NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello again! are you still waiting to hear back from NOVA? I don't really say this to many people but I AM ROOTING FOR YOU! hope this helps with encouragement!
please keep me posted-- :)

Hey Yes I am, how is everything going? Im rooting for you as well

Members don't see this ad.

It seems as if only dental applicants have gotten interviews today. Congrats. I want to encourage us all that did not get an interview today that God is strategic. Just because something may seem DELAYED, does not mean that we are DENIED! Keep the faith
Well said! I'm very happy for you all who got II today! You guys deserve it and I wish you the best of luck in the interview!!! You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Something I just remembered...there will be a waitlist. Last year, during the first week of school a seat opened up for the medical mbs and someone on the waitlist was called and decided to join us. So, don't get discouraged! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys thank you for the kind words, this isn't over! I wish the BEST to those that received interviews today, you all deserve it! To those of us who didn't it is ok, let's all stay strong!

Reactions: 2 users
So my guess is and I may be incorrect, they are sending out more than two interview invites because everybody I have seen are dental students.

Hey guys, I got an invite today and I'm med track. Interviewing the 26th. Goodluck to everyone still waiting and interviewing. Keep trying, it ain't over til you give up.

For those who were given II today, when was your app submitted/complete? Thanks!

Hey guys, I got an invite today and I'm med track. Interviewing the 26th. Goodluck to everyone still waiting and interviewing. Keep trying, it ain't over til you give up.
Thanks! Good luck to you as well on the interview!

I submitted Jan 8th

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey all,

I thought I would share: I still see three dates available for interview invites! Maybe more will be sent out? Hang in there. :banana:

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all,

I thought I would share: I still see three dates available for interview invites! Maybe more will be sent out? Hang in there. :banana:
That is great news! Would you mind sharing the available dates? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
How's everyone feeling? :banana::bang:
Freaking out lol I called all 4 numbers I have for nova and was only able to speak to the front desk. I wanted to ask for my status, but she wasn't really able help me much. I'll let you guys know if I am able to get in touch with them and get some information.

Freaking out lol I called all 4 numbers I have for nova and was only able to speak to the front desk. I wanted to ask for my status, but she wasn't really able help me much. I'll let you guys know if I am able to get in touch with them and get some information.
Ha I feel you! If you find out something, we'd all really appreciate it! We just wanna know if more II will be sent out! :rofl:

Ha I feel you! If you find out something, we'd all really appreciate it! We just wanna know if more II will be sent out! :rofl:
My organization at school is hosting a DOC Expo and we invited Nova maybe I can get some info from there! I will keep you all posted! I think I've been stressed about medical school for like a year.... It's like it never ends lol but it will all be worth it!

So my guess is and I may be incorrect, they are sending out more than two interview invites because everybody I have seen are dental students.
My brother applied for the medical rout and he received his interview along with me the pre-dent yesterday. Although i do wish everyone thats waiting as of right now the best of luck. From previous years what I have seen is that there is a waiting list and they do call if someone decides not to go for the MBS once getting in since they have gotten in on a waiting list at another school. And again if anyone else has questions feel free to ask. I went to the open house a week and a half ago and must have asked a dozen questions to the dean.

Hey all,

I just wanted to update this a little bit as of right now there are two dates available from what i see its the 16th and 17th

I just wanted to update this a little bit as of right now there are two dates available from what i see its the 16th and 17th
Thank you for the update! Hopefully they remain open and they send out more invites!

If you can please keep us updated with this, we will truly appreciate it. Thank you.

I just spoke with her even. She said they just sent some notification out and I should be receiving something in the mail shortly. I had to call front desk in order to get her to pick the phone.

For those of you that were accepted or rejected . How did you get your notifications? Do they just send rejections in the mail ?

I just spoke with her even. She said they just sent some notification out and I should be receiving something in the mail shortly. I had to call front desk in order to get her to pick the phone.
So they won't be sending ou any more invites?

So they won't be sending ou any more invites?
I think they are still reviewing the remaining applications as two dates are still available but meanwhile, maybe they are sending notifications in the mail to applicants that will not be extended an II... Don't quote on me this though lol

Ok yes I spoke with Melissa, and she told me the same thing that they sent out notifications by mail. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't think it's good though :/ they've been sending out all the invites by e-mail.

The director said last week that acceptances won't be sent out until the end of May and that final decisions are not made until everyone has been interviewed. When I was accepted I received an email and then shortly after I received a phone call from the director congratulating me on my acceptance...both these were received on the same day. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 users
See you the 28th!

I mean 26th whoops lol***

In previous posts they were rejected by e-mail. Why would the be mailing decisions now?

Hey guys so I spoke with admissions representative of NOVA, and she told me that from what she knows Dr. Dibrin already sent out the last batch of invites, so most likely the letter being mailed is a rejection letter unfortunately :/ Remember we can always apply next year and there's also Caribbean schools so don't get discouraged!

i sure hope so! I have similar stats and resume to SMcK_dental except 27 MCAT so I hope I didn't get passed over :( i need this so bad!

Any med track people get II today?

Your MCAT may be too high... I would email Dribin and explain your circumstances... typically they go for lower MCAT and higher GPA... the reason is because if you have a high MCAT they suggest reapplying to med school etc...

Hey guys so I spoke with admissions representative of NOVA, and she told me that from what she knows Dr. Dibrin already sent out the last batch of invites, so most likely the letter being mailed is a rejection letter unfortunately :/ Remember we can always apply next year and there's also Caribbean schools so don't get discouraged!

Also, keep in mind sometimes people change their mind last minute and decide not to do the program. We had that happen, and she replaced their spot with someone else. Keep your head up.

Also, keep in mind sometimes people change their mind last minute and decide not to do the program. We had that happen, and she replaced their spot with someone else. Keep your head up.
Thank you!

The people that get brought up from the waitlist would be people that received interviews though right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my rejection letter in the mail today :(

Looking forward to meeting you on the 26th!

I personally would assume so, but I'm not sure
Yes, it would be from someone on the waitlist... Remember its not over until its over. I am a firm believer that if you want something that bad you just have to keep at it... If you received rejection letters, I would suggest maybe emailing and asking advice on how to be a stronger applicant or maybe find some connections and get more letters in. If you have any connections, know any doctors, dentists etc anyone influential it would not hurt to get letters sent in. Write a letter of intent. Be real, explain what your situation is and why you think this program will help. Do not sit on your thumbs.. At the end of the day its always better to do all that you can, then to sit there and wonder what if...

For those of you with high stats and were denied, I would suggest taking this time to try your MCAT one more time. If you were rejected its probably because they believe in you. I know its hard to hear that but do not take it as a negative thing. They see that you are worthy to belong somewhere and do not think you should put yourself through this program which they consider like a bootcamp to get us into shape... be flattered and keep your head up and keep pushing... they genuinely want wants best for you, and I know thats hard to hear when you are trying and are not good enough for one thing and too qualified for another.. Make contacts, get in touch with anyone you know. If you reapply next cycle your chances are probably greater because they see that you are trying, they just want to make sure that you exhausted all efforts to be where you belong, and if by next cycle you find you still are having trouble getting into med school, dental school etc... they will acknowledge that. Stay positive.

Reactions: 3 users
One last thing, for those that are still interviewing, a little bit of advice, be HUMBLE around anyone you may encounter on interview day. You were chosen to interview for a reason, you are qualified and have the potential. Everyone interviewing is equally deserving and is there for the same reason. Just keep that in mind.

Reactions: 3 users
One last thing, for those that are still interviewing, a little bit of advice, be HUMBLE around anyone you may encounter on interview day. You were chosen to interview for a reason, you are qualified and have the potential. Everyone interviewing is equally deserving and is there for the same reason. Just keep that in mind.
Thank you for the Indepth answers and advice!

Sent from my SM-G925V using SDN mobile

Hey guys, as promised as of right now there are still 3 days available the 5th,17th and 18th. Wish you guys luck for those of you still waiting.

I have a really really dumb question...where exactly do we go for the interview..?

Hey guys, as promised as of right now there are still 3 days available the 5th,17th and 18th. Wish you guys luck for those of you still waiting.
If all interview invites have been sent out, how is this possible? Are they possibly waiting confirmation from those they have invited for an interview? Is there any chance those rejected might get an invite if those dates have not yet been filled?