Nurse Jackie Star Promotes ObamaCare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coastie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g90eRY4nbnRfAZqwy0ZwOS1XjPJAD991TIL01

As said before, every one of these "nursing" shows are really subtle hints for the upcoming healthcare reform, including the de-doctoring of healthcare.

Glad I am not the only one who picked up on that theme...thought I might be getting paranoid or something, but I think it's very obvious if you watch a couple of shows(which can be painful), especially the almost anti-doctor themes in shows like HawthoRNe.

Glad I am not the only one who picked up on that theme...thought I might be getting paranoid or something, but I think it's very obvious if you watch a couple of shows(which can be painful), especially the almost anti-doctor themes in shows like HawthoRNe.
Everything from PA's to NP's and CRNA's have lines in these shows explaining how they can do "90% of what doctors do" and practice independently or with great autonomy. The political agenda is glaringly obvious, at least to us med students/doctors. Just saw another PA on Royal Pains (i know, silly show) explain in painful detail to a doubter how qualified to "practice medicine" she is. It totally seems like they're creating the framework for the revolution (de-doctoring).

I actually "attempted" to watch the show while eating food during my study break... and i have to tell you guys.. its HORRIBLE.

If this is what the nurses want to preach: ugly women who cheat on their hubbies, misuse drugs and "talk down" to junior residents because they are some what superior because they have time to hold a patients hand while the patient is on a ventilator just because the patient "might" hear your concern and magically get better.. go right ahead :sleep:

For real though, its a horrible show, with a horrible story line AND NO EYE CANDY!!! :thumbdown:

PS. I liked her role in The Sopranos, Tony kept her in check :thumbup:

^ Haha, another sheltered med student who haven't encountered real life nor the fact that a nurse's presence (and their good graces) is crucial to his future career. :rolleyes:

^ Haha, another sheltered med student who haven't encountered real life nor the fact that a nurse's presence (and their good graces) is crucial to his future career. :rolleyes:
bowrofl.gif
this from a pre-med?
bowrofl.gif

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=8106749&postcount=1
chairs said:
I'm starting pre-med kind of late (will be a junior in the fall), so I kind of have to catch up a little (although I've already decided to apply a year later).

Now, how many is too much? For example, would signing up for Bio 1, Gen. Chem. 1 and Physics 1 (and the respective labs) be stupid? Yes, we all have different capabilities and institutions, but there must a general trend among people who did this. So, has anyone done it? Share! :)

bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif
bowrofl.gif

Thanks for the back- up guys :thumbup:

But allow me for a bit, Chairs, its awesome that you're pursuing a medical career... props to you. BUT, I'm not just another "sheltered" medical student, I worked VERY CLOSE with a whole bunch of nurses and physicians for THREE YEARS in a VERY busy ED after undergrad, not to mention working part-time during undergrad so dude, i know system decently well....and please, don't knock the hustle :cool:

Last edited: