Number of BCPM Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Youngm2194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is 80 credits of BCPM classes a decent enough amount when applying for med school or should I try and take more varied ones to boost my gpa? My science gpa isn't too high now, but I still have to take 36/40 BCPM classes so I should raise it a decent amount. Pretty much I have 13 credits this semester but I'm taking Orgo 2, biology of nervous system diseases, physics 2, and marine bio. Idk if I should add another science class since I don't wanna really take some random useless class and none really fit besides science classes

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you fulfill the medical school requirements with a good sGPA it will not matter how many BCMP courses you took.

In fact, humanities majors actually have the highest acceptance rate to medical school, and they logically would take the least number of BCMP courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk what my science gpa is off the top of my head but my overall is 3.017...I know it's bad but I'm starting my junior year so I have at least some time to make it higher
Edit:
I calculated it and it's pretty much 3.0 exact

Last edited:
Your GPA is incredibly low for allopathic and osteopathic. Concentrate on remaining full-time status in school while boosting your GPA as much as you can.