nursing in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ceklon

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am M.D. in Poland- practicing 20 months after graduation (plus one month as a nurse and mid-wife when nurses went on strike).
Perhaps it is worth considering: if there is such a shortage of nurses in the US, please tell me how to get to work in American hospital as a nurse(license, registration)?
Thanks,
ceklon

P.S.
What is PA's job?

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You would need to decide which State in the U.S. you would like to work in, then contact that individual State's Department of Nursing (you can look this info up on the web - most are listed and found quite easily). For example, I live in New York; my contact is the New York State Department of Nursing. These websites are generally complete and updated in their information.

Each individual State has their own requirements for RN or LPN licensure, as well as Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Mid-Wifery. Most, if not all, States require proof of graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (medical school doesn't count), as well as passage of a national licensing exam.

Kat :)

Why not just practice as an MD?

Are you afraid of all the board examinations you have to take?