nuclear medicine PGY-2 in NYC-area hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

martinD28

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Immediate position in large residency program in New York area. General nuclear medicine, cardiac/peds imaging, PET-CT, and all subspecialties.

Position available can be for one-year, or may be extended to 3 years for full residency.

Please note new ACGME policy that permits a resident to be board-certified in nuclear medicine if they complete one nucs year, and then a radiology residency (allowing double board-certification).

Requirement for this position is completion of a one-year internship. US and foreign-grads are welcome to apply. Excellent research opportunities as well.

Please contact me with any questions at all, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in this Nuclear Medicine (PGY-2) position at NYC. I am a US citizen and a FMG. I did one year of Surgery (Prilim) at NY. I am lving in NY. Please contact me at [email protected]

Immediate position in large residency program in New York area. General nuclear medicine, cardiac/peds imaging, PET-CT, and all subspecialties.

Position available can be for one-year, or may be extended to 3 years for full residency.

Please note new ACGME policy that permits a resident to be board-certified in nuclear medicine if they complete one nucs year, and then a radiology residency (allowing double board-certification).

Requirement for this position is completion of a one-year internship. US and foreign-grads are welcome to apply. Excellent research opportunities as well.

I am very interested in the PGY-2 position for nuclear medicine. I did 1 yr of residency training in psychiatry. I am a US Citizen and a FMG. I live in NYc area. Please email me at [email protected]. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
You PM if full. Can you send me a PM with details please?

Is this position still available? If so, can you PM me with more information?

The position is still available.

You must be available to start now, or soon. You must have completed a PGY-1 year. Due to funding issues, you cannot have completed more than one year of residency to apply.

You guys are insane. I just did Nuc for three years. There is no even single job opening for pure nuc physician in the US after I'm done with my residency. The general public opinion regarding this is it is getting worse than better.

And there are always multiple current openings in nuclear medicine residency programs in this country. Just send emails to the coordinators. Only about 50 programs in this country.

Before you decide you like to jump into nuc med, you need to understand that it is not like family or internal medicine. It doesn't bring job to you. It only can be a transition point. A little bit long. 3 years.:)

Go to Nuclear medicine forum to check out. I know you guys are desperate. But you still need to be sane.

Reactions: 1 user
Another thing I want to point out is:

Generally a program is very unhappy if a resident only wants to stay there for one year. It disrupts the normal organization of a residency program.

If a program says it is OK you do just one year, that is a big red flag.

It reflects big problems with that particular residency program.

Also, my experience is people in nuc tend to deviate from normal. (of course, it is a nice way to describe it.)

Take care. Sorry to see people are going to take torture on a dark road.

I know MartinD28 is going to do radiology.

One fact is probably worth pointing out. It is very very difficult time for radiology residents now. Not many job openings, especially in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Florida. Probably, you have to couple match to a remote rural area after your residency.

But I do wish you good luck in the future. Don't get mad at me. Just try to point out the fact to help people including you.

nuclear medicine's job market is terrible!