NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome, thank you so much for your input. Did you see the option to apply for Winter? Or do you know if they release the application after Fall semester starts? Hopefully you will hear back with an acceptance soon!! Best of luck to you as well!
I’m honestly not sure about the Winter start date application. I don’t see an option for it on the application. My best advice would be to call Nikki tomorrow and ask her about it! :)
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think its about having two masters, each persons reasons are different and I can only speak from my perspective. I completed an online masters degree in molecular medicine. I opted for this MBS program due to the guaranteed interview. I had a cumulative ugpa of 2.7 and 2.4sgpa from undergrad. I manage to offset that slightly with a 3.7 current graduate gpa as my semester just ended. This MBS program will guarantee admission to an allopathic medical school if you reach their set benchmarks. It is a much safer bet than submitting for AMCAS with such low undergraduate stats, hence why I opted for this route over going as a non traditional AMCAS applicant. If I dont reach the bench marks ill have 2 degrees to offset the undergraduate course work, hopefully increasing the odds that I get accepted to another allopathic medical school. (sorry for the long reply, but this is my thought process on it)
Definitely understand. Thank you so much

For the letters of recommendation portion , do the people that you asked submit it or how does that work ?

Members don't see this ad :)
3.8 undergrad 3.7 sGPA and 500 MCAT. also tons of research and MA exeperience
If you don't mind me asking .Why get a masters with your stats being so exemplary? It seems that holistically your gpa would offset your MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 users
3.8 undergrad 3.7 sGPA and 500 MCAT. also tons of research and MA exeperience

If you don't mind me asking .Why get a masters with your stats being so exemplary? It seems that holistically your gpa would offset your MCAT score.
Same SMP/ masters programs are for people with less than 3.4 GPAs. People like this annoy me not to be rude.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't think they accepted students at that level. Wouldn't it be better to gain more experience and build a strong resume instead of an smp in a gap year?

FYI for those applying, I don't know more information than this but someone I know did meet the minimum scores for this program's "guaranteed" interview criteria for med / dental schools and they ended up screwing them over.

FYI for those applying, I don't know more information than this but someone I know did meet the minimum scores for this program's "guaranteed" interview criteria for med / dental schools and they ended up screwing them over.
I want me application fee back at this point. What is the point if they are going to make us wait 4 months.

Has anyone/is anyone planning on moving for this masters? Is it worth the move? I live about 3 hours away.

I feel like this school is picky. The benchmarks you are taking about are a 505 MCAT, 3.0 undergrad GPA, and a 3.5 in their MBS program. I asked what if they have a 505 and a 3.75 in the program and 2.75 undergrad GPA. Nicki said " no excepts" its a hard cut off. I am saying this because I had high hopes too so I would not put all your ends in one basket.

The other WEIRD thing is that the DO school has a GPA cut off of a 3.0 listed on the website but the MD school websites says that they do not have a GPA cutoff for screening undergraduates.
So when I spoke to the program director, the overall GPA including MBS and previous GPAs have to equal 3.0 for the program, so if someone does well in the program its possible to obtain a 3.0 (this is speculative, did not do the math to reflect credit hours etc)

So when I spoke to the program director, the overall GPA including MBS and previous GPAs have to equal 3.0 for the program, so if someone does well in the program its possible to obtain a 3.0 (this is speculative, did not do the math to reflect credit hours etc)
Did you speak to Nikki because she doesn't reply to my emails or voice messages

Members don't see this ad :)
Nikki told me previous years they had only 6 seats available for those finishing an MBS out of 70. This year the system is different you get a guaranteed interview but seats are not guaranteed. To elaborate more on this, the matriculation rate in previous years is nearly 10% which is an improved statistic from 4% acceptance rate at NSU. However, with the new system in play for this cycle and upcoming ones the statistic defaults back to 4% with a guaranteed interview as a garnish.

Nikki told me previous years they had only 6 seats available for those finishing an MBS out of 70. This year the system is different you get a guaranteed interview but seats are not guaranteed. To elaborate more on this, the matriculation rate in previous years is nearly 10% which is an improved statistic from 4% acceptance rate at NSU. However, with the new system in play for this cycle and upcoming ones the statistic defaults back to 4% with a guaranteed interview as a garnish.
In short people of the future. Spend 50 dollars are LECOMS masters program or ARCOM which have a better rep. LMAO you hate to see it.

Hello, has anyone heard back from the MBS Program if you applied last month or in April?

Hello, has anyone heard back from the MBS Program if you applied last month or in April?
I applied March 15 and on May 21st I got an email saying my application is still under review. I emailed Nikki yesterday asking when I can approximately expect a decision and she said it may take up until the deadline which is August 1st.

I applied March 15 and on May 21st I got an email saying my application is still under review. I emailed Nikki yesterday asking when I can approximately expect a decision and she said it may take up until the deadline which is August 1st.
Okay, thank you.

Hi everyone! I started a GroupMe for the Fall 2021 class (super early, I know hahah). Feel free to message me if you're interested in joining!
Do you know any more information about the guaranteed interview after the program?

To know if we have been accepted to the program. I have waited since March 1st and haven't heard anything yet, My application is still under review.
Honestly, I’d just aim to better your app in any way and to try again at NSU next cycle or try another school next cycle. If you happen to get in by the deadline, then great! But if not, you’re not just waiting around. I applied in January and have accepted I’m not getting in

Honestly, I’d just aim to better your app in any way and to try again at NSU next cycle or try another school next cycle. If you happen to get in by the deadline, then great! But if not, you’re not just waiting around. I applied in January and have accepted I’m not getting in
Yeah, I actually applied to other programs so hopefully I get into those if I don't get into this program!

has anyone received any acceptances recently?

I applied in February and the only information I have received is an email stating my app is under review (received in April). Any recent news for anyone?

I applied beginning of June. When do the application for the winter term open?
Also what are some similar programs that do not require test scores at the moment?

Just got an email saying I was accepted into the program a few minutes ago! I didn't receive a call though or voicemail.

I applied on April 4th and received a call on April 5th saying it was being sent to the committee for review. Then I received an email on April 28th saying that my application was in the process of being reviewed with other candidates. Didn't hear anything after that until I got the acceptance email today.

I applied on April 4th and received a call on April 5th saying it was being sent to the committee for review. Then I received an email on April 28th saying that my application was in the process of being reviewed with other candidates. Didn't hear anything after that until I got the acceptance email today.
Do you mind sharing stats? I’ve been waiting for (hopefully) an acceptance for some time now. Just trynna gauge how they are sending out decisions. Thank you and congrats!!!!

Any news from late applicants? I got denied on waitlist to the medical school and applied last week of June but haven’t heard yet. Mcat was 512 and gpa was a 3.3, anyone else still waiting?

Any news from late applicants? I got denied on waitlist to the medical school and applied last week of June but haven’t heard yet. Mcat was 512 and gpa was a 3.3, anyone else still waiting?
Yep I submitted my app in February LOL still waiting

Karen in admissions sent me an email saying there is no cutoff date and they could let me know anytime before orientation in late august. How in the world is that enough time to get student loans and find an apartment, especially with a dog?! Seems like there should be a deadline in place

Karen in admissions sent me an email saying there is no cutoff date and they could let me know anytime before orientation in late august. How in the world is that enough time to get student loans and find an apartment, especially with a dog?! Seems like there should be a deadline in place
Interesting, yah I wonder how much of the class is already full

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has received any responses. Also, no one told me to fill out the self-report form... asked the admissions management team and they said it wasn't mandatory but now a little stressed about it. They said they would give a response by August 1st. Wondering if anyone is on the same boat. I applied beginning of June. Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

Oh also, Nikki no longer works for the program!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has received any responses. Also, no one told me to fill out the self-report form... asked the admissions management team and they said it wasn't mandatory but now a little stressed about it. They said they would give a response by August 1st. Wondering if anyone is on the same boat. I applied beginning of June. Any help would be appreciated thanks :)
Hi, we just had our MBS info session yesterday. I hate to state this, but I think all seats may possibly be filled at Dr. Beckler stated that they have reached their class size of 80 individuals during the info session.

Hi, we just had our MBS info session yesterday. I hate to state this, but I think all seats may possibly be filled at Dr. Beckler stated that they have reached their class size of 80 individuals during the info session.
Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate this :)

Actually, I called Jennifer Pierce (administrative coordinator) and she said they are still reviewing applications and there are still seats open, so don't lose hope to anyone who is still waiting!

Either way thanks for letting me know cause I was able to call back the school to clarify. Cheers!

Hello, I called earlier and talked to Jennifer Pierce this morning and she said the same thing. So I'm waiting and hoping to hear something back.

Actually, I called Jennifer Pierce (administrative coordinator) and she said they are still reviewing applications and there are still seats open, so don't lose hope to anyone who is still waiting!

Either way thanks for letting me know cause I was able to call back the school to clarify. Cheers!
Awesome. I hope you guys get in. I will say they are a little on the disorganized side due to covid.

It is almost August and I haven't heard anything yet. I applied beginning of June.

I never received a rejection, waitlist or
It is almost August and I haven't heard anything yet. I applied beginning of June.

I’m in the same boat, applied in February and I don’t have a rejection, acceptance or waitlist decision.

Do you all think we will e considered for the winter start term if you haven’t heard back?

Do you all think we will e considered for the winter start term if you haven’t heard back?
I think we apply again! I will probably be doing that. I just hoped to receive a decision back a bit earlier since I am an out of state student and will need to consider the living situation and everything super last min.