NSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jabroni108

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am coming to NSUCOM. What's up future classmates? I am from PA and I need to get the hell out of here; so that explains (partly) why I am going to NSU. I need a roommate and some valuable information for NSU. Anything will really help out about relocating to Ft. Lauderdale. So please reply, even just to make conversation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey my name is Laura and I am coming to NSUCOM this fall too. I am from Maryland so I know what you mean about getting out of here. I am thinking about buying a condo instead of renting. I am flying down March 5 to look around and figure some stuff out. Otherwise I know nothing about relocating to Ft. Lauderdale. Well talk to you soon.

Laura

Cool stuff, I think I am going to rent though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jabroni:

What part of PA. Im in West Philly and I'm thinking of attending NSU. I like it a lot. Plus I have to get out of this city

TTYL

AK :D

Hey Laur01:

I think buying a condo is probably a great idea. I thinking about doing the same when I move down there and then having somebody live with me.

Can I ask, why you chose NSU. I need a little reassurance about attending NSU

Good Luck in school
Hope to see you July 29th

AK :)

I am from Lebanon-Lancaster area, but right now I am working at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Fox Chase Philly, and I live in Conshohocken. Why NSU? -its something different than boring PA. I got accepted to PCOM, and they too have an MPH program. NSU and PCOM's costs are essentially the same, but NSU will pay for your MPH education if you are enrolled in the DO program. Thats about it.

PS: I, too, am looking for someone to live with.

Hey Jabroni:

The MPH program is that a full scholarship, I really don't know that that is. I know it is a Master's in public Health, but that's it

Hey how do you like Fox Chase.

Are you interested in Oncology when you get out. Do you know if NSU has some good oncology rotations. (Probably skin cancer mostly, from that beautiful sun)

AK

Jabroni:

I was also accepted to PCOM, but I like NOVA becasue it pays from your 4th and 5th years of education, if you do the OMM Fellowship program. PCOM is just a slight payment of tuition.

AK

Jabroni:

Which school do you think has a better cirriculum, rotations, and residencies. I mean it not like PCOM gets into the best hosiptals in Philly for their rotations (Jeff, Penn, CHOP, Temple)
Do you know how long is the avg day at NOVA
Because when I was at SUNY Buffalo the class day was only 8-12 that didn't seem like enough time in classes. But I don't wasnt to be going to school from 8-4 or 5

TTYL

Adam

Nope, NSU only pays for Masters of Public Health. I am not sure about the rotations questions, but I am interested in surgical oncology (or some sort of surgery option). That would be cool if NSU would pay for your doctorate, but we don't live in dream world. About the length of a class day: go to <a href="http://www.nsu2006.com" target="_blank">www.nsu2006.com</a> there is a sample schedule of an M1 from last year.
peace

oh, Fox Chase is really awesome. everyone is super nice, but i am glad i got a working experience b/c now i know that i will never go for a PhD.

oh, that's <a href="http://www.nsucom2006.com" target="_blank">www.nsucom2006.com</a>

Hey Jabroni
Dean Salvagni sdays he is bringing in more and more research. Are you looking at taking some of the research electives.

I want to find out some of the professor's research interests

I really need to talk to more NSU students to make sure about these rotations and how they compete for residency spots

I think the rural medicine rotation will definitely keep you humble.

TTYL
AK

Hey Jabroni:

Thanks for that website.
I guess class is from 8-4. I guess that is not that bad.
I guess we get what we pay for

If you don't mind me asking how are you paying for the cost of everything.

Are you interested in the army scholarships or is it just loans

TTYL

AdamK :D

Dr AdamK:
I looked into the military options; they want you to do some stuff during your summers of the first 2 years. This is impossible for me if I am going to do the MPH thing, since I would have class during the summer. You can get 38.5K in Stafford Loans, this is what I am applying for currently. I hope that this is enough, but if it's not, then I guess I will have to go to one of the alternative lenders. I am not sure about research electives, I would have to see whats availble. If you find or need anything else, please reply.

just a little info from a fellow classmate:
according to Dr. Terry who is the chancellor at NSU the MPH degree can only be begun after the first year. you first have to be in good academic standing before they will allow you to sign up for classes.
I, too, have been accepted by PCOM and NSUCOM and
I have chosen Florida for many reasons, including the MPH program, the better teachers (especially OMM), the fact that friends of mine will be attending, and let's not deny it... the warm weather. :p Looking forward to meeting you.

daniel

Hey ,
I too am probably coming to NSU. I got accepted into PCOM and am trying hard to decide but NOva is winning out. DOes anyone know about the rotation and residency options for Nova

At NSU you can go tons of places...
most stay in Broward County or in Miami, but some go to Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, Georgia...
I'm doing my cores up in Tampa, and I can also do them anywhere up here, not just the osteopathic hospital, which is real nice because I get both a traditional DO education, but also see what its like for the MD students.

Hi, Congratulations to all of you class of 2006. I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, if you have any questions about the area and places to live, I'll be glad to help!