Nurses and the eviction of our best members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecCA1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
by getting under their skin and goading them into fights has got to stop. This site is a doctor's site. People considering becoming docs, those who are in med school, residents, fellows and attendings should be posting here--definitely not nurses who've revealed their disdain for docs in their many posts.

This place cannot be taken seriously if the few practicing physicians get booted because some nurse shows up and fires a few insults their way is tolerated. There's no reason for SRNA/CRNAs to be allowed to do this. They ought to be able to read the info presented as it's pertinent to them, but to weigh in with crap like "Who's better" and the like is simply an attempt to cause fights. If it didn't result in people who have valuabel info being lost, it would be merely a nuisance. As it stands, it's far worse because the few people who are truly helpful are getting kicked out after defending themselves.

Maybe there could be an ignore feature.

Maybe we should permanently ban those ISPS who start these problems. I don't see Jet writing posts about nurses; he responds to them in a way that most of us would if we were being assailed.

Why does Kimberly think she should protect the rights of nurses to come here and kick dirt up when they really shouldn't be doing anything other than asking questions of the attendings/residents on the site? Their opinion of us should be left for the nursing boards.

Members don't see this ad.

ecCA1 said:
by getting under their skin and goading them into fights has got to stop. This site is a doctor's site. People considering becoming docs, those who are in med school, residents, fellows and attendings should be posting here--definitely not nurses who've revealed their disdain for docs in their many posts.

This place cannot be taken seriously if the few practicing physicians get booted because some nurse shows up and fires a few insults their way is tolerated. There's no reason for SRNA/CRNAs to be allowed to do this. They ought to be able to read the info presented as it's pertinent to them, but to weigh in with crap like "Who's better" and the like is simply an attempt to cause fights. If it didn't result in people who have valuabel info being lost, it would be merely a nuisance. As it stands, it's far worse because the few people who are truly helpful are getting kicked out after defending themselves.

Maybe we should permanently ban those ISPS who start these problems. I don't see Jet writing posts about nurses; he responds to them in a way that most of us would if we were being assailed.

Why does Kimberly think she should protect the rights of nurses to come here and kick dirt up when they really shouldn't be doing anything other than asking questions of the attendings/residents on the site? Their opinion of us should be left for the nursing boards.

Wow CRNAs came to this forum and bashed MDs?? link the posts, I will bitchslap them with ease. Im all for banning ANY gas practice by nurses, its outrageous IMO. I know for a fact there is not a single one at my current hosp's medical staff and that wont change in the near future.

For ASA I cases and cataract surgeries, I don't mind having CRNAs run the room, as long as there's an on-site attending MD in charge of their practices. I understand where you're coming from regarding more involved cases, though.

But the real problem, here, at least, is what I originally posted. We need moderators to protect this site, which is unique in that the membership includes several very active, HIGHLY appreciated attendings whose input is priceless.

Members don't see this ad :)
ecCA1 said:
. . .

Kimberly is doing her job. She explained her actions very eloquently. We all miss Jet. That is no reason to take it out on Kimberly. If you don't like the nurses posting on the board, complaint about them, not the moderator.

Most of the post, if you bothered to read it, discusses the issue of nurses and their unreasonable presence on this site as it pertains to inciting firefights.

While Kimberly may well be within her rights to ban Jet, the fact that the other people who CLEARLY are not here for anything worthwhile are allowed to stay on speaks volumes about the trajectory of this site.

As posted before, there are other sites for nurses.

edited to add:

One of them is allnurses.com. There are a number of threads dealing with the very issues of concern discussed her by our nurse population.

I apologize in advance as you more than likely won't like the following.

I am a nurse, and I am aware of the 'other site'. I read it very infrequently and when I do get very little from my time there. I browse/post here because of people LIKE Jet, militarymd, sdn, UT, Noyac etc etc. I have aspirations of attending a CRNA program in the near future and becoming part of an anesthesia care team, not lobbying to end the profession of anesthesiologists. The 'other board' is chocked full of estrogen and bitchiess as one would expect, and very few education clinical discussions (which are more or less the norm here). They are also militant as hell and I do not share the same attitudes, so I usually just end up inciting them with my posts.

As much as I regret Jet is gone, a nurse isnt the reason. He violated the TOS and is unfortunately suffering the consequences. An admin here, who was carrying out their duties, suspended his account, not an RN. You're logic is totally ass backwards to blame a nurse or Kimberly.

Yes, there are a large majority of nurses who resent, despise, hate physicians. But your attitude also shows the amount of physicians who think they are better than other people.

So yeah, I'm an RN on a board for physicians, but med school is always a possibility so I have every right to post here. Even if I never did goto medical school the things I learn from the more professional members are invaluable. They're funny as hell, too.

Addendum: I agree that the "What is a CRNA and why are they better than Anesthesiologists?" posts are a waste of time and should be locked/deleted, but that isn't always feasible.

Listen, I agree with your points here, everyones. The complaints are a sore note with all the mods I'm sure. We don't want to have to get involved. I have tried to find out who is raising the complaints but they have been sent to other mods and not to me. Those mods (for good reasons I'm sure) have not told me who has raised them. Therefore, I can only speculate who it is. I have toyed with the idea of closing all threads related to the Dr./crna topic but that is not fair to those of us (the majority) that are good members here. There is some good info (rarely) in those posts. They have helped me in forming my opinions towards crna's ( bad for them).
Jet is a smart guy. He will most likely take this with a grain of salt and hopefully be back sooner than later (if I can do anything about it). Feel free to PM me about any of this.

SouthSideSteve said:
I apologize in advance as you more than likely won't like the following.

I am a nurse, and I am aware of the 'other site'. I read it very infrequently and when I do get very little from my time there. I browse/post here because of people LIKE Jet, militarymd, sdn, UT, Noyac etc etc. I have aspirations of attending a CRNA program in the near future and becoming part of an anesthesia care team, not lobbying to end the profession of anesthesiologists. The 'other board' is chocked full of estrogen and bitchiess as one would expect, and very few education clinical discussions (which are more or less the norm here). They are also militant as hell and I do not share the same attitudes, so I usually just end up inciting them with my posts.

As much as I regret Jet is gone, a nurse isnt the reason. He violated the TOS and is unfortunately suffering the consequences. An admin here, who was carrying out their duties, suspended his account, not an RN. You're logic is totally ass backwards to blame a nurse or Kimberly.

Yes, there are a large majority of nurses who resent, despise, hate physicians. But your attitude also shows the amount of physicians who think they are better than other people.

So yeah, I'm an RN on a board for physicians, but med school is always a possibility so I have every right to post here. Even if I never did goto medical school the things I learn from the more professional members are invaluable. They're funny as hell, too.

Addendum: I agree that the "What is a CRNA and why are they better than Anesthesiologists?" posts are a waste of time and should be locked/deleted, but that isn't always feasible.

People like yourself are always welcome here IMHO. :thumbup:

"You're logic is totally ass backwards to blame a nurse or Kimberly."

You're perseverating on the "blaming Kimberly" tone.

Re-read what I wrote. In the context of what's being allowed on this site, I think she was remiss to throw out Jet while allowing the real troublemakers to continue their mischief.

Word ecCA1. A lot of the CRNAs (not all) that come here are total asshats.

While I stated in another thread I would comment no more on the subject, please let me clarify.

The complainers are not nurses as far as I can tell - they have no record of posting as such in these forums. I do not think it necessary to "out" the users who complained; they PMd me in confidence and it wouldn't be right to expose them. I would think all of you would prefer the same treatment.

The Moderators and Administrators cannot possibly patrol all the threads. Frankly, this is the first day I think I've ever even ventured into this forum. If there is a problem with a certain thread or user, the Mods need to be informed - after all, no one can possibly keep up with all the threads and posts made each day. It is no longer possible given the traffic.

Therefore, I had only a peripheral knowledge that there was an MD vs CRNA thread here and have NO knowledge of what is posted within it and my actions toward jetproppilot have no relevancy to that thread. What was done to his account is because of what he did, not because of anyone else and it should not be relevant to anyone else but him and me.

BTW, he isn't banned as some have suggested, but rather only on post-hold for 1 week. He hasn't cared to contact me via email so I have no way of knowing what his thoughts are on the subject. I'm sure he appreciates all his defenders here.

Keep in mind that these actions aren't taken lightly, they aren't taken without warning the user that they are in violation of the TOS and they aren't meant to be biased. Sometimes they will be and sometimes other users (whether they be nurses, or whomever) will "get away" with something someone else doesn't.

No one has PMd me and asked me to intervene on the CRNAs or MDs behalf on that thread. I am always happy to do a little work and investigate complaints when a URL is provided. I haven't intervened in that thread because there have been no complaints directed to me and I wasn't aware that there was a real problem, other than as I said, above, peripherally and via other posts in the Mods forums.

SO I hope this clarifies things and you can get back to the CRNA vs Anesthesiologist argument without fear that they have tried to silence one of the docs to benefit their side. For those who don't know me, I am not a nurse either.

And finally, the other Admins are in support of my actions as well, but if this changes in the near future, I will reverse my decision.

Ok...now this really is the end of my public discussion on this matter.

Kimberly,

If you are unaware of the multiple discussions of MD vs. CRNA which come up repeatedly under the Anesthesiology thread, perhaps the moderation of the Anesthesiology thread is best left to a moderator that does have some familiarity with the topics of discussion and the important posters - like jet - so the entire thread be deleted promptly rather then banning Jet. Weren't Old Man Dave and VentDependent moderators or someone else in the Anesthesiology field moderators at one point? Bring back Jet. And get rid of the militant nurses flooding our DOCTOR forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
An SRNA here:

Come on guys, it isn't the "nurses" fault and that was clearly stated by Kimberly. CRNA's aren't out to get you. Sure there are some with an attitude just as some of you have an attitude. By continually pushing that you are only letting your insecurities show. While I understand about TOS and that some people may get offended, it's like TV or radio: if you don't like it then turn the damn channel. I have a lot of respect for jet and feel he is one of the pillars of this forum. He not only lends valuable insight and knowledge but also a hell of a sense of humor. Look forward to his return. :thumbup:

PS I have proudly been forever banned from that site: allfukedupnurses.com

Involved Admins & Mods,

Please refer to this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=274051 , wherein Lee Burnett states:

"Lastly, this is a forum for physicians and medical students, MD and DO. Other medical professionals are welcome, but those who come here to stir-up trouble will be banned."

Now, tell me that members Dogbone65 and DFK don't deserve to be banned.

DFK, a self-identified nurse and MD-hater:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3948326&postcount=33

Dogbone65, a self-identified SRNA:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3946355&postcount=26

But back to the point: Jet got banned for carrying on a DIS CONTEST ?!?! Wack.

He wasn't banned, he's on acedemic probation for a week. :laugh: I think this is all kind of funny. I realized that I need to read the ToS. And now I'm dying to know what thread it was that got him put on hold. I didn't know you could complain about other people on here.

ecCA1 said:

I apologize if anyone thought my reply to ecCA1 meant to keep all nurses from posting on the board. My comment should have been "Don't complain about the moderator, complain about the people you believe are breaking the TOS." I was responding to ecCA's use of nurses.

fakin' the funk said:
Involved Admins & Mods,

Please refer to this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=274051 , wherein Lee Burnett states:

"Lastly, this is a forum for physicians and medical students, MD and DO. Other medical professionals are welcome, but those who come here to stir-up trouble will be banned."

Perhaps I pushed a button? Why should I be banned. Obvously you have never read any of my posts. I am quite supportive of the act model. That post was in support of Jet and to stand up for those who can't defend themselves. If you have a probably with me I'd be more than happy to speak with you privately so pm me. I have nothing against physicians and I believe I have said that several times. I don't want anyone's job. If I wanted to be a doctor I would have gone to med school. Now that I am probably 15-20 years older than you do I wish I would have? Not a bit. I am quite secure with who I am and where I am, which is apparently more than you can say.

What ever happened to the "private forum"? Why not just take the discussion behind closed doors...

blocks said:
What ever happened to the "private forum"? Why not just take the discussion behind closed doors...

Exactly.

Banned for typing Dr. Dre lyrics. Pathetic (and embarrassing). Kim got dragged into a situation that She/He(?) is not familiar with. Interesting that the involved parties contacted someone that really has no idea what happens here. The entire point of this forum is to learn. Yet, one of the most knowledgeable sources is eliminated.

All for Dr Dre lyrics. Pathetic.

Disclaimer: I have no prob with Kim or any of the mods. I have a problem with the individuals that pulled what is no less than a sleight of hand. It really was not fair to Kim or the other mods from the OTHER areas of the board to be dragged into this.

For song lyrics. Pathetic.

fakin' the funk said:
Involved Admins & Mods,

sorry to say, but no MD hater here.. there are many that i truly enjoy working with and learning from...
my career depends on that as well...
i just can't understand the animosity and "competition" as stated in threads such as these..
i read these posts to learn and will continue to do so...
ban if you want, although unwarranted..
i will reincarnate if necessary...

dogbone65 said:
I don't want anyone's job. If I wanted to be a doctor I would have gone to med school. Now that I am probably 15-20 years older than you do I wish I would have? Not a bit.

i think the true validation of a young physician-in-training's career choice comes that first time he examines a patient who has "code browned," and realizes that all he has to do to remove himself from the situation is grab the nurse and say: "uh, sorry, but bed 9 has crapped himself. you might wanna sort that out..."

nurses are certainly important, are often very helpful, and can save your ass most days of the week. but when you are dealing with one with a major 'tude, just remember that, ultimately, he is the one that has to clean up the poop...

Status
Not open for further replies.