zen Arcade

2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone taken NS FL 7 and beyond??? I took NS FL #9 yesterday and it completely demolished me... and I scored a 504...Has anyone else noticed the NS FLs getting harder??? Are they running out of the high-yield material and just using all the low-yield material??

Also is it just me or are the NS FLs CARS section tough as well?? I've heard that NS 108 CARS is unrealistically difficult...is that the same for the NS FLs CARS (especially the FLs beyond #7)??
I've taken #7 and the C/P of that section was absolutely ridiculous. I figured it out later, however, that some of the stuff on it you can only figure out if you reviewed momentum/impulse which are not tested on the new MCAT. Plus the fact that several questions would reasonably take 4-5 minutes to figure out, I'd say that they are way harder than what the actual exam will be like. I also find their CARS hard as well... the wording is so weird sometimes in the questions and they like to throw super difficult passages at you, which is good i guess. Just take it with a grain of salt and press on

OP
JohnWall69
May 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I've taken #7 and the C/P of that section was absolutely ridiculous. I figured it out later, however, that some of the stuff on it you can only figure out if you reviewed momentum/impulse which are not tested on the new MCAT. Plus the fact that several questions would reasonably take 4-5 minutes to figure out, I'd say that they are way harder than what the actual exam will be like. I also find their CARS hard as well... the wording is so weird sometimes in the questions and they like to throw super difficult passages at you, which is good i guess. Just take it with a grain of salt and press on
Thank you for those words! Good to know I'm not alone...I'll try to press on