NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! I emailed Nikki to get a status on my app since it has been almost a month since I got the email stating they were reviewing everything. She said that the committee has reviewed my app but has not yet made a decision. I don't know if anyone else was told the same thing, but could this mean I likely will not get into the program?
I received that email on March 15th. I still haven’t heard back. There are some who have applied after I received this email (I applied in January) and have already gotten in. I think this is their way of saying “you’re currently waitlisted.” Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I emailed Nikki to get a status on my app since it has been almost a month since I got the email stating they were reviewing everything. She said that the committee has reviewed my app but has not yet made a decision. I don't know if anyone else was told the same thing, but could this mean I likely will not get into the program?
yep she said the same to me as well and it has been 3 months since I applied!

Reactions: 1 users
I received that email on March 15th. I still haven’t heard back. There are some who have applied after I received this email (I applied in January) and have already gotten in. I think this is their way of saying “you’re currently waitlisted.” Good luck to you!
Thank you! Let's hope we hear back soon :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
yep she said the same to me as well and it has been 3 months since I applied!
Just in case I've applied to other programs too. Nikki said I can hear back from the committee even in August and that's a little too far from now :/

Hello, I applied last week May 4, 2021, and got a called yesterday May 12, 2021 saying my application was being forwarded to the program office for review. Do you all think it's going to still be some seat available? I just found out about this program on Friday, April 23, 2021.

My stats are Undergraduate GPA 2.2 (health issues and did engineering) Graduate GPA 3.0 I took some science courses at two community colleges and my GPA there is 2.652 and 3.300

Hello, I applied last week May 4, 2021, and got a called yesterday May 12, 2021 saying my application was being forwarded to the program office for review. Do you all think it's going to still be some seat available? I just found out about this program on Friday, April 23, 2021.

My stats are Undergraduate GPA 2.2 (health issues and did engineering) Graduate GPA 3.0 I took some science courses at two community colleges and my GPA there is 2.652 and 3.300
If it brings you any comfort. I applied with an undergraduate GPA of 2.7, with a 3.57 Graduate GPA, with 5 years of research, and multiple jobs in the medical field. I wish you the best of luck in your application. Just know you aren't alone :)

They will just email you " your application is under review before anything"
Hello, Okay, I got a call saying it was going for review but I didn't receive an email. I talked to Nikki on Friday, May 14, 2021 she said it will take 2 to 4 weeks before I will hear something back So I hope to hear something by the end of June now. Also, she said spots are still available to I hope I'm able to secure a spot.

If it brings you any comfort. I applied with an undergraduate GPA of 2.7, with a 3.57 Graduate GPA, with 5 years of research, and multiple jobs in the medical field. I wish you the best of luck in your application. Just know you aren't alone :)
Thank you!

Thank you!
I hope they are going in order of the applications they received because I am kind of frustrated they are talking this long. It has been 2 months I applied in march. But hopefully I get into this program or another. Also when I spoke to Nikki in early March she said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to give me an answer and its been 8 weeks as of today haha.

I hope they are going in order of the applications they received because I am kind of frustrated they are talking this long. It has been 2 months I applied in march. But hopefully I get into this program or another. Also when I spoke to Nikki in early March she said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to give me an answer and its been 8 weeks as of today haha

I hope they are going in order of the applications they received because I am kind of frustrated they are talking this long. It has been 2 months I applied in march. But hopefully I get into this program or another. Also when I spoke to Nikki in early March she said it would take 6 to 8 weeks for them to give me an answer and its been 8 weeks as of today haha.
Yeah, I completely understand because I really applied the first week of May but my transcript was still showing that it was not received until last week so I basically lost a week's review depending on when they reveiw the applications. Also, I hope you hear something soon (by the end of the month since you applied in March). So they probably will let you know something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in January lol. I’ve accepted I won’t get it—always another chance next time. Gonna take some time to work on exam scores and do other things to beef up my app!

I wanna say they are cherry picking to make their applications look good but IDK

What were your stats ? If you don’t mind me asking
I applied when the application opened in January with a 3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (took on 5/1), nontrad with 5 years’ work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays/applying early made the difference!

I applied when the application opened in January with a 3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (took on 5/1), nontrad with 5 years’ work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays/applying early made the difference!
Thank you and what were the essays on ?

Would anyone mind sharing their stats ?
2.7 ugpa (cell biology major) 3.6 post bacc gpa from 1 masters program (online). 5 years of research (multiple poster presentation, and 1 publication in the works), multiple jobs in medicine as a PT aide, clinical research coordinator, pt care coordinator, and scribe. 1 MCAT (horrible score), excellent LORs and a basic underdog story in the essays when I applied. Hope that helps you.

Hello! Has anyone heard back from NOVA MBS Program on getting accepted?

Congrats! What were your stats? My friend was accepted back in March but she declined her offer.
cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.1 grad GPA 3.9 MCAT 500. I have like 1300 hours scribing, 5 years of research with some publications, and lots of volunteer experience

I got accepted yesterday! I got a call on April 6th that my application was being sent for review. I called to check the status of my application on May 7th and they said it had not been reviewed yet and to give it 2 more weeks. Yesterday was exactly 2 weeks and I received my acceptance. My grades weren’t really a stand out. I truly believe it was my extensive volunteering record and the essays that helped me. Hope this helps!

I got accepted yesterday! I got a call on April 6th that my application was being sent for review. I called to check the status of my application on May 7th and they said it had not been reviewed yet and to give it 2 more weeks. Yesterday was exactly 2 weeks and I received my acceptance. My grades weren’t really a stand out. I truly believe it was my extensive volunteering record and the essays that helped me. Hope this helps!
Wait, did you have a spot to upload your resume/ CV/ volunteer experience?

I’m noticing a lot of people having a masters before applying - why have 2?

What is upsetting is that people who applied in march have not gotten a decision but the people who applied in April already have acceptances. I am disappointed with the transparency the program has and the way they are managing things. But it could also be the applicants in April are so I really do not know what they are doing.

Anyone know if you’re able to decline the offer after paying the deposit fee & accepting to attend? I am still waiting on some other programs to get back to me.

Congratulations! What were you stats?

I’m noticing a lot of people having a masters before applying - why have 2?
I dont think its about having two masters, each persons reasons are different and I can only speak from my perspective. I completed an online masters degree in molecular medicine. I opted for this MBS program due to the guaranteed interview. I had a cumulative ugpa of 2.7 and 2.4sgpa from undergrad. I manage to offset that slightly with a 3.7 current graduate gpa as my semester just ended. This MBS program will guarantee admission to an allopathic medical school if you reach their set benchmarks. It is a much safer bet than submitting for AMCAS with such low undergraduate stats, hence why I opted for this route over going as a non traditional AMCAS applicant. If I dont reach the bench marks ill have 2 degrees to offset the undergraduate course work, hopefully increasing the odds that I get accepted to another allopathic medical school. (sorry for the long reply, but this is my thought process on it)

Reactions: 7 users
I dont think its about having two masters, each persons reasons are different and I can only speak from my perspective. I completed an online masters degree in molecular medicine. I opted for this MBS program due to the guaranteed interview. I had a cumulative ugpa of 2.7 and 2.4sgpa from undergrad. I manage to offset that slightly with a 3.7 current graduate gpa as my semester just ended. This MBS program will guarantee admission to an allopathic medical school if you reach their set benchmarks. It is a much safer bet than submitting for AMCAS with such low undergraduate stats, hence why I opted for this route over going as a non traditional AMCAS applicant. If I dont reach the bench marks ill have 2 degrees to offset the undergraduate course work, hopefully increasing the odds that I get accepted to another allopathic medical school. (sorry for the long reply, but this is my thought process on it)
I feel like this school is picky. The benchmarks you are taking about are a 505 MCAT, 3.0 undergrad GPA, and a 3.5 in their MBS program. I asked what if they have a 505 and a 3.75 in the program and 2.75 undergrad GPA. Nicki said " no excepts" its a hard cut off. I am saying this because I had high hopes too so I would not put all your ends in one basket.

The other WEIRD thing is that the DO school has a GPA cut off of a 3.0 listed on the website but the MD school websites says that they do not have a GPA cutoff for screening undergraduates.

I feel like this school is picky. The benchmarks you are taking about are a 505 MCAT, 3.0 undergrad GPA, and a 3.5 in their MBS program. I asked what if they have a 505 and a 3.75 in the program and 2.75 undergrad GPA. Nicki said " no excepts" its a hard cut off. I am saying this because I had high hopes too so I would not put all your ends in one basket.

The other WEIRD thing is that the DO school has a GPA cut off of a 3.0 listed on the website but the MD school websites says that they do not have a GPA cutoff for screening undergraduates.
For a program that only requires an undergrad GPA of 2.5, that’s bizarre that they would require you to have an undergrad GPA of 3.0… so the linkage at that point doesn’t even matter?

For a program that only requires an undergrad GPA of 2.5, that’s bizarre that they would require you to have an undergrad GPA of 3.0… so the linkage at that point doesn’t even matter?
Yes I noticed this earlier year but I did not worry about it until Nikki Told me. I left Nikki a voice message a week ago and she still has responded to that or my emails.

My other concern is that some schools look at the forums and I wonder how they think of all the students complaining about process. But in all honesty this is a game and I am tired of waiting.

At the end of the day we can complain about the process and how people are not doing their jobs but honestly this is what I get for not doing well in undergrad to directly apply to medical schools.

Anyways I hope y'all get in somewhere

Yes I noticed this earlier year but I did not worry about it until Nikki Told me. I left Nikki a voice message a week ago and she still has responded to that or my emails.

My other concern is that some schools look at the forums and I wonder how they think of all the students complaining about process. But in all honesty this is a game and I am tired of waiting.

At the end of the day we can complain about the process and how people are not doing their jobs but honestly this is what I get for not doing well in undergrad to directly apply to medical schools.

Anyways I hope y'all get in somewhere
Yeah that’s pretty outrageous honestly. I never leave voicemails or emails with them. I would rather call at all times of the day before that. Because I’ll get an answer right away.

I feel you on feeling like it’s a game. I feel the same way. I’m also tired of waiting. I’m not so much complaining about not hearing back at this point. I accepted that I probably wasn’t going to get in a long time ago. I chimed in because I think the requirement thing is hypocritical.

I also agree—we can complain until we’re blue in the face, but this is what we get for not doing as well as we should’ve in undergrad to be a traditional student. Best of luck to all of you!

I was thinking to apply for the Winter start date, but I no longer see it. Is it full already? Is it too late to apply for Fall? My stats are cGPA 3.54 and sGPA of 3.25/3.3... do I still have a chance?

I was thinking to apply for the Winter start date, but I no longer see it. Is it full already? Is it too late to apply for Fall? My stats are cGPA 3.54 and sGPA of 3.25/3.3... do I still have a chance?
I personally think your stats are good, but I would caution you about applying for fall because they are processing and accepting people up to a couple months after they submit their application. I applied 5/4, got the under review call 5/5 and have not heard back yet! So, if you applied now it could be a while before you hear back. Whatever you choose to do, i wish you the best of luck in your journey!

I personally think your stats are good, but I would caution you about applying for fall because they are processing and accepting people up to a couple months after they submit their application. I applied 5/4, got the under review call 5/5 and have not heard back yet! So, if you applied now it could be a while before you hear back. Whatever you choose to do, i wish you the best of luck in your journey!
Awesome, thank you so much for your input. Did you see the option to apply for Winter? Or do you know if they release the application after Fall semester starts? Hopefully you will hear back with an acceptance soon!! Best of luck to you as well!