NSU Master of Biomedical science 2020 Fall & Winter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a phone call yesterday from NSU, they got all my documents and the committee will start reviewing my file for winter.
Hopefully they let us know on things a little sooner this time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm no email but class is already 3 days in, not sure what's going on with your situation.
lol well im already in another program so idk why they were still considering me and i had already told them to give up my spot >.<

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol well im already in another program so idk why they were still considering me and i had already told them to give up my spot >.<
Nice! If you don’t mind me asking what program did you get into?

So how do you apply for winter with the same LOR and Transcripts?

So how do you apply for winter with the same LOR and Transcripts?
Once you submit your application you will get a call shortly after saying that your application is complete and that they transferred over all your letters, statements, and transcripts.

Once you submit your application you will get a call shortly after saying that your application is complete and that they transferred over all your letters, statements, and transcripts.
What is shortly after ? Hours or a day or two? Lol

Hi I am applying to this program for 2021, can you apply for both fall and winter start? and is there an advantage to either?

Hi I am applying to this program for 2021, can you apply for both fall and winter start? and is there an advantage to either?
You can only apply to one but if you apply for fall you can use that same app for winter as long as you pay the fee again.

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me I couldn’t just use mine :( I had to rewrite my essays I’m waiting for them to transfer my LORs tho before I submit my new essays

I went ahead and submitted a payment last night. Hopefully they can give me a call soon and let me know.

Same here. Did everything transfer for you automatically yet?
Just a heads up when you apply, it will seem as nothing transfered. Like the application will say not received or to upload essays. However, wait a day or 2 and it will then transfer

They told me I couldn’t just use mine :( I had to rewrite my essays I’m waiting for them to transfer my LORs tho before I submit my new essays
Really!? That’s weird that they didn’t transfer everything over from your other app. Did you call or email Nikki about it?

I applied for Winter and only got a phone call. Still waiting! ugh

I reapplied yesterday and I called today to find out if all the supplemental items will be transferred from my previous application and they said yes it will automatically do so but it takes some time to process (3-5 business days is the timeline they gave me). I will keep checking back but they said no need to resend anything.

So I’m past the one month mark now and haven’t heard anything. I’m not expecting much difference as far as response time given how long it took for the fall application. Had anybody else heard anything back yet for the winter?

So I’m past the one month mark now and haven’t heard anything. I’m not expecting much difference as far as response time given how long it took for the fall application. Had anybody else heard anything back yet for the winter?
Nothing yet. Still waiting.... ;(

Hey guys, I will be applying next year and was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what makes a good application for NSU specificically? they only ask for letters and min 2.5 GPA - my gpa is 2.5 so I am hoping to strengthen my application with more supplemental info where possible.

Do they factor in DAT say if I take it and get a 24+?

I would just make sure that your pre-dental prerequisite courses are no lower than B’s and also do as much clinical work, shadowing, volunteering as possible. Don’t stress so much on having everything clinical because apparently a lot of these programs like to see well rounded applicants with experiences in things other than healthcare that will make them a better clinician.
Hey guys, I will be applying next year and was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what makes a good application for NSU specificically? they only ask for letters and min 2.5 GPA - my gpa is 2.5 so I am hoping to strengthen my application with more supplemental info where possible.

Do they factor in DAT say if I take it and get a 24+?

Haven’t heard anything since the call back in August. Hopefully it’s not like last time where essentially they waited till the last minute.

I would just make sure that your pre-dental prerequisite courses are no lower than B’s and also do as much clinical work, shadowing, volunteering as possible. Don’t stress so much on having everything clinical because apparently a lot of these programs like to see well rounded applicants with experiences in things other than healthcare that will make them a better clinician.

I have 3 years experience working as a dental assistant, 4 years leadership experience (1 year president of an organization, 1 year exec board member of pre-dental club), 200 hrs volunteer hours, and a part time side business of 4 yrs that depicts my hand motor skills.

i am trying to get into a masters program despite my 2.5 gpa ... :(

Last edited:
I have 3 years experience working as a dental assistant, 4 years leadership experience (1 year president of an organization, 1 year exec board member of pre-dental club), 200 hrs volunteer hours, and a part time side business of 4 yrs that depicts my hand motor skills.

i am trying to get into a masters program despite my 2.5 gpa ... :(

You sound like you have a lot of experience. Just make sure to depict that in your responses to the essays. You at least are at the minimum GPA, I think if you explain why your GPA is low and how you have grown, they will be understanding.

I also applied for NSU's MSBS winter term, still waiting on my LoRs, but I'm looking to make a comeback from my subpar GPA in undergrad. Fingers crossed we all get in!

You sound like you have a lot of experience. Just make sure to depict that in your responses to the essays. You at least are at the minimum GPA, I think if you explain why your GPA is low and how you have grown, they will be understanding.

I also applied for NSU's MSBS winter term, still waiting on my LoRs, but I'm looking to make a comeback from my subpar GPA in undergrad. Fingers crossed we all get in!

thank you so much! all the best to you as well

Question: Does anyone have specific guidelines they use to help their recommenders? I'm using my work supervisors (doctor and CRC) since I've been working in clinical research for over a year now. Just looking to assist them in the process, while making sure important characteristics are addressed.

Question: Does anyone have specific guidelines they use to help their recommenders? I'm using my work supervisors (doctor and CRC) since I've been working in clinical research for over a year now. Just looking to assist them in the process, while making sure important characteristics are addressed.

I am wonderining the same thing because some post bacc programs want your references to address specific questions.

Does anyone know what the "NSU Self-Report Form" is under the supplemental items? I couldn't find that form. Also, It has been over a month since my phone call, and still did not hear anything. Trying to keep my head up this cycle is difficult for me. I am also applying to several other schools, including dental.

Does anyone know what the "NSU Self-Report Form" is under the supplemental items? I couldn't find that form. Also, It has been over a month since my phone call, and still did not hear anything. Trying to keep my head up this cycle is difficult for me. I am also applying to several other schools, including dental.

Found it: Master of Biomedical Sciences

Attachments

• self-report-form.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Care
Thank you! Do I have to make a new application for Winter 2021? I just have it under areas of interest.
yup! what did you write under the gap time section? I would've wrote about my shadowing/volunteering experience but didn't do that because of COVID.

yup! what did you write under the gap time section? I would've wrote about my shadowing/volunteering experience but didn't do that because of COVID.
I was able to work with my dentist even during COVID.

So I just spoke with Nikki and she said she should be receiving notices to be sent out for acceptance for the winter semester this week.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey did you guys receive the email saying they were reviewing your application before you got the acceptance call or did they just call you out of the blue? Trying to determine if I’m going to get wait listed again.

Hey did you guys receive the email saying they were reviewing your application before you got the acceptance call or did they just call you out of the blue? Trying to determine if I’m going to get wait listed again.

Yes, I got the email as well, but I have not received a rejection/acceptance call yet. I am scared it means I'm waitlisted again

Yes, I got the email as well, but I have not received a rejection/acceptance call yet. I am scared it means I'm waitlisted again
When I last spoke to Nikki, which was last week, she said they hadn't even begun to review applications. Clearly, based on the acceptance of the two people above, they have now, but I don't think you would be wait listed that fast. Have hope!