• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

    Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Nurse Practitioner vs. Dental Assistant vs. Pharmacy Technician vs. Childcare Worker

Not open for further replies.


Full Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2012
  1. Non-Student

    Bro, that's like, a huge range you got there.

    In fact all of those things have quite a huge gap between them as far as absolutely everything about them is concerned.

    NP = 6ish years of school. Semi-autonomous (and occasionally totally autonomous) practice of medicine (which is instead called advanced nursing).

    Dental Assistant = Anywhere from 6 month certificate to 2 year A.S. degree. You will take x-rays, assist with dental procedures, and so on.

    Pharmacy Technician = No school required in many, simply take the PTCB and then start pharmacy teching. You will stock/fill meds and in some places do compounding or IV mixtures.

    Childcare = I don't even know.

    Not that it matters anyway. Respiratory Care is totally the best of all those, but you didn't select it as an option, so I choose none of the above.
    About the Ads
    Not open for further replies.