NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a weird email, but in summary it said that my application is still being reviewed by the committee lmao
I received that email 2 weeks before my acceptance. So don’t worry.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
On my Financial aid page;
COA is $68,718
If its not too much to ask (totally understand if it is) would you mind typing out how the $68,718 breaks down into the categories they provide on their COA breakdown? Just want to understand how much $$ they're placing into each category (ex. tuition, living, personal expenses, education materials etc.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you can post a photo or screen snippet on SDN. I’d like to see the breakdown also.

Hey Guys, If you are attending NSU in fall 2020. I created a facebook group so we can stay connected! Just search NSU Masters of Biomedical Sciences 2020. See you there!
I couldn’t find this page!

If its not too much to ask (totally understand if it is) would you mind typing out how the $68,718 breaks down into the categories they provide on their COA breakdown? Just want to understand how much $$ they're placing into each category (ex. tuition, living, personal expenses, education materials etc.)
Unfortunately, after I accepted my financial aid...I am unable to see that breakdown. It’s no longer showing on my financial aid page. maybe someone who hasn’t accepted their FA can show you? So sorry.

Unfortunately, after I accepted my financial aid...I am unable to see that breakdown. It’s no longer showing on my financial aid page. maybe someone who hasn’t accepted their FA can show you? So sorry.
No worries! Thanks for getting back to my question anyways:)

Do we know when the latest is that they can notify us with a decision? I applied a couple weeks ago

Do we know when the latest is that they can notify us with a decision? I applied a couple weeks ago
Last I spoke to Nikki, decisions can be issued as late as August, she did not specify a date however

I'm still waiting on a decision as well. Is there a way to check our status on the portal or will they be notifying us via email?

I'm still waiting on a decision as well. Is there a way to check our status on the portal or will they be notifying us via email?
Not that I am aware of. I believe the only way of confirming status is by calling Nikki directly (she seems to be the main/only point of contact). I believe she issues out decision notifications as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I am aware of. I believe the only way of confirming status is by calling Nikki directly (she seems to be the main/only point of contact). I believe she issues out decision notifications as well
I havent sent any emails or made any calls to them. I've been accepted to another MBS program but still wanted to get into NOVA. Do you think I should send her an email..? just asking for an update on my application....?

I havent sent any emails or made any calls to them. I've been accepted to another MBS program but still wanted to get into NOVA. Do you think I should send her an email..? just asking for an update on my application....?
My understanding is that she’s not very responsive via email. Calling her would be your best bet! Earlier in the thread there was an applicant who called her an actually received noticed of an acceptance. However many of us are still “under review” so I wouldn’t be too surprised if that’s an answer you receive. But no harm in calling to inquire! she’s receptive to calls from my personal experience

My understanding is that she’s not very responsive via email. Calling her would be your best bet! Earlier in the thread there was an applicant who called her an actually received noticed of an acceptance. However many of us are still “under review” so I wouldn’t be too surprised if that’s an answer you receive. But no harm in calling to inquire! she’s receptive to calls from my personal experience
Do you know where I can find her contact info?

Inemaile
Nope, but the deadline was just today lol (no extensions please), so hopefully people didn’t pay & they offer us next week!
I emailed Nikki and she replied saying that they don’t have a final decision for my application yet. And when they do they will notify me via mail and email. I’ve been accepted to another MBS program and we start July 15th so I hope NSU notifies us soon so that I can Make my decision. Has anyone else heard back?

I have a strong inkling August will be my response date

Has anyone received any recent updates?
Thanks in advance!

Not yet...I've been checking USPS informed delivery since they tend to mail out decisions before emailing them. Hopefully we hear something this week!

Just got off the phone with Nikki. We should be anticipating some news this week!

Just got off the phone with Nikki. We should be anticipating some news this week!
Lmaooooo PLEASEEEEEEEEEE lets get an A this week!!!
First drinks on me when we get down there, Amen!!!
*socially distancing of course*

Reactions: 4 users

I just called Nikki and she said no update on when they’re notifying us / no deadline she could give me . She did say they’re working as fast as possible to get back to us though hahaha.

I just called Nikki and she said no update on when they’re notifying us / no deadline she could give me . She did say they’re working as fast as possible to get back to us though hahaha.

Lol I just called too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was going to call but then i saw this thread and im convinced she hates us lol

i was going to call but then i saw this thread and im convinced she hates us lol
Yeah I’m gonna give sis her space LOL! I’ll wait till Friday, but hopefully I’ll receive a response before then.

Reactions: 2 users
Did she mention the same as previous?

She told me I’m still under review and no updates since May 4, which is when I received that weird email. She says the committee basically has til Aug 1 when the application deadline is.

Has anyone tried the NSU reset password thing as mentioned before?

I was able to log in to the shark link thing but still no word so ifk if it’s a real hack lol

Did your username go from "null" to an actual username? I hope this means good news lol

I haven’t tried in a while. But it was null at first. I’m going to try tonight when I get to my laptop. Idk if it’s good if I haven’t heard back

I still don’t understand how some of us can be under review for 3+ months. I hope we get good news, if not today then at least tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
Even if I’m not the one getting news I hope they update someone anyone we’re all in limbo and it’s a long and uneventful wait

I’m so annoyed all I can do is laugh.
I called & here’s how it went:
“Hey good afternoon! I wanted to know if there was an update on my application?”
“No there’s no update, when there is you’ll receive email & mail correspondence, but until then you’re still under review”
She then gave me the info to change my address & told me that there are still spots in the program, she just can’t tell me how many.
She didn’t even ask for my name LMAO...
You told one student that we’ll be anticipating answers this week, & now there’s no updates at all??
I would like some transparency at this point, bc waiting till August 1st doesn’t help anyone as there’s still no guarantee that it’ll even result in an A, so again, all I can do is laugh LOL

I’m so annoyed all I can do is laugh.
I called & here’s how it went:
“Hey good afternoon! I wanted to know if there was an update on my application?”
“No there’s no update, when there is you’ll receive email & mail correspondence, but until then you’re still under review”
She then gave me the info to change my address & told me that there are still spots in the program, she just can’t tell me how many.
She didn’t even ask for my name LMAO...
You told one student that we’ll be anticipating answers this week, & now there’s no updates at all??
I would like some transparency at this point, bc waiting till August 1st doesn’t help anyone as there’s still no guarantee that it’ll even result in an A, so again, all I can do is laugh LOL

This is so incredibly disheartening. I don't mean to go full Karen here but It's not the first time we've received contradictory information and, frankly, it's so damn unprofessional. I'm sorry if my earlier post got your hopes up; I should know by now not to trust anything I hear over the phone until I see a written A or R.

This is so incredibly disheartening. I don't mean to go full Karen here but It's not the first time we've received contradictory information and, frankly, it's so damn unprofessional. I'm sorry if my earlier post got your hopes up; I should know by now not to trust anything I hear over the phone until I see a written A or R.
Hahahahahahaha, “full Karen” I screamed!!
You are totally ok & not at fault, & again thank you for even letting us know what you heard! It’s important for us to at least hold them accountable on here. I’m still walking forth with faith & believing for an A, but this process is unfair to all of us.
Let’s continue to pray for an A whenever it does happen!

It’s looking very August-ish. I’ve vowed to leave her alone and just wait while I study for the DAT to keep myself distracted

Just hijacking the thread to say I hope everyone here gets in. I've deferred my acceptance but have kept an eye on what's going on here and just hoping everyone hears the news they want soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Just hijacking the thread to say I hope everyone here gets in. I've deferred my acceptance but have kept an eye on what's going on here and just hoping everyone hears the news they want soon.
You’re a real one bruh! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Hi everyone, to save anyone the trouble of calling, I just spoke with Nikki; at this point, it's not even worth reaching out. I tried to inquire as to why I may be under review for the past 2+ months (essentially any weak points that I can use this time to build upon) and without even taking my information she said she doesn't have any information for me. If the committee needed more information from me, she would have reached out to try to obtain, thus if I haven't heard from her, its because its not needed.
Take home message once again was (verbatim): If you are still under review it basically mean you have not been accepted nor denied, you are essentially on hold. When I have information, I will reach out to you the applicant.

I just wish they would tell us why are applications are on hold..