Number of schools/Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cju101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
H

Members don't see this ad.

PharmCAS prefers theirs online. You'd notify the intended instructor to make sure they don't mind, then submit their name/email address to PharmCAS. The prof will then get an email from PharmCAS with instructions on submitting the LOR. If your school is not using pharmcas then you'd just follow the school's instructions for submitting LORs.

How many schools did you apply to, during your first round of applying?
I'd like to apply to atleast 3 (Pitt, WVU, and I can't think of a third one)

Another question...How did everyone go about getting their letters of rec.? I have two teachers who I know for sure will write me one, Im still scrambling to think of another one. But did you ask the teachers to submit them online, or did you ask for a handwritten copy?

Thanks

I applied to 3 schools.

I just picked professors from my three most challenging classes where academically I really stood out in the class. One I especially pursued since he had the policy of wanting to interview students before writing letters and that informed me he'd write a great personal letter.

I shot them an email first asking if they had time to meet up to talk about this. If they said yes, I emailed them my personal statement and some additional info about me. I then met with them, gave them the rundown on how PharmCAS works. Pretty much gave them every opportunity to get to know me personally so they could write non-form letters.

I did not need to ask them for a handwritten copy since all of the schools I applied to did everything through PharmCAS.