Number of applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people applied to dental school this year???

Members don't see this ad.

4200 or "only" 420?? ^_^
I saw the statistics for 1999 (I can not really memorize the exact number). There were 9000 applicants and 4500 people were accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
grettlin,
The 420 was a joke, I guess you don't get out much. Think Amsterdam. I would guess about 9600 people applied this year.

Has there been an increase in the number of applicants the past few years?
I heard from someone that since the economy is bad, less people are applying to Dental school because it is so $$$$
Is this true??
YAH E---any input????

Beagle,

Applicant trend has always been cyclic (up and down)! I too have heard that the trend has been on a downward trend due to the high cost of dental education. As far as the impact of the economy, I have no idea. According to my last post on applicant numbers and trend, there were merely 7000 AADSAS applicants applied for 2002 for ~4400 seats at the end of the application cycle in mid-March 2002 (info directly from ADEA via phone). I strongly believe that the numbers of applicants will start to increase and go up in 2003 cycle. It's just my hypothesis! The number of dental school applicants has been on the lower end, it's gotta go up from here due to the cyclic (sin-wave) curve.

On a side note, did you check your PM? :wink:

yes I read the Pm. haha, you're funny :)
Brought a bright smile to my face!
Why do you think there are more applicants this year (aside from what you already said?)
Goodluck moving back to mich this summer!
And thanks for the offer at Nova!! Who knows, I may take u up on it next year :)