1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Number of schools/Letters of Rec

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Cju101, May 1, 2007.

1. Cju101

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Farmercyst

Farmercyst From the shadows
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    PharmCAS prefers theirs online. You'd notify the intended instructor to make sure they don't mind, then submit their name/email address to PharmCAS. The prof will then get an email from PharmCAS with instructions on submitting the LOR. If your school is not using pharmcas then you'd just follow the school's instructions for submitting LORs.

4. Lurkerkat

Lurkerkat Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I applied to 3 schools.

I just picked professors from my three most challenging classes where academically I really stood out in the class. One I especially pursued since he had the policy of wanting to interview students before writing letters and that informed me he'd write a great personal letter.

I shot them an email first asking if they had time to meet up to talk about this. If they said yes, I emailed them my personal statement and some additional info about me. I then met with them, gave them the rundown on how PharmCAS works. Pretty much gave them every opportunity to get to know me personally so they could write non-form letters.

I did not need to ask them for a handwritten copy since all of the schools I applied to did everything through PharmCAS.