NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would we be notified if we're on the waitlist? How do we know if we're on the waitlist, I have not received a call and I have not received a rejection either.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the rejection letter....hope you guys enjoy the program

Members don't see this ad :)
yea couple of weeks after the interview i got a letter in the mail
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope whatever you end up doing is a good alternative for you. Don't let this stop you or get you down. You made it to the interview and that is something to be proud of. I have to believe that one door closing just means there's something better waiting for us.

I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope whatever you end up doing is a good alternative for you. Don't let this stop you or get you down. You made it to the interview and that is something to be proud of. I have to believe that one door closing just means there's something better waiting for us.

It happened to me. Best of luck to the both of you. Don't give up!

Would we be notified if we're on the waitlist? How do we know if we're on the waitlist, I have not received a call and I have not received a rejection either.

I was notified through the mail. Has anyone from the alternate list got accepted?

Congrats to all who got in from the beginning! :) And to the ones that made it to the alternate list.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind, students who have been accepted must make their deposit. There is a waitlist, so if some students do not make a deposit, students will be pulled from the waitlist.

do you know how long the students have to make their deposit? most schools give 30 days but i havent heard anything about nsu. still holding out hope about getting off waitlist

do you know how long the students have to make their deposit? most schools give 30 days but i havent heard anything about nsu. still holding out hope about getting off waitlist

You have 2 weeks from the day you were informed that you were accepted into the program to make the first $500 deposit. Then you have until July 15 to make the $500 deposit. It's in your best interest to make them both immediately because there is a set of emails that do not get sent to you until you make the second deposit.

I got in off the waitlist so definitely keep a positive mindset. Good luck. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Received my rejection letter today in the mail, was hoping I had made it to the waitlist at least. Congratulations again to those who made it through and those on the waitlist I hope you hear back soon!

How were you informed you got off the waitlist? I'm still an alternate hoping to make it in.

How were you informed you got off the waitlist? I'm still an alternate hoping to make it in.

How did you know you were an alternate? Did they send this to you? I was trying to figure out my status before I received the rejection letter but I'm guessing they're very busy because I couldn't get a reply by phone or email.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you know you were an alternate? Did they send this to you? I was trying to figure out my status before I received the rejection letter but I'm guessing they're very busy because I couldn't get a reply by phone or email.

I received a letter in the mail informing me I was alternate. The letter said not to email or call regarding our status, but I feel like some deadlines have passed and I still have not gotten a status update.

Has anyone heard back from the alternate list? Its been a while and I haven't heard anything. I want to have hope, but I'm not sure when we are supposed to hear back or if we will...

I know this cycle has clearly just ended, but I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to still view the application? Any help is appreciated

Congrats to everyone that got in!

The best advice I can give you guys now is to sleep, relax, travel and be with family and friends. This year is going to be the most challenging but most rewarding year in school you've ever had.

To those that didn't make it see if you can talk to Dr. Dribin about what was lacking in your application. Work on it this year and apply again next year. I knew someone once that tried 3 years in a row and finally got in. Good luck and don't give up.

Hello everyone,
Feel free to post comments/questions/inputs if you are applying to the 2016 cycle. Current Biomeds in the program browsing through, your input/tips will be greatly appreciated. Good luck!

What is the average GPA and DAT admitted to this program for the dental Track. On the site it says the minimum GPA required is 2.5 but I am looking from averages of admission like from 2.8-3.5 make an average of 3.2. Also, has anybody applied late and still gotten in, I am taking my DAT in march of next year and the deadline for applications into this program is April 1st. Thank you

I got accepted and i am doing the dental route. to those who got accepted do you guys have any idea where you are going to live like on or off campus?

Congrats do you mind sharing your stats? Gpa and Dat

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can somebody please help me with the application to this program? When I go to fill out the application, and I select "Masters" for the parts that asks "which type of degree am i applying for", what do I click for anticipated program of study? i do not see anything about biomedical science. Please help!!!

Can somebody please help me with the application to this program? When I go to fill out the application, and I select "Masters" for the parts that asks "which type of degree am i applying for", what do I click for anticipated program of study? i do not see anything about biomedical science. Please help!!!
What are your options for that portion?

Did you ever find out why? I am having the same problem too when I try creating my graduate account. When I had called, they said you cannot see it until January 1st when the app. opens up.

Does anyone know of you have to take the MCAT again after the first year of this masters program to get into the osteopathic school at Nova? Or is it you just get A's and B's in the masters program and then you qualify for the osteopathic school. Can someone please clarify this. Thank you!

Does anyone know of you have to take the MCAT again after the first year of this masters program to get into the osteopathic school at Nova? Or is it you just get A's and B's in the masters program and then you qualify for the osteopathic school. Can someone please clarify this. Thank you!

From what I understand, you won't have to! Because they're accepting you based on the scores and GPA that you've gotten so far. If you get A's and B's then you'll just have to go through an interview which is just for formality. But if you want to double check, just give them a call. They're really good at getting back to you ASAP, at least in my experience!

From what I understand, you won't have to! Because they're accepting you based on the scores and GPA that you've gotten so far. If you get A's and B's then you'll just have to go through an interview which is just for formality. But if you want to double check, just give them a call. They're really good at getting back to you ASAP, at least in my experience!

When I talked to them though, they said having a higher MCAT/DAT score would increase your chances of getting an interview/acceptance. so if you feel like it's low, try retaking it if it's possible. Even though I'm sure that's terrifying to think about.

Anyone that was accepted to this program at NSU mind sharing their GPA and MCAT. I have a 3.3-3.-4 and 490 on the mcat. Do I have a chance?

Current Dental MBS here and I agree with this! This program is difficult and extremely stressful at times but yet the best thing I could have done to prepare for dental school. Feel free to send any MBS or dental school questions my way and good luck with interviews! We (MBS) will be there to help you guys on interview day and during your MBS year! :)

What kind of stat you need to get in this program. 3.8 GPA and MCAT on low 500 would that average. Also if you maintain B grade do you have to retake MCAT?

Has anyone heard back? or When are we supposed to hear back?

Hey guys! I'm currently finishing the MBS program and getting ready to start my D1 year. If there is anyone with any MBS Dental questions, please feel free to ask me here! Good luck with upcoming interviews! :)
What kind of stat they are looking. GPA , mcat and what classes. If you can share that would be great

Thanks.. Do not need to go to this program any more. She got 506 MCAT.

Guys just an FYI ^^^ is some applicant's mom who won't stop with the harassing messages... Please don't encourage her. She messaged me with questions which I promptly answered and provided her with link to NSU's admission contact and program requirement page but she doesn't seem to believe mine or others responses and won't stop with the questions. It seems to me that she is stubborn on forcing her kid to go to medical school.

Guys just an FYI ^^^ is some applicant's mom who won't stop with the harassing messages... Please don't encourage her. She messaged me with questions which I promptly answered and provided her with link to NSU's admission contact and program requirement page but she doesn't seem to believe mine or others responses and won't stop with the questions. It seems to me that she is stubborn on forcing her kid to go to medical school.
Just for your knowledge my kids are in direct medical program and fortunately will be accepted to medical school this cycle after getting required MCAT and GPA. For Nova Biomed program you require 504 MCAT and not 51o, I received email from admission officer. I was asking genuine question and yes I never have to force kids they are passionate and motivated.

Just for your knowledge my kids are in direct medical program and fortunately will be accepted to medical school this cycle after getting required MCAT and GPA. For Nova Biomed program you require 504 MCAT and not 51o, I received email from admission officer. I was asking genuine question and yes I never have to force kids they are passionate and motivated.
Incorrect. Had a friend get admitted last year with a 497 MCAT.

just A's and B's. No need to retake MCAT. it is a bridge program.

Current med MBS here! If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know

I have applied to this ms program about a month ago. Does anyone know when do the interviews start and end?

Last edited:
Current med MBS here! If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know
Hey just a few questions:
1. Is attendance mandatory and are lectures recorded?
2. How often are you tested, and did you find the tests to be fair from the material that was covered?
3. What is your opinion of the quality of the lectures and professors?
4. Dress code?
5. Would you happen to have any details of the COA, I cannot find anywhere how much you are provided for housing and food etc.

I have applied to this ms program about a month ago. Does anyone know when do the interviews start and end?
hi there is another thread for this program for 2017 cycle that might help you stay up to date. Seems like last year II were sent out starting at the end of april. Interviews were conducted end of april to beginning of may.

hi there is another thread for this program for 2017 cycle that might help you stay up to date. Seems like last year II were sent out starting at the end of april. Interviews were conducted end of april to beginning of may.

Do you have the linked for NSU 2017 MS program?

II today. 3.26 sGPA, 510 MCAT, completed mid-March.

Any recommendations on hotels? Preferably some that give discounts to NSU students?

Hey just a few questions:
1. Is attendance mandatory and are lectures recorded?
2. How often are you tested, and did you find the tests to be fair from the material that was covered?
3. What is your opinion of the quality of the lectures and professors?
4. Dress code?
5. Would you happen to have any details of the COA, I cannot find anywhere how much you are provided for housing and food etc.

1. No and yes
2. MBS and First year: almost every week. 2nd year-1x per month and then 1x a day for a week a month later. Most tests are fair. Some harder than others. Sometimes there are mistakes made in the questions, which can be frustrating.
3. The quality of the professors is pretty low imo and the lectures are as well. Some classes are better than others but I'd give them a C collectively.
4. You must wear ceil blue scrubs to everything.
5. cost of attendance is extremely high. I max out FASFA and Grad plus and still barely make it.

Last edited:
1. No and yes
2. MBS and First year: almost every week. 2nd year-1x per month and then 1x a day for a week a month later. Most tests are fair. Some harder than others. Sometimes there are mistakes made in the questions, which can be frustrating.
3. The quality of the professors is pretty low imo and the lectures are as well. Some classes are better than others but I'd give them a C collectively.
5. cost of attendance is extremely high. I max out FASFA and Grad plus and still barely make it.

Thanks for responding I really appreciate it.

1. No and yes
Have you been accepted to the medical school?