NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven’t heard :(. I guess that means I didn’t get in. Are y’all in state or out of state?
I’m in state. Don’t lose hope, anything can happen. Stay positive and never give up on your dreams.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a fb page? Anyone start looking at apartments by campus? If so which ones?

For those who have been accepted and have paid the deposit online, how do you get your NSU ID? I tried retrieving it from SharkLink but it said unable to find a record..

Members don't see this ad :)
I
For those who have been accepted and have paid the deposit online, how do you get your NSU ID? I tried retrieving it from SharkLink but it said unable to find a record..
If you received the acceptance email there’s attached documents and on the letter it will have your ID above the bar code

It’s also on the email of the interview invite

The only thing I’m worried about is aid. I never did this year’s FAFSA because I didn’t know if I’d be in school and idk, it just skipped my mind. Now idk how everything will work in terms of aid.

The only thing I’m worried about is aid. I never did this year’s FAFSA because I didn’t know if I’d be in school and idk, it just skipped my mind. Now idk how everything will work in terms of aid.
We can’t submit? I hadn’t applied for FAFSA yet and I’m working on it. I’m hoping we still get financial aid

I just submitted and the amount they state I “might” be awarded is nowhere near the 70k estimated cost. I hope we do get enough financial aid.
At Midwestern we get get limited financial aid. We then supplement with grad plus loans. I assume it is the same for you.

I just submitted and the amount they state I “might” be awarded is nowhere near the 70k estimated cost. I hope we do get enough financial aid.
Oh getting loans for sure is how we would have to pay. I’m just hoping to minimize that as much as possible. Idc if I’m in debt my whole life lol. I’m just so happy I’m on my way to becoming a doctor.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh getting loans for sure is how we would have to pay. I’m just hoping to minimize that as much as possible. Idc if I’m in debt my whole life lol. I’m just so happy I’m on my way to becoming a doctor.
For real

At Midwestern we get get limited financial aid. We then supplement with grad plus loans. I assume it is the same for you.
Yes I believe for all grad/professional students we can get $20,500 direct stafford loans each year and then we have to supplement the rest with grad plus loans, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in state. Don’t lose hope, anything can happen. Stay positive and never give up on your dreams.
same here i am loosing hope now too cause no interview yet

Do you guys happen to know when we find out the orientation date?

Thank you! Do you think we will get more info on it? Time, where to meet, etc.
You’re welcome! & most definitely. I remember them saying we will be emailed our class schedules and more info once the acceptances went out. I’m sure we’ll be receiving more informative emails within the next couple of weeks!

You’re welcome! & most definitely. I remember them saying we will be emailed our class schedules and more info once the acceptances went out. I’m sure we’ll be receiving more informative emails within the next couple of weeks!
Perfect :) I’m so excited! Can’t wait to meet you all.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, it said on the acceptance packet that once they give us access to the portal we will be informed of stuff we might be missing and hopefully our schedules. During the tour the current MBS students did tell us that we will need an iPad for the tests, and scrubs.

Does anyone know how to log in to waive the NSU health insurance ?

Also has anyone gotten their NSU email , Webstar log in info or Sharklink ID via email ?

Also, it said on the acceptance packet that once they give us access to the portal we will be informed of stuff we might be missing and hopefully our schedules. During the tour the current MBS students did tell us that we will need an iPad for the tests, and scrubs.
Yes!!! They had advised me to purchase the iPad Pro. I’m looking into that. Apple gives student discounts. :) also the scrubs have to be a certain color, I believe it’s called ciel blue but I’m not 100% sure. I was wondering if they had any other policies regarding sneakers/colors, types of sweaters you can wear, book bags, etc. Just wondering if they had any other guidelines we need to follow.

Did anyone got letter from nova?

Also has anyone gotten their NSU email , Webstar log in info or Sharklink ID via email ?
I’m still waiting on my info and I paid my deposit two weeks ago. Hopefully we recieve it all this week!

Will be in Davie/ Fort Lauderdale Area this weekend to look around for apartments. If anyone wants to meet up let me know. Also, someone should create a FB page for this class.

Hey guys,

My name is Harsh Patel and I got accepted into the MBS program as well. I have created a Facebook group and if you were accepted, please send a request to join. Send me a friend request on Facebook and message me letting me know you are going to confirm Nova's acceptance. It might be hard to find me since there are millions of Patels out there lol, so you can search for me through the college I went to for undergrad which is Nova Southeastern University. Please message me if you aren't able to find me!

Hey guys,

My name is Harsh Patel and I got accepted into the MBS program as well. I have created a Facebook group and if you were accepted, please send a request to join. Send me a friend request on Facebook and message me letting me know you are going to confirm Nova's acceptance. It might be hard to find me since there are millions of Patels out there lol, so you can search for me through the college I went to for undergrad which is Nova Southeastern University. Please message me if you aren't able to find me!

I cannot find you lol. Can you post the fb page in here?

Just search NSU-MBS Class of 2018-2019 on Facebook then request to join

Hey guys! Thanks to help by @happyhandshake, I was able to find it. I went on fb mobile and searched on the search bar “NSU-MBS Class” and then on the filters right under the search bar I clicked groups. It’s the only result that comes up. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Thanks to help by @happyhandshake, I was able to find it. I went on fb mobile and searched on the search bar “NSU-MBS Class” and then on the filters right under the search bar I clicked groups. It’s the only result that comes up. :)
Found it, thanks.

Can some people who got in please post your stats (GPA, sGPA, MCAT, research, volunteering, etc.) for those of us who are holding to get in next year? Thanks I’m advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Can some people who got in please post your stats (GPA, sGPA, MCAT, research, volunteering, etc.) for those of us who are holding to get in next year? Thanks I’m advance!

GPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: 499 when applied, got a 504 but after being accepted.
Research: Did research with children who have ADHD and Autism in an after school treatment program setting.
Volunteering: Michael Fux center at Nicklaus Children’a Hospital.
Other stuff: Medical mission trip to St Lucia; Shadowed a psychiatrist and anesthesiologist/plastic surgeon; Member of Phi Delta Epsilon Premedical Fraternity; worked as a tutor; physics learning assistant; a lot of karate stuff (leadership roles, etc.); psychology major.

That’s most of what I can remember for now. Lol. I think as long as you have a solid gpa and low MCAT, you’re a good candidate. Everyone who got accepted in the program is different!!!! :) and they got in because they were themselves and were able to transmit their love for medicine effectively. Don’t use anyone as a comparison. Just be yourself and I’m sure you’ll get in!!!

Hello Guys , I am going to apply for this Masters next year and I would like to see if someone can help me.

I already submitted my dental application, do I need to request new letter of recommendation from my professors or can I used the same one from my application submitted to their Dental program?

What are the stats need it to get accepted. I have a. 3.45 and 18AA

Hello, does anyone know what the essay prompt was for the MBS program? I was hoping someone could help me out to get started on next years application as a MED route. Please, it would really help me out.

can anybody speak about the linkage of this program to the DO program

can anyone please speak of the linkage ? like does this program offer a clear conditional acceptance or no

can anyone please speak of the linkage ? like does this program offer a clear conditional acceptance or no
yes if you score 80% or above

Does it say in the acceptance letter that it's a conditional acceptance
No you are not conditionally accepted into the dental program. If and only if you score 80% or above then next year you will be allow to reguster as a D1 but this doesn’t mean that if you get accepted into the master then you get a conditional acceptance into the dental program .

No you are not conditionally accepted into the dental program. If and only if you score 80% or above then next year you will be allow to reguster as a D1 but this doesn’t mean that if you get accepted into the master then you get a conditional acceptance into the dental program .

so what does the acceptance letter say

so what does the acceptance letter say
You get a separate letter in your acceptance email/ packet that explains if you maintain a B in each course you will matriculate into the dental school.

You get a separate letter in your acceptance email/ packet that explains if you maintain a B in each course you will matriculate into the dental school.

does it say you have to have a successful interview.