Number of Credit Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mccarty7

MD Applicant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently got verified, and I was taking a look at my GPA's and stuff. So I am taking 6 hours of summer courses, which are over next Friday. But since they are not complete, my app says I have 89 hours total right now. For the life of me I can't remember which school it was, but in the MSAR I read something about a school requiring 90 hours upon applying.

Does anyone know which school that was?

Also, is that a common requirement, or will I be fine?

Another question. After these summer classes are over, do I need to have another transcript sent to AMCAS or will they automatically get the updates? Confusion!

Thanks!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I just recently got verified, and I was taking a look at my GPA's and stuff. So I am taking 6 hours of summer courses, which are over next Friday. But since they are not complete, my app says I have 89 hours total right now. For the life of me I can't remember which school it was, but in the MSAR I read something about a school requiring 90 hours upon applying.

Does anyone know which school that was?

Also, is that a common requirement, or will I be fine?

Another question. After these summer classes are over, do I need to have another transcript sent to AMCAS or will they automatically get the updates? Confusion!

I think the 90 credit hour is pretty common among most schools. If it isn't, I can almost say for sure that you need to have completed a bachelors degree (which usually has more than 90 credits).

I think the 90 credit hour is pretty common among most schools. If it isn't, I can almost say for sure that you need to have completed a bachelors degree (which usually has more than 90 credits).

I will have completed my bachelors by the time I graduate next may...

After these summer classes are over, do I need to have another transcript sent to AMCAS or will they automatically get the updates? Confusion!

Once you have been verified byAMCAS, you cannot update your transcript information through them. You would have to send the new grade report directly to each school.