Number of seats in international dentist program/adv standing prog for 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKCD

DrKCD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hii friends..i am an International dental graduate from india..I receltly cleared NBDE 1 with a score of 88..I intend to apply for adv standing programs/international dentist programs for yr 2010..While surfing for the information regarding total number of seats available for IDGs in various univ across US, i could not find exact/reliable information...though there is a thread in SDN (excel file), which has given most of the information, but exact estimate of number of seats is not given for all univ..If someone can list the exact number of seats available for year 2010 in ASP/IDP for international dental graduates, it would be of a great help to aspiring applicants like me.

Members don't see this ad.

boston-75
new york-125
loma linda -20to 24
university of calif at los angeles-12
university of michigan-8
UCSF-24
UMN-10
Upenn-26

as far as i know, these are the details.

there are few other schools which accepts international dentists, but they require part 2 and i am not sure of the # of seats in those schools

Members don't see this ad :)
we can find some university's seat at caapid web site

boston-75
new york-125
loma linda -20to 24
university of calif at los angeles-12
university of michigan-8
UCSF-24
UMN-10
Upenn-26

as far as i know, these are the details.

there are also:

UConn: 5
UC: 36
UIC: 24
USC: 32
UTHSCSA: 12-15 not quite sure

Pacific 22
USC- 32
Colorado- 25 (maybe more)
UPenn 23-26
Michigan- 12
Tufts-14
Pittsburg -3
Temple 3

Some of my numbers maybe a little off

I called temple uni about seats they told me 1-2 only

what about residency seats in specialty for international graduates but who hold a license in the states without going through any advanced standing program ??
please do tell me about this

what about residency seats in specialty for international graduates but who hold a license in the states without going through any advanced standing program ??
Please do tell me about this

umdnj -- 21-24 not sure exactly, part 2 required
columbia - may be 2-3 depends on drop out from regular class
stony brook ny- may be 1-2 depends on drop out
good luck