NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your application went under review in March?
I applied in March and received the acceptance email on April 1st. I received the actual letter in the mail today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m taking not hearing back for 3weeks after the “under review” email as sign at this point. Which sucks because they are my top choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Damn they got your app, reviewed it and decided on you within a month?

Congrats to you!!!
I was really shocked!! After I applied I received a call from them that said it takes about 6-8 weeks so I wasn’t expecting to hear back so soon!

Anyone here get accepted with a GPA under a 3.0?

How long did it take to get an email saying your application was under review after they called and said your application was completed and being sent off?

How long did it take to get an email saying your application was under review after they called and said your application was completed and being sent off?
like months. I got the email on April 1st and got the call February 16th.

Does anyone have any info on the percentage of students that get accepted into the osteopathic Medical school?

For the people who got in, Does the letter of acceptance tell you how long you have to decide before you put a deposit down?? Like two weeks or something?
Yea, it gives you a deadline to respond and pay your seat deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted student received anything on financial aid, medical record requirements, or orientation?

Have any accepted student received anything on financial aid, medical record requirements, or orientation?
Not yet. I emailed the director of the program back in March and she says that we will likely receive a package in May with additional information including orientation date, etc.

Just received a call and got offered a spot! Please let me know if anyone else gets in. Best of luck to all of you!

Reactions: 5 users
I think she is making calls today so everyone be on the look out and she calls from a “no caller ID” so make sure to answer!!

There is a Nova MBS Fall 2021 group on Facebook if anyone is interested in joining

Do you guys mind sharing your stats?
3.56 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA 2 years as a research assistant/ lab technician, hospital volunteer hours, and 3 lors. Also did a lot of medical clubs and volunteer stuff in undergrad. Hope that helps and best of luck

Hey guys! So I applied around the beginning of March and just received an acceptance. I should have looked into this before but didn't. Does anyone know the requirements for the guaranteed interview into the MD program. I read in a previous thread that your overall GPA (including undergrad?) has to be a 3.5+ and 500+. Maybe I read it wrong, not sure. So far, I have an acceptance into TouroCOM-Middletown, LECOM-Erie, and Touro-Nevada master's program. I'm trying to weigh my pros and cons, and IT'S SO HARD! If you guys have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! So I applied around the beginning of March and just received an acceptance. I should have looked into this before but didn't. Does anyone know the requirements for the guaranteed interview into the MD program. I read in a previous thread that your overall GPA (including undergrad?) has to be a 3.5+ and 500+. Maybe I read it wrong, not sure. So far, I have an acceptance into TouroCOM-Middletown, LECOM-Erie, and Touro-Nevada master's program. I'm trying to weigh my pros and cons, and IT'S SO HARD! If you guys have any insight, it would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats to you! I’ve heard it’s difficult to guarantee the interview and they are incredibly picky with their requirements and you must meet all of them—no exceptions. I’ve heard great things about Touro and LECOM. I haven’t gotten in, so I cannot weigh in. But I wish you luck in your journey :)

Hello everyone! just wanted to share that I was accepted today. I believe my application was complete and under review 3/22. I am currently deciding between this program and LECOM-Bradenton. I had a 3.4 GPA 2.9 sGPA so there is hope for those who feel their stats aren't that strong! I am a Georgia Tech graduate and do have many hours shadowing, scribing and in population health research. Best of luck to everyone!<3

Hello everyone! just wanted to share that I was accepted today. I believe my application was complete and under review 3/22. I am currently deciding between this program and LECOM-Bradenton. I had a 3.4 GPA 2.9 sGPA so there is hope for those who feel their stats aren't that strong! I am a Georgia Tech graduate and do have many hours shadowing, scribing and in population health research. Best of luck to everyone!<3
Congrats on your acceptance! Wherever you decide to go—you will do incredible! Wishing you the BEST of luck 😊

Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
Just got in today,
2.7ugpa, 3.57grad gpa (online program), excellent LORs, 4 years of undergraduate research, over 3k clinical hrs experience.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got in today,
2.7ugpa, 3.57grad gpa (online program), excellent LORs, 4 years of undergraduate research, over 3k clinical hrs experience.
If you don't mind me asking, what grad program did you complete?

Has anyone applied to the master of biological science with health studies concentration program?

If you don't mind me asking, what grad program did you complete?
I did liberty's university online masters degree, I finish August 20th and matriculate to Nova August 23rd

Hey yall, I spoke to Dr. Beckler today (the MBS program director). Specs for guaranteed interview to their MD program is a 503 on the MCAT and a 3.5 MBS gpa.

Hey yall, I spoke to Dr. Beckler today (the MBS program director). Specs for guaranteed interview to their MD program is a 503 on the MCAT and a 3.5 MBS gpa.
Thanks! I got an email from Nikki yesterday about the requirements. I’ll post it for reference.

Attachments

• A7E86153-8A99-4BAA-9492-5CD71BE9B8DC.png
    A7E86153-8A99-4BAA-9492-5CD71BE9B8DC.png
    358 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: 2 users
I rlly don't understand why the minimum GPA to apply is a 2.5 if they want a 3.0.

Like I know medical students with post bacc/ masters GPA of 3.6 or higher and a undergrad GPA of a 2.9-275 and a high mcat. What is suppose to happen to the kids who excel in the masters program but have a terrible undergrad GPA and a 505 mcat.

I rlly don't understand why the minimum GPA to apply is a 2.5 if they want a 3.0.

Like I know medical students with post bacc/ masters GPA of 3.6 or higher and a undergrad GPA of a 2.9-275 and a high mcat. What is suppose to happen to the kids who excel in the masters program but have a terrible undergrad GPA and a 505 mcat.
I would assume if you excelled in the MBS that it would move your overall gpa up to a 3.0. I would double check with Nikki and Dr. Beckler!

Hi everyone! I started a GroupMe for the Fall 2021 class (super early, I know hahah). Feel free to message me if you're interested in joining!

Thanks! I got an email from Nikki yesterday about the requirements. I’ll post it for reference.
the 3.0GPA requirement is kind of redundant, as someone that has had a previous sub 3.0 undergrad GPA, this is definitely concerning

If it's any consolation to anyone waiting, I recently applied a couple of days ago and they have reached out several times for me to send in my supplemental documents. Apparently, they still have seats left to be filled. I did not send in my self report form. I did not get any more calls and was told my application was sent for review. Is that an indication that form is not necessary? Anyone else did not send theirs but was still accepted. I figure my transcripts has the info. No? Last call to send in document was on 4/27.

If it's any consolation to anyone waiting, I recently applied a couple of days ago and they have reached out several times for me to send in my supplemental documents. Apparently, they still have seats left to be filled. I did not send in my self report form. I did not get any more calls and was told my application was sent for review. Is that an indication that form is not necessary? Anyone else did not send theirs but was still accepted. I figure my transcripts has the info. No? Last call to send in document was on 4/27.
The self report form is not necessary. They ask for it but as you said, they have your transcripts. I once asked Nikki and that’s what I was told.

Good luck to you!

Hey guys! I emailed Nikki to get a status on my app since it has been almost a month since I got the email stating they were reviewing everything. She said that the committee has reviewed my app but has not yet made a decision. I don't know if anyone else was told the same thing, but could this mean I likely will not get into the program?