Nuc Med Salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TRAMD

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went on Salary.com for this info. Hope it is helpful. I am not doing nuc med, but I have a buddy whom is looking into it. I found some numbers on NM salaries and will give other specialties numbers for comparison. The first four numbers under 10 25 75 and 90 represent salaries on the bell curve and their respective percentiles. The 5th number under median is just the median salary (same # make more as make less). The sixth number is the one I would pay the most attention to. This number includes median salary, bonuses and benefits and is the best representation of the true value of what you are making as these things are also valuable. These additions include bonuses, social security, 401k, disability, healthcare, pension and time off. Remember that your salary might be higher in situations where you are paying these things out of your salary . . . that means that it all ends up sort of a wash. Anyways . . . the numbers:

10 25 75 90 Median +B+B
Nuc Med 139k 177k 270k 317k 219k 301k
Radiology 199k 224k 331k 404k 252k 320k
Dermatology 139k 165k 232k 267k 193k 257k
Family Med 106k 120k 158k 179k 135k 180k
Cardiac Surg 183k 266k 488k 593k 371k 473k

Note: Cardiothoracic Surgery was the highest of all the specialities. However, there was no specific listing for Spine surgery (ortho or neuro) which is actually the highest paid specialty.

Maybe I should be thinking Nuclear Medicine . . .

Members don't see this ad.

I had those all spaced out nicely spreadsheet style and the post just ended up all clumped together. I hope you can still get the info out of it.

is the NM salary of those who have done radiology & then Nm fellowship or just pure Nuclear medicine physicians. Please let us know!

is the NM salary of those who have done radiology & then Nm fellowship or just pure Nuclear medicine physicians. Please let us know!

These figures are for those who have done NM residencies (non-rads). The salary is great, unfortunately the these jobs are relatively hard to come by.