Nutrition class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indpa7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm planning on taking a Nutrition Class (NFS 141) for the upcoming semester, and I was wondering if it would count under the science GPA. Its listed under the 'Health Sciences-Nutrition and Food Sciences' Department. I tried looking it up online, but I couldn't find a solid answer. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

No. Must fall under dept of Bio Chem Phys Math.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm signed up for a nutrition class next quarter, but it's in the Physiological Science department of the school. I guess I'll have to see how AMCAS classifies it if I have to reapply next year.

OP: Actually, it depends. Mine counted. I am currently a registered dietitian and at my undergrad school the nutrition route was a human biology major with an emphasis in nutritional sciences. All of the nutrition classes were under the dept of human biology. I might depend on the type of nutrition class and how it is listed at your school. Obviously an "eat this not that" class is clearly not very scientific. However, if they are covering more detailed processes and some basic biochemistry toics then I think it should count. If your class is NFS (nutrition and food science?) it probably wont count. Plus it is only a 100-level class so it is probably pretty basic.