NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicnic221

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I haven't seen a thread this years cycle so I decided to make one. If anyone is applying this cycle, feel free to post any comments and questions on here.

I just applied!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just applied as well! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
What are your stats like? I have a 2.5 and a 24 DAT. I dont know if I'll get in

Hi guys! I haven't seen a thread this years cycle so I decided to make one. If anyone is applying this cycle, feel free to post any comments and questions on here.

I just applied!
Thank you for opening this thread. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle !!!

I have a 3.5 GPA, 3.4 sGPA, and an AA of 19. Wishing everyone lots of luck!

Turning in my application soon (pre-dental) 3.1 sGPA 3.5oGPA 19 AA 20 PAT
Currently waitlisted for the dental program. Good luck to everyone!

Hey guys! One question where do I send in my transcripts and MCAT scores to?

Give them a call and let them know you want to transfer your scores! They will do it for you.

what do u guys think dat 16? already have masters in biomedical sciences . can i still applied for nova mbs progmme for this cycle?

Hey! I made a thread under the Pre-Med forum but it isn’t getting as much replies as this one. I’ll stick around here for any important info. :) I applied 1/29/18 and got the call that everything was submitted on 1/31/18.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey I M thinking to applied now do u think I M too late for it now. What's day score needed please?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys! first of all good luck to everyone applying this cycle. I have a quick question, how do you send your MCAT score to NSU? NOVA isn't list in the AAMC website for scores to be send electronically. Please help! thank you

hi guys! first of all good luck to everyone applying this cycle. I have a quick question, how do you send your MCAT score to NSU? NOVA isn't list in the AAMC website for scores to be send electronically. Please help! thank you

Master's programs aren't enlisted with AAMC that's why lol. You either print the report and mail it physically which the address is listed on their website (that's actually how I did it) or save it and send it by email amsqc @nova.edu

Master's programs aren't enlisted with AAMC that's why lol. You either print the report and mail it physically which the address is listed on their website (that's actually how I did it) or save it and send it by email amsqc @nova.edu
Thank you very much! I just emailed it to that email you provided and going to mail it out this afternoon just in case. Thank u again :)

Hello Applicants!!!
I am from Miami FL, I was wondering, out of curiosity from which states are you guys applying from?
Thanks

Has anyone called to see how the process is moving along? :) I’ve seen on the previous years’ threads that they began calling for interviews in late March.

Has anyone called to see how the process is moving along? :) I’ve seen on the previous years’ threads that they began calling for interviews in late March.
I called last week and they said my application is under review. Yeah i don't think we will hear back until the end of March

Did anyone had interview for nova mbs ?

I'm waiting also. According to last year, people hear back almost at the end of March and early April.
Yeah, my bet is that interviews won’t be sent out until the first week of April. I believe last year e-mails were sent April 6th or so...

Can previous student share classes timetable for this program please?

Heyyyy guys current MBS student for MED route. We have been swamped with exams lately and hopefully we can get some more MBS students on this thread to give feeback. Ill spread the word to the group and even try to get a dental MBS student on here too.

I heard that interview invites should be on the same schedule as last year. With that said, you should start hearing something by the end of March to the start of April. Last year invites didnt go out all at once. So if you dont hear anything when people start posting. Then dont freak out. They go out in batches through the month of April.

Feel free to message me with questions and ill try to respond as quickly as possible. But like I said we have exams weekly. So its just been a bunch of non-stop cramming. So I apologize in advance if it takes me awhile to respond or see any new posts.

Can previous student share classes timetable for this program please?
Classes started at the end of July and went till about mid December. We started Winter semester January 2nd and we end May 4th.

The Fall semester exam schedule was more clumped together; on the other hand, this semester has the exams spaced out weekly basically 2 weeks after the start until we finish.

Hope that answers your question

Reactions: 2 users

I just applied!
Hey have you heard anything back yet??
I applied too and am eagerly awaiting some response!

No, not yet! I hope we hear back this week or the next!

Do u guys know in application 7/7 means application is completed?

Do u guys know in application 7/7 means application is completed?
Does anyone else’s say 5/5 ? I’m confused as to why some people have 7/7 ? I applied for the MED route this cycle as well

Does anyone else’s say 5/5 ? I’m confused as to why some people have 7/7 ? I applied for the MED route this cycle as well
I believe it depends on how many transcripts you have to send in. 2 letters of recommendation, application fee, MCAT score, or DAT if you are dental, and at least 1 transcript would mean 5 items to be complete. Any more transcripts will just add to the total number.

Heyyyy guys current MBS student for MED route. We have been swamped with exams lately and hopefully we can get some more MBS students on this thread to give feeback. Ill spread the word to the group and even try to get a dental MBS student on here too.

I heard that interview invites should be on the same schedule as last year. With that said, you should start hearing something by the end of March to the start of April. Last year invites didnt go out all at once. So if you dont hear anything when people start posting. Then dont freak out. They go out in batches through the month of April.

Feel free to message me with questions and ill try to respond as quickly as possible. But like I said we have exams weekly. So its just been a bunch of non-stop cramming. So I apologize in advance if it takes me awhile to respond or see any new posts.

Hey, I was wondering if you could specify the exact requirements needed to be accepted into the NSU DO school after? Also, are there any stats on how many students from MMS actually make it into the DO school?

How do I know my application is completed ?

Hey, I was wondering if you could specify the exact requirements needed to be accepted into the NSU DO school after? Also, are there any stats on how many students from MMS actually make it into the DO school?
I believe they are the same as the MBS program in terms of pre-reqs needed to be taken before hand. The only difference would be the MCAT score in my opinion. The MBS program is intended for those who are still competitive applicants but may have scored lower in a section on the MCAT or may have a slightly lower GPA than what the NSU-COM requires you to have. It doesnt say online, but it has been stated numerous times while being in the program that it is 100% guarantee acceptance to the school of medicine as long as you get an 80% or higher in all classes as a final grade.

This has been true as well in previous years. The students who got the grades were able to matriculate in and the students who were unfortunatley under the 80% had to repeat another year of MBS. During the 2nd year you would retake the class you got a C in as well as a few new classes; as well as research I believe.

You DO NOT have to retake MCAT nor retake anymore classes outside of the MBS program once completed. We are actually dressed in the same color scrubs as the DO students and we take all the main science courses with them and take the same tests. We dont take their electives. So this program is to see if we can handle medical classes by getting 80% or higher.

Did anybody get an email about their pharmacy program but didn't apply to their program, and didn't mention anything about being interested in pharmacy school in the application for the MBS? I got an email from them about their pharmacy program but I didn't request any info.

Did anybody get an email about their pharmacy program but didn't apply to their program, and didn't mention anything about being interested in pharmacy school in the application for the MBS? I got an email from them about their pharmacy program but I didn't request any info.
Yes I got one too.

ok I just wanted to make sure. Anybody get an interview yet?

ok I just wanted to make sure. Anybody get an interview yet?

nope! From what I lurked from past years threads, it could start tomorrow or next week..... Anxiety is definitely kicking in lol

Does anyone know when the classes start? Is it in the fall or summer?

Does anyone know when the classes start? Is it in the fall or summer?
Classes for the medical school begin July 30th this year. For MBS, if they do as they did last year (where we start off the Tuesday of the first week), then classes would start Tuesday, July 31st for MBS.

Don’t quote me on this, but for sure expect to start at some point the week of July 30th if you get accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve been lurking the past threads, hopefully we hear something back in the next few days. The anxiety is killing me! Good luck all :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hi just wanted to share this because I know everyone is wating impatiantly but I spoke to someone at the university and they said that they have groups selected already but emails will go out the week of the 18, I’m not sure how accurate this info is, but that’s what they told me...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Thank you for the update

Time to anxiously wait another two weeks

I’m freaking out. I check my email everyday.

Lol this week it not going to happen, maybe next week tho

Question is everyone here pre dental ? Because I noticed that this is under pre-dental forum:rolleyes:

Don't freak out, be patient. I spoke to one of the professors responsible for the mbs program this week and they said they still had a significant amount of files to go through. No official date has been shared yet on when interviews start but I would think e-mails should be sent out at the end of next week (the week of April 8th), if not then some time the week after (the week of April 15th), or unfortunately even later if they can't go through them as quickly... That is just an assumption based on the amount of files they still had to go through. Anything earlier than that I would be a little surprised. The best of luck to you all, both dental and medical! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out, but please keep in mind we may not respond right away since we're in the middle of studying for exams.