number of schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holycow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the most number of schools you or someone you know has appiled to?

Members don't see this ad.

amcas : 33
Completed Secondaries : 20

Members don't see this ad :)
All of them.

heh heh

I knew someone who claimed to have applied to all of them. I hope it was just a joke. That would be painful.:eek:

That would be ALOT of secondaries!

Or, sadly, very few . . . gotta figure that if you're applying to that many schools, something about your app makes you think you won't get many interviews.

I applied to 58...sent out 54 secondaries. yea...summer was great.

if i may ask...what are your stats? I am trying to figure out how many schools to apply to...thanks...also, when did you apply?

GPA= 3.78
science = 3.65
280 MCAT

And I'm getting my MPH in spring

primaries out in July, secondaries were sent out from july through september

I completed 28 secondaries (out of 30). Duke pissed me off enough so I didn't bother, and UMass only takes you if you were born here, not just lived here a long time, so I didn't bother finishing (of course they cashed my check then told me that).

I filled out 30 secondaries, have had 5 interviews so far, accepted at 3 schools, waitlisted at 1, waiting to hear from the 5th. Still hoping for another interview or two, but things have definitely slowed down.

Undergrad GPA: 3.2
MPH GPA: 4.0
Post Bacc GPA: 3.8
MCAT: 33Q

UMass only takes you if you were born here, not just lived here a long time, so I didn't bother finishing (of course they cashed my check then told me that).

Your fault for not carefully reading the residency requirements before applying... the admittedly strict definition of MA resident (in terms of application to medical school) are clearly listed on the UMass website.

Your fault for not carefully reading the residency requirements before applying... the admittedly strict definition of MA resident (in terms of application to medical school) are clearly listed on the UMass website.

Actually not entirely true since I was in discussion with a member of the adcom about the fact that the 5 years will fall slightly outside the time of matriculation....it was looking good, when all of a sudden I was told it wasn't happening (after the check was cashed). I would say 50% my fault for thinking they were actually being truthful with me.