Nursing Jobs for recent graduate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be graduating from college at the end of this semester and I will have a year off before i attend graduate school. I was wondering is there anytime of nursing job i could get for a year? I remember one of my lab partners last year was doing this. She was working as a nurses aid for a year before she attended med school. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

NRAI2001 said:
I will be graduating from college at the end of this semester and I will have a year off before i attend graduate school. I was wondering is there anytime of nursing job i could get for a year? I remember one of my lab partners last year was doing this. She was working as a nurses aid for a year before she attended med school. Any suggestions?

What kind of degree will you have? If BSN, you could do anything you want for a year. The demand is huge. If it is just a BS or AS, then nurses aid is about it.

Pat

Rather than taking VS every 4 hours, contantly emptying urinals or putting up with being the lowest on the totem pole as a nurse's aid, what do you think about being a er tech? That job is an awesome experience for someone about to enter the medical profession. One of the perks it that the MDs, PAs, and emergency RNs will allow you to do some activities once you have gained some trust. Give it a look before you become a nurse's aid.

rn29036

Members don't see this ad :)
rn29306 said:
Rather than taking VS every 4 hours, contantly emptying urinals or putting up with being the lowest on the totem pole as a nurse's aid, what do you think about being a er tech? That job is an awesome experience for someone about to enter the medical profession. One of the perks it that the MDs, PAs, and emergency RNs will allow you to do some activities once you have gained some trust. Give it a look before you become a nurse's aid.

rn29036

I have never heard of an ER tech, what does an ER tech do? Do u need to take any classes to become one? What kinda of pay do they recieve? Is there a demand?

Is this similar to a radiology tech?