"Nurse Anesthesiologist" approved title by AANA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreAAstudent

Reaction score

^ Check out this link

Members don't see this ad.

I did not realize they had so many names... I guess when your knowledge is so vast and you are so important, one title is not going to cover all aspects your multifaceted greatness!

Reactions: 1 user
It must be awful to live with “little man” syndrome to the extent that you actually form a task force for this.
Covering up for inadequacies is all this screams to me. The AANA becomes more of a joke as the years go on.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not realize they had so many names... I guess when your knowledge is so vast and you are so important, one title is not going to cover all aspects your multifaceted greatness!

Pretty soon they’re going to have to remove the pocket on the white coat so they can fit all these new titles they’re granting themselves.

Eh, whatever helps them sleep at night. Someone could introduce themselves to me as a nurse anesthesiologist and I'd just be like "So you're a nurse."

1f6b2a5ae3ed5db75b12100b1366042d.jpg

This is Bob, our new ...

Reactions: 15 users
Perhaps they should add some more accurate descriptors

- Anesthesia Nurse
- Nurse trained in giving anesthesia
- Nurse pretending to be doctor

Don’t forget physician extender and midlevel.

Reactions: 1 users
Eh, whatever helps them sleep at night. Someone could introduce themselves to me as a nurse anesthesiologist and I'd just be like "So you're a nurse."
Nah, they will come and introduce themselves as anesthesiologists while conveniently leaving out the nurse descriptor.

Seriously why isn't the AMA, the ASA and other people responding to this. This should be in the news. It is fraud and the patients get screwed. Right now the AANA is trialing this and seeing what the response is. They are sending their members this memo that the AANA will back them when they call themselves an anesthesiologist. This is so ****ed up and so wrong.

Nurses without shame.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously why isn't the AMA, the ASA and other people responding to this. This should be in the news. It is fraud and the patients get screwed. Right now the AANA is trialing this and seeing what the response is. They are sending their members this memo that the AANA will back them when they call themselves an anesthesiologist. This is so ****ed up and so wrong

Nurses without shame

I mean having met the ASA leadership, i'm not surprised there isn't a response. when i met them they seemed pretty detached from reality. their answer to every question regarding CRNA is anesthesiologists just need to differentiate themselves and they'll be fine, our future is amazingly bright. it's like how trump doesn't understand the life of average citizen. they seem to feel like they are way above and better than CRNAs there's no need to do anything with these attacks. I dont think they understand that their opinions of how good they are doesn't translate to the publics opinion.

Hmm... I’m honestly wondering if this is fake news.

It’s a reddit post and every other title is capitalized and looks more professional. This looks like an afterthought and illegitimate.

So easy to ignore crap like this anyway. Yawn. Next?

"They have decide" lmao tells us what we need to know right there

You guys missed the best part: “...but not limited to...” lol

I mean having met the ASA leadership, i'm not surprised there isn't a response. when i met them they seemed pretty detached from reality. their answer to every question regarding CRNA is anesthesiologists just need to differentiate themselves and they'll be fine, our future is amazingly bright. it's like how trump doesn't understand the life of average citizen. they seem to feel like they are way above and better than CRNAs there's no need to do anything with these attacks. I dont think they understand that their opinions of how good they are doesn't translate to the publics opinion.
If it is real it is the fault of the ASA. It stems back to when the ASA came up with “physician anesthesiologist”. WTF, isn’t that redundant?

I shall be referred to as a diety anesthesiologist. You might be a nurse-doctor, but I'm a doctor-god.

Reactions: 3 users
They can call themselves whatever they want.....when they look in the mirror every morning for their self-affirming talk ("you're a good person, and gosh darn it, people like you") they know who they are - nurses.

If it is real it is the fault of the ASA. It stems back to when the ASA came up with “physician anesthesiologist”. WTF, isn’t that redundant?
Exactly correct. Can't blame the AANA, this is the correct counterstrategy to that mistake by the ASA.

By *intentionally* removing the "obviously refers to a physician" aspect of the word "anesthesiologist," they invited this and have nobody to blame for it but themselves.

The ASA should approve Great Poobah Ninja Anesthesiologist.

Attending I had in residency insisted on calling them 'nurse {last name} ' in front of patients. Encouraged the residents to do this. Ballsy in that hospital as they are all hospital employed. Would infuriate most of the CRNAs and they cant respond belligerently to that. Even their batsh*t militant nursing PhDs are nurses first then whatever afterwards.

Reactions: 5 users
Attending I had in residency insisted on calling them 'nurse {last name} ' in front of patients. Encouraged the residents to do this. Ballsy in that hospital as they are all hospital employed. Would infuriate most of the CRNAs and they cant respond belligerently to that. Even their batsh*t militant nursing PhDs are nurses first then whatever afterwards.

I've never understood why these people look down on their roots and peers. They went to nursing school and are nurses. It's really an insult to their colleagues that they take offense to being called a murse and pretend to be doctors.

I've never understood why these people look down on their roots and peers. They went to nursing school and are nurses. It's really an insult to their colleagues that they take offense to being called a murse and pretend to be doctors.

Yeah the “stigma” associated with being a nurse when...you know..that’s what they are lol.

So now nurses call themselves doctor, chiropractors call themselves physicians, CRNAs call themselves anesthesiologists...

What title should we escape to?

Perhaps “actual anesthesiologist” or AA for sh....wait damn it.

I am still waiting for a new nurse degree. They will call it “Medical Dilution” and put MD on their coat after 1 week in skills workshops.