NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my rejection letter without any reason :(

Members don't see this ad.

Lol same I can't sleep at night knowing that I won't know what I am doing with my life until end of May...
Yes that's the exact feeling I have, I can't stand not knowing what will happen with my life. I don't know about you guys but I feel that if I can't be a doctor I don't know what else I can be good at lol

Reactions: 1 user
What?! Really?! When did you submit your app? When was it completed??
Oh no :/ ughhhh, don't worry there's still other options. You can do Caribbean schools, you'll have to work a little harder to stand out, but it's definitely doable! Don't give up, and don't let this stop you from getting what you want!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel the same way, looking for others option in dentistry :(

I called them today and they said that a decision haven't been made on my file. They said that I should receive something within 2-3 weeks!

Oh ok, I got nervous thinking they were already making admission decisions. I'm sure you'll get one this week, stay positive! I know there's still two dates that are open, I check every couple of days out of curiosity.

Oh ok, I got nervous thinking they were already making admission decisions. I'm sure you'll get one this week, stay positive! I know there's still two dates that are open, I check every couple of days out of curiosity.
Where do you see the dates available for II? In a link in the email they send with the II?

Last edited:
only 2 dates left that means if they are full about 10 more interviews...praying im one of them and all the fellow posters as well

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students post a weekly class schedule?

I just checked my application on the NSU website and noticed that some information from my application is missing including all of my essay responses. Does anyone know the significance of this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my application on the NSU website and noticed that some information from my application is missing including all of my essay responses. Does anyone know the significance of this?
There were a TON of glitches in their application system this year-not your fault. Happened to me as well, what I did was created a word document that contained every essay question and answer, and sent it by email to the admissions office with my NSU ID, and they just attached it to my application file. I also called to confirm after I sent the email so I knew that they knew about the situation. Good luck!

They could also have reserved two spots for each

Or ...12 they interview 6 every date.
That's good to know! I didn't know that it was only 6 applicants per interview date. Thanks for the info!

I went to check my application online and noticed that the section where they ask for anticipated area of study and what degree I had earned was blank. A section I had completed, it's required if not you're not allowed to submit the application. Is this the case for anyone else, or is it just me?

Hey guys, I went to the open house this Saturday. The Dean was there and he had a lot of great things to say about the program. He said there are only 6 dental spots and 34 medical spots for this year. The admissions counselor said that they sent out nearly half of the invitations already and acceptances will not go out until all interviews are finished.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I went to the open house this Saturday. The Dean was there and he had a lot of great things to say about the program. He said there are only 6 dental spots and 34 medical spots for this year. The admissions counselor said that they sent out nearly half of the invitations already and acceptances will not go out until all interviews are finished.
Thank you for this information!

Thanks for the info!...Did they say by when they expected to send out the remaining II? Thanks

I think Tuesdays are a trend for interview invites. I wish you guys luck and hope you all recieve an interview!

Reactions: 4 users
I think Tuesdays are a trend for interview invites. I wish you guys luck and hope you all recieve an interview!

Hey guys so I just went to nova because I wanted to speak with one of the admissions counselor, and was told that they were making final decisions on the process. I'm pretty sure they're deciding on who will get interviews next, I'm guessing that we will be hearing back tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
I would greatly appreciate advice from current M1/MBS students regarding my situation…

I’ve recently been invited to interview for the MBS program at NSU. I’ve also been accepted to another DO program as a first year med student, located out of the state of Florida (I’m a FL resident). The school where I have been accepted only has one hospital clinical site in FL. Their other clinical sites are located within the State of the school. I would like to know if this jeopardizes my chances of receiving a residency spot in FL due to the lack of exposure and auditioning time during my clinical years.

From my understanding a FL residency spot certainly isn’t an issue for NSU-COM graduates given they’ve earned it. Because of this, I am seriously contemplating whether or not I should become an MBS student and suck up the extra year in lieu of becoming an M1 at the out-of-state school.

So, at the end of the day my questions are:
1. Is my thought process with respect to residency correct and am I thinking this over rationally?
2. Would I have just as good of a shot in securing a FL residency spot regardless of school?
3. Has anyone, or know of anyone, that has given up an acceptance as a first year to go through NSUs MBS program because of this reason?

So check this out. I am also a resident in FL and got an interview at nova as well. I work at florida hospital as a scribe and they have multiple residency programs that link with DO schools in Florida such as FMRS and a few of our EM residents are from lecom, and nova etc. so hopefully that may help you.

You don't need to go to a Florida school for a Florida residency.

As interviews are possibly going out tomorrow I want to encourage everyone that whatever God's will is for each of lives individually is a PERFECT will. God may not always choose the qualified but He always qualifies who he chooses. I pray that Christ opens the door for us to have this opportunity and I am believing and excited for what He is going to do through us. Stay encouraged friends

Reactions: 8 users
Good luck tomorrow to everyone waiting on an II (I hope they go out tomorrow)! And also best of luck to those interviewing in a couple days!!!! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences :claps:

Reactions: 3 users
As we all are expecting II to be sent out today, if neither of us hear anything, it may very well be that they may be sent out some other day this week. And if some of us do not hear anything despite some receiving II, previous threads show that normally 2 to 4 batches of II are sent out so we may hear something next week as well. Overall, do not get discouraged! Let's all pray and hope for the best and.... good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I went to check my application online and noticed that the section where they ask for anticipated area of study and what degree I had earned was blank. A section I had completed, it's required if not you're not allowed to submit the application. Is this the case for anyone else, or is it just me?

It happened with mine, too. I don't know why. I called about it but they just referred me to the help desk.

Happened to me as well. I called and they said it wouldn't have let me submit unless I had put it. Seems their IT stuff isn't the best.

Happened to me as well. I called and they said it wouldn't have let me submit unless I had put it. Seems their IT stuff isn't the best.
I'm glad it's not just me. That's what I was thinking, that it's a required field so we wouldn't be able to submit unless we completed it. Hopefully this doesn't affect our application.

Best of luck to all who are interviewing Wednesday and Friday! I know it is easier said than done, but try to relax and enjoy the experience! Current MBS students will be there if you need anything. Feel free to continue to private message me any concerns or questions you guys might have!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Having read the forums from previous years and this one included, it's nice and refreshing to see how helpful and supportive everyone is. I applied 2/5 and haven't heard back yet but I wish all of you good luck. To those waiting to hear, I'll be sweating and sleepless right along with you.

Good luck for those interviewing tomorrow!!!

No one has posted about it so i'm assuming they didn't send them out today unless anyone here knows differently

I want to find out why they denied my application, can anyone know to who I should email or call?

I want to find out why they denied my application, can anyone know to who I should email or call?
I have Mellisa Chamberlin's #: 954-262-1110. She deals with admissions but good luck getting her to pick up the phone

Reactions: 1 users
I figured since they were conducting interviews this week they would be delayed in sending IIs. This is more painful than waiting for MCAT scores.
yea i guess well goodluck to everyone interviewing

~Positive vibes~

I know Dr. Dribin is reviewing applications for the past few days I can only assume they are putting together the next batch of interviews